Votes: 155 85.6%
  • Man being menaced by a group of dogs.

Votes: 147 81.2%
  • Woman being menaced by group of men.

Votes: 161 89.0%

Which of these would you react to?

3K views 34 replies 33 participants last post by  Jcabin 
#1 ·
Which of these scenarios would you react to? Then explain how/why.

#5 ·
ANY person being targeted by a pack (more than 1) dogs is in serious danger. They are not teasing, looking for a good time, or looking for money. How I intervene is a matter of environment.

Woman being menaced by a group of men;

Given that it is obvious that she appears to be in danger, from a reasonable distance (more than 21 feet) I will already be speaking with 911, and will loudly ask the woman if she is OK. The group of men if they have any malice intended are going to focus on me. Where it goes from there who knows but I have distance and 911 recording whatever happens.

#6 ·
Which of these would you react to?
Good thing the poll was multiple choice. Yup...I voted for all. Each handled differently of course.

#8 ·
I'd likely respond/react to all........ Like others, the actual reaction would depend on the individual circumstances.

#10 ·
I would naturally be inclined to respond to anyone, truly in danger for their life, whether by men or dogs. (In some cases, what's the difference? Menacing men or menacing dogs?)

#18 ·
Yep, although the reaction may be different depending on the circumstances or each, but how would any of them not result in some type of reaction from an onlooker.

If you didn't react to all of them, I would guess one would have to be clueless.

#12 ·
yup, every one of them. Children, women, and then the guy. In that order. The reaction would vary of course, depending on the breed and size of dogs. Not exactly going to empty clips on a pack of Shih Tzu's. :wink:

#14 ·
Definitely going in to help in any case.
Though, sitting here, the thought of a man getting mauled by a pack of Shi Tzus is almost humorous.

#17 ·
I voted all, how I respond will depend on the amount of threat involved and what is needed to safely defuse the situation.

#20 ·
I have to go with all depending on the circumstances somewhat. The dog ones are a no-brainier. Pack dogs are not looking for fun so they are a dangerous threat. The woman and men one may depend on what I know of the situation.

#21 ·
Been bit by a dog once and that was enough, so I is a given that if I see a vicious dog go after anyone....
As to the woman in distress, I have a bad case of 'White Knight Syndrome"

#22 ·
Thanks for all the replies. I am glad to see that when canines attack there is very little hesitation to protect others. I am just suprised when the responses are not so positive for an armed robbery. In these circumstances nobody demured to just being a good witness. I wonder why someone with a gun to another human being's head is less dangerous and life-threatening than a pack of dogs? It will certainly take much more time for a pack of dogs to ravage someone then the time it takes for a criminal to decide to pull the trigger on a gun.

#26 ·
I voted all of them, however, the poll is somewhat ambiguous. My reactions may be different for each situation depending on the actual circumstances.

#28 ·
I would react to them all... react does not mean I would get physically involved in all of them! :image035:

Question... exactly how hot IS that woman? :rofl:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.