Save your dog? - Page 4

Save your dog?

This is a discussion on Save your dog? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; If BG still alive, I'll drag BG out of my house chain and locked BG's foot to basketball pole. Leave a short note for LEO ...

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Save your dog?

If BG still alive, I'll drag BG out of my house chain and locked BG's foot to basketball pole. Leave a short note for LEO and take dog to vet.

Any LEO's out there? What would you do in that situation if you were dispatched?

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post

Thumper, Your not crazy, [at least about caring for your dog that is]...
    Thanks... I resemble that!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by fernset View Post
    Care to elaborate a bit?
    No, not too much.

Failure to render first aid to your victim, leaving the scene of a crime, obstruction of justice... all these kinds of issues and more could possibly have serious consequences legally then with the police or later in a civil suit. Not everyone understands loving a dog as much as a human.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

A BG breaking in and shooting my dog is a threat I would immediately eliminate before I did anything else.

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by ZachH View Post
    Any LEO's out there? What would you do in that situation if you were dispatched?
    That is an impossible question to answer completely, there are to many unknown factors in the given information. However, I think I would be understanding of rushing off to the vet, but being honest, it would leave me scratching my head a little bit too.

You'll probably be in no state of mind to be driving in the first place, and why would you leave an unsecured residence with a dead or wounded still there? Yeah, it would at least raise a few flags... but I get the hypothetical answers to the hypothetical question; I just don't think its all that realistic.
    "Just blame Sixto"

In no way is my dog more important than human life...even if that human is a scumbag at the moment. I am not going to deny the BG the chance at redemtion if my leaving meant he was more likely to die. I am not saying that I will give him mouth to mouth or anything like that I am just stating that although I love my dog he is not even close in importance to me to human life. My dog has no soul...when he dies he goes in the ground and stays there.

My dog is "like" family...it saving him causes me to spend one additional minute in jail, then that is time I am not there for my actual family. I am not trying to offend others about their love for their pets.
    Attached Images
    Pray for our nations leaders!

I'm sure there are all kinds of laws against it but I save the dog's life. I'll cross the legal bridge when I get to it if I have to. My dogs are part of my family, the creep is not. He can bleed there on the floor without me watching him. I'll of course call for an ambulance but he doesn't need me to watch him die. I am not required by law to do anything other than call for help which I will do immediately after the attack stops but he can die alone for all I care. What's the matter Nosights, haven't you heard that All Dogs Go To Heaven? (Don't get riled up, it's just a joke.)
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

I hope this is a joke!

Quote Originally Posted by FireAir7215 View Post
    If BG still alive, I'll drag BG out of my house chain and locked BG's foot to basketball pole. Leave a short note for LEO and take dog to vet.
    This would be the absolute worse thing you could do so I hope and will assume you are kidding.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

VIP Member
    In Idaho, you can use deadly force to protect property. A dog is property, so yes I would.
    21 years and 21 days, United States Marine Corps & NRA Life Member since 1972

"The trouble is with the increasingly widespread problem of idiots prancing around out there confusing their opinions with actual facts." peckman28

Following what happened in Katrina and subsequent review, companion animals do seem to be gaining ground towards being legally considered as members of the family.
    I still say my first call is to 911, SHORTLY thereafter the call would be to the neighbors to take my boy to the vet.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    "Save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword" - Gen. R. E. Lee

Quote Originally Posted by nosights View Post
    ........ I am not going to deny the BG the chance at redemtion if my leaving meant he was more likely to die. I am not saying that I will give him mouth to mouth or anything like that ..........

That BG came into your house knowing full well he would probably cause you and your family great harm. If you wanna redeem people (great idea, btw), then join mentoring groups and local churches. The time for "redemption" is before they enter my house looking to kill me and my family.

-
    'Be careful, even in small matters' - Miyamoto Musashi

Quote Originally Posted by havegunjoe View Post
    This would be the absolute worse thing you could do so I hope and will assume you are kidding.

Yes sir, it's a joke

My dog has no soul...when he dies he goes in the ground and stays there.
    Your dog has a soul as do all animals. When I die I will be reunited with all of my pets. I will protect my pets to the best of my ability.

Stay with dead BG or save my best friend?
    do I really need to answer this one.
    Two wrongs don't make a right but three lefts do

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Links