The day after you beat him up?

This is a discussion on The day after you beat him up? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Let's say you are in the parking lot and a bad guy assaults you. Because you had your flashlight/pepperspray in your hand you are successful ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: The day after you beat him up?

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar

Let's say you are in the parking lot and a bad guy assaults you. Because you had your flashlight/pepperspray in your hand you are successful in blinding/disorienting him for a moment, and you konk him on the head or knee him in the kidney or swipe the knee. He's down, and you're out of there. You call it in, of course, to prevent his accusing you of assaulting him. You give the report, but they can't find him.

Now what? I would be a bit concerned about the fellow being upset with you and looking for revenge. Or his pals might be, especially if this were a successful shoot instead of nonlethal.

Do you conduct your life as you usually do and return to that store as needed? Do you avoid that store? That section of town? That town? If so, for how long? What does into your decision-making?
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

If you did a good job the first time,he may not want a second time!
    If he was alone you might be OK, if he had witness peer pressure may have him looking for you.
    It's hard to live day to day in fear, be ready so you don't have to get ready!
    I wouldn't change my life for him. JMO
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    With professionals and sketch artists the police often have a hard time getting accutate complete descriptions. So, I wonder if the BG, in his disoriented state, would even be able to ID you as a target for revenge. Though, personally, I don't know what I would do; but, out of self preservation I would probably still avoid the general area of the incident.
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

I would avoid the area for a while - maybe as long as a month or two, if I could. Bad enough to have to face the BG once, let alone twice. Especially if he brought his homies with him the second time.
    "I pledge allegiance to the war banner of the united states of Totalitaria. And to the Republic, which no longer stands, several bankers, who are now god, indivisible, with Bernanke bucks and credit for all."

Quote Originally Posted by gilraen View Post
    I would avoid the area for a while - maybe as long as a month or two, if I could. Bad enough to have to face the BG once, let alone twice. Especially if he brought his homies with him the second time.
    I think I'm with gilraen on this one. I would definitely be very aware over the next weeks. Is it likely this scumbag will be looking for you for months or years? I doubt it. But, better safe than...
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

I would keep clear of the area for a few weeks and Load up with a 3rd magazine after that.

Quote Originally Posted by HITCH KING View Post
    I would keep clear of the area for a few weeks and Load up with a 3rd magazine after that.
    +1!
    Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    If you really need it, you will need it really fast. ALWAYS one in the chamber.
    Nuf said!

Now I know what he/she looks like, they better
    be looking out for me!
    "A lie gets halfway around the world before the truth has a chance to get its pants on."
    - Sir Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by ron8903 View Post
    be looking out for me!
    LOL..That's what I'm talking about!
    GUN CONTROL= I WANT TO BE THE ONE IN CONTROL OF THE GUN

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

be looking out for me!
    +1
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

be looking out for me!
    Amen brother. Your way is much better. If you see him again he gets a

I'd personally stay away for a week or two, if convenient. I wouldn't make majpr changes, but easier to stay away if it's all the same.
    "Do your duty in all things. You cannot do more, you should never wish to do less."
    "Save in defense of my native State, with the sincere hope that my poor services may never be needed, I hope I may never be called on to draw my sword" - Gen. R. E. Lee

Administrator
    I absolutely would at least temporarily change my routine.

While it is great to say: "I whooped him once & I can whoop him again."

Unfortunately you may not even be given that opportunity to confront that person Face To Face the second time.

Especially These Days...There are certain personality types that MUST get revenge if they have been disrespected, embarrassed, admonished, disciplined - whatever.
    They are incapable of letting any incident go until they feel vindicated and exact revenge.

If you go to the same location - there could be your former aggressor/adversary/bad guy....laying in wait - in his vehicle - way over yonder in the next parking lot - with his scoped hunting rifle cross-hairs fixed on the back of your head and you'll never hear the shot or know what hit you.

You could be a sitting duck.
    Liberty Over Tyranny Μολὼν λαβέ

I would probably have taken his drivers' license/other ID with me.

I would sit on the jerk after I got him down and call 911. By doing this the cops would know who he was and put him away for a while. If this was not the thugs first attempt he might go away for for a lot longer.
    Last edited by Tom G; February 13th, 2009 at 04:50 PM. Reason: spelling

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links