Wichita Massacre

Wichita Massacre

This is a discussion on Wichita Massacre within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Many of you are probably familiar with the Wichita Massacre. Iím posting these links for the benefit of those that havenít heard the details, and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Wichita Massacre

JT [OP]

Wichita Massacre

Many of you are probably familiar with the Wichita Massacre. Iím posting these links for the benefit of those that havenít heard the details, and as a reminder for those of us that have. I have heard from a few people that this incident was what made them buy a gun, and train in self-defense. For me, it serves as a reminder to be vigilant in my awareness and training. I have read the story several times, and it never fails to have an extremely chilling affect on me.

WARNING : The first link contains graphic detail of what happened. I posted the second link that gives a more concise and less graphic account, in case anyone does not want to read the details. However, I would suggest reading the first article. I believe that the shocking details of the crime are very important in raising awareness. Sometimes we need to be shocked.

http://www.frontpagemag.com/Articles...le.asp?ID=1908

http://www.wichita-massacre.com/
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

Si vis pacem, para bellum

I was not familiar with the details. Good reminder. Thanks
    "May God be with you and may the devil be crushed underfoot as you march for peace on the skulls of our enemies, for goodwill, security and a quality of life that comes only with democracy, " - Ted Nugent

Senior Moderator
    That's kinda one of those thanks - I think.

Actually as sickening as such accounts are, we need to realize that's the way some people act and think. They are among us. We just never know if a violent person is going to try to enter our lives "up close and personal".

Lead Moderator
    I don't remember hearing about that. I sure hope these guys get what they deserve!
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

JT [OP]
    They got the death penalty. Hopefully it will be carried out one of these days.
    Blessed be the Lord my rock who trains my hands for war and my fingers for battle. Psalm 144:1

A famous case that points out for me the reason I carry. You just never know what is going to happen, or where. I figure if someone is pointing a gun at me, no matter what they may say, my life is in jeopardy and I will do what is necessary to protect myself.
    DEMOCRACY IS TWO WOLVES AND A LAMB VOTING ON WHAT TO HAVE FOR LUNCH. LIBERTY IS A WELL ARMED LAMB CONtestING THE VOTE.

Certified Instructor for Minnesota Carry Permit
    NRA Pistol and Personal Protection Insrtuctor
    Utah Permit Certified Instructor

Assistant Administrator
    Ahhh yes - I needed to read up on that and now recall all the details from many months ago.

The one outstanding aspect from this was to me and many others, the apparent compliance of the young folks - kneeling in order to be executed - not to mention as if needs said, being unarmed and so totally disadvantaged.

When things get that bad, despite folks probably ''hoping'' it will not go all the way - hell - surely if things are this heavy you FIGHT - you find some way yo retaliate even at risk of injury. No way just meekly aquiesce all the way thru. Chances are if all had exploded into retaliative action there just could have been a different outcome - easy to say I know.

None of that tho would probably have occurred had one or two of the kids been armed - they may have been injured but chances are high that the perp's would have been taken out.

It is a gruesome and shocking event - certainly one folks should know about.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

WOW!
    news to me. i musta been asleep when this all went down (in the media)

this simply stands to validate my (our) position(s) on self-defense and self reliance.
    had there been a shotgun in the closet they were crammed into the and people willing, in mindset, to use it and fight back things woulda surely turned out different.
    sad sad sad
    makes me think "the last 3 digits of 1911 are 911".
    if one doesnt work resort to the other....in no certain order.

and on a side note i think race had a LOT to do with this crime
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

Lead Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by JT
    They got the death penalty. Hopefully it will be carried out one of these days.
    Yea, that's the sad part. Usually they die of old age..............
    Rick

EOD - Initial success or total failure

Membership Revoked Array HappyGunner's Avatar
    This is the very type thing that got me moving around the Holidays to get moving and buy that Rem.870P shotgun.

Around my crime infested cowtown it's not if it's going to happen it's when that I can expect a bunch of thugs to attack my home.

It's happening to others and if people don't take the needed steps to defend themselves and family they are going to become victims.

Administrator
    I never knew the explicit details of that incident though the gist of the story (of course) was printed in our local paper. Terrible!
    I do not believe that this could be classed as a racial or hate crime. Sadistic, brutal, horrible, perverted, Yes, the BGs were true monsters.
    They would have done the same to any other human beings regardless of race. Just my opinion on that.
    This serves as a VERY WORTHWHILE REMINDER that total, humble, subservient compliance does not always mean that you will remain alive.
    Decide now (or soon)...how you will react if (God Forbid) you ever find yourself in an even remotely similar situation.

Lead Moderator
    Gotta wonder what is wrong with criminals. Good info for us all to keep in mind. The thought process of criminals is way diffrent than most people.

JT [OP]
    I think that this incident illustrates that there are things worse than dying. I would rather go down fighting. And I would definitely rather go down fighting than sit by and let this type of hell happen to my family.

Administrator

Plus 1 Jt

Really a STRONG +1 from me.
    There ARE worse things.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I was born and raised in Wichita and lived there until about 4 years ago.

I remember the whole affair ... pretty frightening time (on a side note I was robbed at gunpoint in the parking lot of the apartment building that the Carr brothers lived in ... by a young man who looked just like one of them ... I know it wasn't either one of them because they where both too young). The Carr brothers trial happened right after I left Wichita but the local media played the thing live on TV like the OJ trial.

I still suspect that part of the reason that BTK came out of retirement is because he couldn't stand his spotlight being taken by a couple of punk kids.

Quote Originally Posted by SOLOLUCKY
    WOW!
    news to me. i musta been asleep when this all went down (in the media)
    It was ignored by most of the mainstream media (I suspect its because it was clearly the climax of an anti-white hate crime spree and we aren't allowed to speak ill of black folk because apparently they are the only race on the planet that are completely incapable of racism ).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links