This happened in military housing.

This is a discussion on This happened in military housing. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; We had two adult chasing a 6-7 yr old female down the street. One had an expandable baton and the ohter had long body maglite, ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: This happened in military housing.

This happened in military housing.

We had two adult chasing a 6-7 yr old female down the street. One had an expandable baton and the ohter had long body maglite, D cell i believe. They were trying to hit the kid. Now what would you do. I was not personally there but my neighbor said she called the police and kept yelling at them. This happened in Virginia beach military housing. As far as we know nothing happened to the couple. What would you have done....

2. Remove Ads

1943 - 2009
    What would you have done....
    The same as your neighbor.

Call 911.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I would have called leo and had nothing happened and I knew the perps possibly contacted child protective services,The military can be good at sweeping stuff under the carpet
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Thats what i figured. My nieghbor just wanted more opinions to see if she should have done more. I told her she did the best thing she could have.

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    The military can be good at sweeping stuff under the carpet
    So very true....

Quote Originally Posted by navyabf2 View Post
    Thats what i figured. My nieghbor just wanted more opinions to see if she should have done more. I told her she did the best thing she could have.

So very true....
    I agree, But only if you are in senior Ranks. Lower enlisted would be thrown to the wolves. IMHO
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

We had two adult chasing a 6-7 yr old female down the street. One had an expandable baton and the ohter had long body maglite, D cell i believe. They were trying to hit the kid. Now what would you do. I was not personally there but my neighbor said she called the police and kept yelling at them. This happened in Virginia beach military housing. As far as we know nothing happened to the couple. What would you have done....
    Expandable baton while chasing a KID??????????? What the crap is that all about? I think I would "step in" to see exactly what's going on while the wife is calling 911.
    ((Place funny, whitty comment here))

VIP Member
    Not much more that she could have done, other than offer the kid somewhere to safely get away from the adults until LEO arrived.

Assuming one wasn't armed (not usually an option on base) it's a tough call. I'd have a hard time not going out there armed or not. There are time that risking taking a beating is called for, this sounds like one of them.

Before engaging I'd try to simply stand between and look tough and hope that they aren't willing to engage me while waiting for LE. If they try to get past me they are gonna have to work for it.
    Spend few minutes learning about my journey from Zero to Athlete in this mini documentary!
    Then check out my blog! www.BodyByMcDonalds.com

Cupcake - 100 pound loser, adventurer, Ironman Triathlete.

Well, I would assume the people chasing this kid with DEADLY weapons were trying to inflict serious bodily harm upon the child, and while calling 911 I would step in and stop them with any means necessary and within reason...

I would definitely have called 911 and hopefully from a cell phone so that I could follow and watch as things may develop. From the description, it's difficult to say exactly what may have been going on. I remember a few times my Dad chasing my sister and myself with something in his hand that he never would have actually hit us with. It was done strictly to scare us and that it did. In our lives, neither of us as ever been arrested or even accused of any wrongdoing. I find it hard to believe that two adults on a military base (suggesting that at least one of them was in the military and in reasonable shape) couldn't catch up to a 6 yr. old if they wanted to. But, there are a lot of sickos in the world which is why I would have tried to follow to watch things develop and had they actually started beating her, I would not wait for the cops to show before intervening on her behalf.

Hoss
    Sig 239 SAS 40 S&W / Sig 239 9mm / Kahr PM-9 / Walther PPS .40 / Sig P-245 / Ruger LCP
    Beretta Tomcat / Walther PPK / BDA 380 / Taurus 85 / Kel-Tec PF-9 / Am. Derringer 357

NRA Life Member
    My Web Site

well when i was at ft. lewis the on basing housing was horrible for enlisted, i'm sure alot of bad things happened there alot. i wouldve stepped out and thrown down the wrath of god on someone trying to hurt a kid, i dont care who it was
    U/315
    KY Concealed Carry Instructor
    Taser X2/X26 Instructor
    "It is the tradition that a Kentuckian never runs. He does not have to…[he] is entitled to stand his ground, and meet any (life-threatening) attack made upon him with a deadly weapon…." Gibson v. KY, 34SW936(Ky.1931)

I'm calling 911 and stepping in to find out why they would need to chase a kid down with weapons.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

If you are not willing to stand behind our Troops, feel free to stand in front of them!

-Paco

Were these the kids parents? Because if they were, and actually trying to hit the girl, I'm very surprised nothing was done to them. I can't speak for the other services but I know of cases in the Air Force where discharges were given for child abuse. All the same, the neighbor did the right thing in calling LE. I'd like to see the report and follow-up actions.
    Member NRA, SAF and Georgiacarry.org
    “America will never be destroyed from the outside. If we falter and lose our freedoms, it will be because we destroyed ourselves.” Abraham Lincoln

Well we talked to our rent a cop. (Really good person, former Army) She was also involved in the situation and she said that the management has done nothing about it. We have break ins (1 door down from me) and all kinds of stuuf happen and we live just outside the base. I wish we would go back to military run housing instead of civilian. Things were a lot more secure.

Anyone chasing a 6 or 7 year old with weapons will get my immediate, unwavering attention -- but adults will receive especially acute attention. The victim will be safe in my home or with me and will not be turned over to anyone other than the authorities. There would be follow up, and I would be a squeaky wheel indeed.
    The facts are indisputable. There is more data supporting the benefits of Conceal Carry than there is supporting global warming. If you choose ignorance, in light of all the evidence, in order to bolster your irrational fear of guns, you are a greater threat to society than any gun owner.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links