40-50 Kalamazoo teens beat cyclist unconscious - Page 3

40-50 Kalamazoo teens beat cyclist unconscious

This is a discussion on 40-50 Kalamazoo teens beat cyclist unconscious within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by cdwolf This is a case where a warning shot would be used. I would scream stop with my 12ga.!! No, it is ...

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Thread: 40-50 Kalamazoo teens beat cyclist unconscious

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    This is a case where a warning shot would be used. I would scream stop with my 12ga.!!
    No, it is not. Warning shots are never justified.

You are responsible for every bullet fired. Once it leaves the muzzle, you have no control over it, and you can be criminally liable for any damage or injury caused by your warning shot.

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

I would imagine that a warning shot fired into the ground would have the same notification effect as one, as it sounds you are assuming, fired into the air.

Obviously into the concrete probably wouldn't be a good idea, but if you were on dirt/grass into the ground seems reasonable.

I'm not trying to be confrontational, I don't even own a firearm yet, just throwing out another viewpoint.

Depending on the area where this is taking place, a shotgun blast, which cdwolf was talking about using, to a grassy surface is going to result in virtually zero chance of injury or damage to others or property.

One thing to consider. If there were truely 40 to 50 attackers, and you did open fire on a person, you run the risk of the person you shot saying they were trying to get the real attackers off the victim. With 40 to 50 people around, your not going to be able to take a shot at the ones that are doing the damage to the victim since they are being shielded by folks that can not possibly make contact with the victim.

So, what do you shoot at?
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post
    Depending on the area where this is taking place, a shotgun blast, which cdwolf was talking about using, to a grassy surface is going to result in virtually zero chance of injury or damage to others or property.
    Can you guarantee that?

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    Can you guarantee that?
    No more than one can guarrantee that shooting the attacker will not result in someone or something else being damaged. Everything has risks.

But based on my past experience in shooting the ground, the lead just stayed put.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch View Post
    No, it is not. Warning shots are never justified.

You are responsible for every bullet fired. Once it leaves the muzzle, you have no control over it, and you can be criminally liable for any damage or injury caused by your warning shot.
    Your right...but you have control of the muzzle

You are certainly entitled to your opinion...........
    There would be no faster way to stop 40+ teenagers from beating someone to death...
    In my opinion it would take a rare situation(in the area I travel)not to have a piece of dirt to put a round in...safely..
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by farronwolf View Post

But based on my past experience in shooting the ground, the lead just stayed put.
    But there's always that one time when it doesn't.

I'm not going to change yours or cdwolf's opinions, but for me, the risks involved with a warning shot far outweigh the benefits.

Go ahead and shoot. I won't, not even in this scenario.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

In Pontiac MI its bad like that as well. This past summer some teens beat two bums to death while they were sleeping behind a building. I have to travel back and forth through Pontiac at night because I work there. Due to stupid thugs like this I carry extra loaded Magazines in my car.
    Springfield XDm-40
    XDsc-40

Id like to fly...but my wings have been so denied!!!

I ride bikes....a lot. Probably my favorite thing to do in my spare time ever since I cruised my block on my Big Wheel.

It is a sickness, for which there is no cure.

It remains the ONLY time that I somtimes do not carry. It's just plain tough to do. Especially when in my case.
    If I'm riding around town or on relatively tame trails i can get away with carrying the little Kel-Tec .380 in a belly band. But, anything other than that is nearly always out of the question. Usually have a knife in my pocket, but still.

I feel kinda vulnerable riding around anymore.

add to the fact that my bike SCREAMS $$$$$$ and there is nothing I can do about it.
    I thoroughly disapprove of duels.
    If a man should challenge me, I would take him kindly and forgivingly by the hand
    and lead him to a quiet place and kill him.
    -Mark Twain

Sounds like they picked a weak victim which was known to them and unlikely to offer any resistance. This is just like beating up homeless people. Just some senseless stupid violence.

Now if I would end up in that situation: I hope I would be on a fast bike. You can't win. If you open fire: Then it was you who shot an unarmed teen without being provoked (yes... he got 40-50 witnesses that it was all you fault). If you don't shoot (and can't escape): Now you will not only get beaten up, but they will also get your gun.

On the other hand, I would expect them to disperse as soon as they hear a shot.
    I never considered a difference of opinion in politics, in religion, in philosophy, as cause for withdrawing from a friend. (Thomas Jefferson)

Kzoo is turning into another Flint, Detroit area. LOts of their finest scum locked up at the prison I work at. They just don't care. I would have shot at the lead attackers.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    40-50...something just doesn't add up...to take on one ole dude on a bike???

1) What was 40-50 doing at the time before...seems like a large crowd of teens?

2) Guy on bike rides by and they pounce??

Waiting to here the rest of the story...as for me, if I fear mine or my family's life is in danger, I don't care how many there are, I will take as many as I can down with me.

Rick

Im with alot of people here. Move tactically, Make sure all shots are on target. Im sure the majority will scatter if any are armed and they fire back you should have enough to take down those who fight back. Use what you have. If your in a car plow through the crowd then get out and open fire.

If they try to disarm me they will beat me with an empty gun that I promise.

Quote Originally Posted by bandit383 View Post
    40-50...something just doesn't add up...to take on one ole dude on a bike???

1) What was 40-50 doing at the time before...seems like a large crowd of teens?

2) Guy on bike rides by and they pounce??

Waiting to here the rest of the story...as for me, if I fear mine or my family's life is in danger, I don't care how many there are, I will take as many as I can down with me.

Rick
    Rick, That is the rest of the story......

The guy is mentally challenged, I unfortunatley live in downtown kalamazoo and normally the kids walk around in groups of 4 to 8 kids. But when two groups meet up or some fight happens somewhere, they are like cockroaches. They start coming from everywhere.

The victim regularly rides his bike in the area and last week it was 60 degrees so he took a ride and the little balls of hate were out after being kept inside all winter. They wanted to prove a point and they knew he wouldn't fight back because he was mentally unable to.

Last summer 2 groups met up outside of my house and started to yell at each other I first called the cops then went out and told them to leave my lawn. So they did after lighting off a few swear words, but they went across the street where two pre teen girls proceeded to fight another girl for god knows what.
    "The great object is, that every man be armed.... Every one who is able may have a gun."
    - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Over Actor View Post
    Im with alot of people here. Move tactically, Make sure all shots are on target. Im sure the majority will scatter if any are armed and they fire back you should have enough to take down those who fight back. Use what you have. If your in a car plow through the crowd then get out and open fire.

If they try to disarm me they will beat me with an empty gun that I promise.
    You guys all sound tough and though your logic is great............

YOUR GETTING ATTACKED BY 40-50 PEOPLE!

quit playing the "what if" games and realize that you would have no chance of moving tactically, and making sure all shots are on target. PLEASE...... that sounds so lame
    "The great object is, that every man be armed.... Every one who is able may have a gun."
    - Patrick Henry

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 1234567 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links