Real Life Scenario - Page 4

Real Life Scenario

This is a discussion on Real Life Scenario within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If you carry a gun you should also carry: . a Cell phone . a Small, bright LED flashlight . a Knife . a can ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    If you carry a gun you should also carry:
    . a Cell phone
    . a Small, bright LED flashlight
    . a Knife
    . a can of good quality OC such as Foxlabs or Sabre Red

This happened in Vancouver WA ~3 years ago:
    Vancouver teenager stabbed to death while working at McDonalds.

Schizophrenic sex offender David Sullivan was accused of stabbing Anna Svidersky with a seven-inch kitchen knife while she was sitting at a table taking a break during her shift at the fast food restaurant. After allegedly stabbing the 17-year-old, Sullivan fled the McDonalds and was followed by one of Svidersky's co-workers.

---

He just walked into the McDonalds. . Saw here sitting there; Pulled out a knife and stabbed her in the back multiple times. She didn't have a clue that anything was wrong until the knife was in her back. . He was a mentally deranged psycho who had NEVER met her before.
    Somewhere in the Pacific NW

VIP Member
    Thanks to Ron White. He reminded me of a Up Close & Personal shootout where everybody was at Bad Breath distance, shots were exchanged and in his words "they even missed the (censored) Suburban."

Kehoe Brothers Police Shoot Out - YourDailyMedia.com
    You have to make the shot when fire is smoking, people are screaming, dogs are barking, kids are crying and sirens are coming.
    Randy Cain.

Ego will kill you. Leave it at home.
    Signed: Me!

When he started looking for the knife I'd have nailed him. No way would I let him find it and stab my wife or I with it.

Quote Originally Posted by PNUT View Post
    When he started looking for the knife I'd have nailed him. No way would I let him find it and stab my wife or I with it.
    Are you talking about actually shooting him at that point or just hitting him?

Shooting someone in that situation would likely buy you some hard time in the pen.

Good luck with that situation. Let us know how it works out for you.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by PNUT View Post
    Are you talking about actually shooting him at that point or just hitting him?

Shooting someone in that situation would likely buy you some hard time in the pen.
    Not necessarily. There was a case in Salt Lake last year. A homeless guy as arguing with a CCW permit holder and said "I'm going to shoot you" and shoved his hand into his backpack. The fellow with the permit drew his gun and shot, killing the homeless guy. Homeless guy turned out not to have a firearm. The police and DA decided it was justifiable.

Quote Originally Posted by Blackeagle View Post
    Not necessarily. There was a case in Salt Lake last year. A homeless guy as arguing with a CCW permit holder and said "I'm going to shoot you" and shoved his hand into his backpack. The fellow with the permit drew his gun and shot, killing the homeless guy. Homeless guy turned out not to have a firearm. The police and DA decided it was justifiable.
    I'm glad he wasn't prosecuted... no doubt. It's tough enough when your decision comes in the blink of an eye.

But in a lot of places, I'd consider him more lucky than on real solid ground in his particular shooting case.

Thanks for the input and example Blackeagle!
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Links