40-50 Kalamazoo teens beat cyclist unconscious

This is a discussion on 40-50 Kalamazoo teens beat cyclist unconscious within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by XD45Golfer Rick, That is the rest of the story...... The guy is mentally challenged, I unfortunatley live in downtown kalamazoo and normally ...

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: 40-50 Kalamazoo teens beat cyclist unconscious

Quote Originally Posted by XD45Golfer View Post
    Rick, That is the rest of the story......

The guy is mentally challenged, I unfortunatley live in downtown kalamazoo and normally the kids walk around in groups of 4 to 8 kids. But when two groups meet up or some fight happens somewhere, they are like cockroaches. They start coming from everywhere.

The victim regularly rides his bike in the area and last week it was 60 degrees so he took a ride and the little balls of hate were out after being kept inside all winter. They wanted to prove a point and they knew he wouldn't fight back because he was mentally unable to.

Last summer 2 groups met up outside of my house and started to yell at each other I first called the cops then went out and told them to leave my lawn. So they did after lighting off a few swear words, but they went across the street where two pre teen girls proceeded to fight another girl for god knows what.
    You must live on the north side?!?
    Better to die on your feet, than to live on your knees.

2. Remove Ads

southside...... somehow rivals of the northside? never understood that.

Hayes park area
    "The great object is, that every man be armed.... Every one who is able may have a gun."
    - Patrick Henry

Quote Originally Posted by Over Actor View Post
    Im with alot of people here. Move tactically, Make sure all shots are on target. Im sure the majority will scatter if any are armed and they fire back you should have enough to take down those who fight back. Use what you have. If your in a car plow through the crowd then get out and open fire.

If they try to disarm me they will beat me with an empty gun that I promise.

If you plow through the crowd,stop, get out, and open fire as you said, your going down legally multiple homicide style. Why on earth would stop near a crowd of people after you? That is escalation and possible instigation, horribly bad vocab words for us CC'ers. Leave those thoughts at home, this isn't hollywood.
    "I'd rather have one and not need it, than need one and not have it!"

Hayes Park and Clinton areas. Nice went to he** starting around 1990.
    Les Baer 45
    Sig Man
    N.R.A. Patron Life Member
    M.C.R.G.O.

If something like this happened in MN, and I tried to intervene with my gun, it'd get me a trip to the crowbar motel. There would be nothing at all that I could do.
    G17, G26

Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil...

Quote Originally Posted by packin45 View Post
    If something like this happened in MN, and I tried to intervene with my gun, it'd get me a trip to the crowbar motel. There would be nothing at all that I could do.
    That's just a stupid law!!!!!
    You have to watch a man being beaten to death
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

A group of 40 people are no longer under their own control like it was said before it is a pack. Like a pack of dogs,wolves. The pack has to be put down. Aim for the lead guy and watch the other hightail it out of there. There is no jury that could convict somebody for coming to the aid of another person who is being stomped and beaten half to death.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    That's just stupid!!!!!
    You have to watch a man being beaten to death

Wow that is harsh, we all have to make our own choices. In this instance no one is obligated to risk their life or fortune to protect someone they don't know.

Your choice to intervene if a fine choice and likely the choice I would make; but, I could not critisize someone for their choice to protect their own best interest.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    Wow that is harsh, we all have to make our own choices. In this instance no one is obligated to risk their life or fortune to protect someone they don't know.

Your choice to intervene if a fine choice and likely the choice I would make; but, I could not critisize someone for their choice to protect their own best interest.
    My bad. I should have been a little more clear. The Law is STUPID!
    We live in a time where there are laws preventing people from helping someone!
    When you see someone in dire need we have to ask ourselves ...can I help..
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Quote Originally Posted by cdwolf View Post
    My bad. I should have been a little more clear. The Law is STUPID!
    We live in a time where there are laws preventing people from helping someone!
    When you see someone in dire need we have to ask ourselves ...can I help..
    I did not realize that was your point, I missed that detail; anyway, that is incredible, does the law in MN really prevent an individual from using force to protect the life of another?
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by bbqgrill View Post
    I did not realize that was your point, I missed that detail; anyway, that is incredible, does the law in MN really prevent an individual from using force to protect the life of another?
    This whole thread got off line...... Let's all remember back to CCW training, if you are not directly threatened you have no right to use force. As soon as you draw on the pack of little balls of hate (for bbqgrill) you now have brought the threat attention to you and because you have caused yourself to be put in that situation as soon as you pull the trigger and "take out the lead guy" as some of you "swear" you'll do (which i still don't believe half of you, the internet is a great place to talk up your ego on what you MIGHT do), you have now committed murder and you are no better than them.

tough guys to take on a group of 50 people....... quit kidding yourselves
    "The great object is, that every man be armed.... Every one who is able may have a gun."
    - Patrick Henry

This whole thread got off line...... Let's all remember back to CCW training, if you are not directly threatened you have no right to use force.

Not so in Delaware, we can use lethal force to protect another; if we could have legally used lethal force to protect ourself, if we were the one being attacked. Interesting almost scary variation in state laws.

The scenario was; what would you do if you came upon the scene described in the OP. Michigan law may be different, but in Texas it is okay to use deadly force to protect a third party, you are not required to help, but it is within the law.

If I were to observe this scene I think first reporting it 911 then driving closer in my car but making sure that I wasn't boxed in. There would be a lot of rubberneckers that were watching the carnage and they all might scatter when they saw a witness. If some of the party approaches in a threatening manner the handgun would be drawn to the ready but not yet displayed. If yelling and informing that 911 has been called does no good and they continue approaching, disparity of numbers allows you to display your weapon. At this point they will likely scatter and hopefully leave the victim alone. But you never know. If it is a gang and you are on their turf, it could be more of a challenge. Gangs can be recognized if they are wearing colors (either red or blue bandannas or shirts, or matching jackets).

If I was on foot, I would probably only approach and engage if I had some avenue of escape. I would not be able to outrun them if my gun jammed or I ran out of ammo.

Since I am not in law enforcement it is not my job to enforce the laws but I want to help an obvious victim when I can, but my primary reason for carrying is to protect myself and family.

This whole thread got off line...... Let's all remember back to CCW training, if you are not directly threatened you have no right to use force. As soon as you draw on the pack of little balls of hate (for bbqgrill) you now have brought the threat attention to you and because you have caused yourself to be put in that situation as soon as you pull the trigger and "take out the lead guy" as some of you "swear" you'll do (which i still don't believe half of you, the internet is a great place to talk up your ego on what you MIGHT do), you have now committed murder and you are no better than them.

Sorry dude if that happened in Tx we are justified in coming to the aid of a third party and a pack of people stomping a guy is deadly force and I can use deadly force to stop the threat and I will first order them to stop and the next guy moves to strike will get shot.
    Anybody that would allow somebody to be killed in front of them when they have a means to intervene in my book is as bad as the criminals doing the attacking.And you wonder what is wrong with society today,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

I've done it with 20+, wearing a bright white shirt and no gun. Attitude goes a long way.

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Links