Four unarmed men - Page 2

Four unarmed men

This is a discussion on Four unarmed men within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by SIXTO Outside of the obvious answer, this is a time you really need to know your limitations, and the time that you ...

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by SIXTO View Post
    Outside of the obvious answer, this is a time you really need to know your limitations, and the time that you will really wish you had some real training.
    Four BG's all fighting and tangling with you nda your wife at unknown distances will make for some tough shots. Hopefully, the display and after the first one goes down will end the situation. If not, god help you if you have no real skill.

A very good point. Not just shooting skills either. Engagement prioritization in a multiple threat environment will be critical in determining the eventual outcome.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

I have to think even if they pulled guns, i'd rather die trying to keep my wife safe than to let them take her.

Quote Originally Posted by bps3040 View Post
    I am going to protect my wife. They will not get her in that van. Kidnapping is a crime even when they do not have guns.
    Preventing a forcible felony is means for deadly force in my book

In my opinion none of the men in the van should be able to get away. If you area going to shoot dont shoot to wound shoot to live.
    Sig P220R .45ACP
    Taurus PT92 9mm
    Rem 870 12ga.
    Bushmaster M-4 .223/5.56
    HK P2000 9mm
    Glock 31 .357

Quote Originally Posted by bps3040 View Post
    I am going to protect my wife. They will not get her in that van. Kidnapping is a crime even when they do not have guns.
    Bingo. ^^

Agreed with Dal1Celt and SIXTO too.
    Draw and engage taking easiest target first and working through them until they all stop or are down and stopped by force.
    As SIXTO noted a scenario such as this is when you will wish you had taken that extra course and gone to the range last week/month/year.

Agreed with others this is a no brainer. Even the law in MA would deem me not guilty.
    This is one of the reasons why we carry and this scenario is realistic for many folk in some areas of the country (major cities), and has been in times past such as those of the southern states.
    Also agreed with JAT40, I too think I would engage the driver with high priority so as to delay if not neutralize their ability to remove themselves from the scene with my wife in hand and pulled into their vehicle (van, car, whatever).

BTW even if the state I lived in were so crappy as to convict me of some crime, I would still do same and show nor have any remorse.
    Any state that would send a father to prison for defending his childrens mother from assault by kidnappers would be to my mind a state that is no longer a part of my United States of America.

- Janq

"Preventing a forcible felony is means for deadly force in my book" - Bprepared
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

VIP Member
    Unless they are extremely lucky they won't even touch the wife. Wife and I are too old to try and play the running game. 4 on 2, visible weapon or not, as far as I'm concerned I'm in a life threatening situation. My gun comes out and bodies drop until there aren't anymore or they turn tail and run.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Look at them and yell...you can have her :)))

Who comes up with these scenarios anyway??? Sounds like a movies...

Rick

me
    I like the taking out the driver Idea. I would not have initially thought about that but it makes perfect sense.

They Die she stays with me and lives.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

In Colorado, preventing a kidnapping is justification for use of deadly force, armed or not.

Shoot. Them.

Alot.

Reload.

4 v 2? Unarmed assailants is irrelevant.
    Magazine <> clip - know the difference

martyr is a fancy name for crappy fighter
    You have never lived until you have almost died. For those that have fought for it, life has a special flavor the protected will never know

Gee, could this be a situation where you might reach for that second magazine?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

I might shoot a few rounds off in the air to at least make it look like I tried to save her!

Har Har

I don't think they would get that close honestly once they say my gun come out. If they did not drop to the ground or run I would immediately ventilate them until they cooled down some.

Quote Originally Posted by Janq View Post
    Any state that would send a father to prison for defending his childrens mother from assault by kidnappers would be to my mind a state that is no longer a part of my United States of America.
    Couldn't agree more!

Senior Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JAT40 View Post
    If the driver is still in the van kill him first then disable vehicle ( grab keys, shoot out tires). See if rest of mob is still up for a fight now that they can't get away in van with your wife. Ventilate BGs as needed, they can't all hide behind the wife shield at the same time.
    So, you're going to shoot and kill the only one of the 4 who is not an immediate threat and who has not committed an overt act in furtherance of the violent felony you are trying to prevent?

Sounds like a quick path to prison to me.

Quote Originally Posted by me View Post
    I like the taking out the driver Idea. I would not have initially thought about that but it makes perfect sense.

They Die she stays with me and lives.
    Well, at least JAT40 will have a cell-mate to talk to.

Matt
    Battle Plan (n) - a list of things that aren't going to happen if you are attacked.
    Blame it on Sixto - now that is a viable plan.

Trick Question!!!!

Oh I get it!!! This is a trick question!!!

DONT SHOOT!

4 unarmed men cannot grab your wife, They have no arms!!!!

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Links