Four unarmed men - Page 8

Four unarmed men

This is a discussion on Four unarmed men within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; AS they run towards us, they will be warned to stay back...if no comprehendo, then the lead flies...did I mention that my wife is also ...

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678
    AS they run towards us, they will be warned to stay back...if no comprehendo, then the lead flies...did I mention that my wife is also armed?
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Distinguished Member Array pirate's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    I start to shoot at each one until they;

1. Are dead

2. They release my wife and retreat

3. Police arrive
    Or all three!
    When I leave the home port:
    S&W 642 Airweight, Ruger SP 101, Colt Detective Spec., CZ RAMI, Kahr PM9, Kahr CW40, S&W Model 10-7, Glock 30, 19, and 26, Browning Hi Power, CZ82, Colt Commander, Dan Wesson PM7, Ruger LCP

Equals four dead or seriously wonded men.
    It comes a time in your life when you run across someone you should have never @#$$% with. Allow me to introduce myself!

This is probably going to happen pretty fast.... I'm going to kill all of them!

My first priority is going to be those who are farthest from my wife at the time (less chance of hitting my wife)... or those closest to me depending on what I deem necessary in the heat of the moment.

Then I focus on the one(s) physically manhandling my wife. It will quite possibly at that point become a stand off/hostage type situation. Hopefully, as they see their compatriots getting killed they will see the kidnapping attempt a bust, and just flee. Hopefully my wife has the presence of mind, or ability to retrieve her own gun and shoot the one who's got her in the groin, ribcage or head, depending on how he has a grasp on her.

The driver of the van does not become an immediate priority unless they are close to actually placing my wife in the van, or he makes himself an immediate threat by producing a weapon or exits the vehicle. (I'm also under no illusion that the driver of the van may become lost to me due to me having tunnel vision and being focused on those outside the van moving around)

If I have to engage the driver though vehicle glass... it is better to shoot through side window glass as opposed to the windshield. First, hopefully the side window will be rolled down already because they may need to communicate with each other. If the window is rolled up, one shot through the glass will more than likely implode the entire window allowing for clean follow-up shots. Windshield glass is laminated with a plastic sheeting in the middle to hold the glass together making it harder to shoot through. Also as stated earlier, windshields usually have a sharp angle to them which aids in deflecting bullets.
    -Bark'n
    Semper Fi

"The gun is the great equalizer... For it is the gun, that allows the meek to repel the monsters; Whom are bigger, stronger and without conscience, prey on those who without one, would surely perish."

New here and my first post

I have always put myself between any family member or other lesser defendable person that is with me and any threat or possible threat. I think I would be aware that a vehicle was slowing down behind us and slide into that position. They would have to go past me to get her.
    As the van door opened I would hope that I recognised the threat and was ready, after the smoke cleared,

I would open my wallet and call 911 when they answered I would state, My Location, my name and discription, then say " I have been forced into stopping a situation using deadly force" "I need an ambulance for the perpertrators".

Then call my lawyer. and tell the police when they arrive "I was forced into stopping a situation using deadly force" and say nothing else until my lawyer arrived there or at the county jail.

Paul

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    This is probably going to happen pretty fast.... I'm going to kill all of them!

My first priority is going to be those who are farthest from my wife at the time (less chance of hitting my wife)... or those closest to me depending on what I deem necessary in the heat of the moment.

Then I focus on the one(s) physically manhandling my wife. It will quite possibly at that point become a stand off/hostage type situation. Hopefully, as they see their compatriots getting killed they will see the kidnapping attempt a bust, and just flee. Hopefully my wife has the presence of mind, or ability to retrieve her own gun and shoot the one who's got her in the groin, ribcage or head, depending on how he has a grasp on her.

The driver of the van does not become an immediate priority unless they are close to actually placing my wife in the van, or he makes himself an immediate threat by producing a weapon or exits the vehicle. (I'm also under no illusion that the driver of the van may become lost to me due to me having tunnel vision and being focused on those outside the van moving around)

If I have to engage the driver though vehicle glass... it is better to shoot through side window glass as opposed to the windshield. First, hopefully the side window will be rolled down already because they may need to communicate with each other. If the window is rolled up, one shot through the glass will more than likely implode the entire window allowing for clean follow-up shots. Windshield glass is laminated with a plastic sheeting in the middle to hold the glass together making it harder to shoot through. Also as stated earlier, windshields usually have a sharp angle to them which aids in deflecting bullets.
    awesome analysis! I think you present a very well thought out response to this hypothetical situation. There's a lot more to it than "bang, bang, bang, bang." as some others have asserted.

thanks
    When guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post

If I have to engage the driver though vehicle glass... it is better to shoot through side window glass as opposed to the windshield.
    Indeed - this is a good point. Windshields are hard to actually get shots through, and even if they do go through, they generally have lost much of their energy already.

Pretty much, unless you have 12ga slugs on hand as well as a shotgun, I wouldn't attempt a windshield shot unless you seriously had no choice at all.

We wouldn't get to the chase part of this scenario. My wife and I would both draw at the same time. Anyone wanting to "play" after that would get what they have coming to them.
    Be Safe,
    Chuck

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678

Links