New BG Tactic in Our Area

This is a discussion on New BG Tactic in Our Area within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Ok folks, what would you do in this situation had you been carrying? This is an area not too far from where I live and ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: New BG Tactic in Our Area

Question New BG Tactic in Our Area

Ok folks, what would you do in this situation had you been carrying? This is an area not too far from where I live and I frequent much for shopping. The armed holdups in this area have been increasing at an a substantial rate. I tell my wife not to go to this area and won't even think about it unless I'm carrying. And then, it would have to be for a pretty urgent reason.
    http://www.whtm.com/news/stories/0109/582570.html
    Last edited by MP45Man; January 5th, 2009 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Forgot link to article, DUH!

2. Remove Ads

Roll up the windows and keep the doors locked. Don't get out to check it. If someone approaches, ram the carriage and get out.

If it is that bad you should write a letter to the city leaders and the chief of police. And yes, I would avoid the area as much as possible and carry if I have to go there until the city and police address the issues and fix the problem. That type of situations can be detrimental to businesses and property value in the area.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

We always need to be one step ahead...don't we?

Quote Originally Posted by boricua View Post
    If it is that bad you should write a letter to the city leaders and the chief of police. And yes, I would avoid the area as much as possible and carry if I have to go there until the city and police address the issues and fix the problem. That type of situations can be detrimental to businesses and property value in the area.
    Good point. What's interesting about this is I watch this channels news in the morning and these things are never mentioned. I have to go scour the website to find them. I don't know about anyone else, but this seems kind of newsworthy to me. I think I'll drop a line to the station.

VIP Member
    Sounds like a bad movie plot to me.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Ram Rod View Post
    We always need to be one step ahead...don't we?
    If your one step ahead, your really just waiting to be behind. About ten steps ahead is just right IMO.
    "Just blame Sixto"

If there is a baby carriage on the move by itself there is usually a frantic parent right behind it in overdrive. Anything else is not worth stopping for.

The best rule of thumb in an ambush is keep moving
    "Arms in the hands of individual citizens may be used at individual discretion..in private self defense." John Adams

What I am not doing is exiting my vehicle without police on the scene.
    I have enough chromed steel on the front of my truck that I don't have any worries about my vehicle being damaged by a baby carriage. I also have enough chromed steel on the front of my truck that I know if I hit a baby carriage at any kind of speed, its occupant (if any) is going to either need medical treatment far beyond my abilities, or is beyond medical care.

I will call 9-1-1 and wait with my head on a swivel and a hand on my weapon until officers and ambulance arrive or the situation changes to the point I need to leave to guarantee my safety.
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

This tragedy could have been avoided if we had strictly enforced "reasonable" baby carriage laws on the books. I would start by closing the Baby Carriage show loop hole that allows people with criminal intent to easily purchase carriages without a background check and a reasonable "good cause".

Quote Originally Posted by Rotorblade View Post
    This tragedy could have been avoided if we had strictly enforced "reasonable" baby carriage laws on the books. I would start by closing the Baby Carriage show loop hole that allows people with criminal intent to easily purchase carriages without a background check and a reasonable "good cause".

Distinguished Member
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

This is not a bad start. I think we can do better. What if they decide to use an occupied baby carriage next time? There needs to be a law providing for the safety of the occupant. Not only front air bags but side and rear and top and bottom... This is a tradgedy averted folks, this could have ended poorly for the occupant.
    My guess as to why the carriage was empty...well I saw this in a movie once and my guess is one of two things- Either they couldn't find a little person to occupy it or they were unwilling to get in with a tommy gun. Oh, is there a "no tommy gun held by a little person in a baby carriage" law...THAT may be why!
    Pray for our nations leaders!

That's an old tactic used by assassins and terrorist.
    You do not think the 9mm is effective? Then let me shoot at you.

mkh

Now that is a typical liberal democrat response (not accusing you of being one).
    Last edited by mkh; January 6th, 2009 at 10:54 AM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links