You can tell their gun won't fire - Page 5

You can tell their gun won't fire

This is a discussion on You can tell their gun won't fire within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Janq I do know for a fact I would notice if the safety was activated or if the hammer was down on ...

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: You can tell their gun won't fire

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    I do know for a fact I would notice if the safety was activated or if the hammer was down on a 1911. I notice this in movies and TV all the time without even trying to find it. Reason being because I know the 1911 very well as that is all I own and have been training with for 7+ yrs. now.
    If someone's pointing a 1911 directly at you, how can you see the hammer?

MJK
    If someone points a weapon at me I will undoubtedly be in overload...tunnel vision, heart racing, lost fine motor skills, etc. That muzzle will be about 100 times larger than the loaded chamber indicator! My first thought is to create a window...toss my wallet on the ground to his strong side, step off line while drawing and stop the threat.

Shoot and then ask to speak to my Lawyer.

Being fairly new to firearms, I wouldn't be able to tell if there was a round chambered or not but have been taught that all firearms ARE considered loaded and ready to fire regardless of their state. With that said, if you were willing to gamble and trust your observation, I say draw and fire on that idiot. It was his stupidity to not be ready to use his weapon while brandishing. IF he gets any time for attempted robbery or whatever, he'll just have learned a valuable lesson...chamber the damn round...then point it at some victim using it correctly the next time, probably with deadly consequences. When questioned, plead ignorance, say 'I was afraid for my life', and lawyer up.

"I once knew a guy working security that shot a perp who grabbed the SO's shotgun out of his car during a scuffle. SO knew the shotgun was unloaded, shot him anyway. I don't think he mentioned that little tidbit to the police..."

The shotgun might not have been loaded, but then again, how many stories do we hear of someone firing THEIR OWN gun "by accident" because the didn't realize it was loaded? You never know when you might have made your first mistake in unloading a weapon.

Rule #1 All guns are always loaded. Or as most people say, treat all guns as if they are loaded.
    ~Coriantan~

"When seconds count, the police are only minutes away." * "Don't bring a knife to a gun fight."

To the original OP: the loaded chamber indicator on XD's have, on occassion, been know to break. This usually doesn't affect the function of the gun. Not something I would bet my life on.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Sponsored Links