For Those That Have Drawn Their CCW

This is a discussion on For Those That Have Drawn Their CCW within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I'm interested in taking a poll for those of you that have drawn their weapon in defence of their life or those of others. Clarification ...

View Poll Results: For those of you that have drawn their CCW

Voters
64. You may not vote on this poll
  • It wasn't necessary, I overreacted.

5 7.81%
  • The presentation alone was enough to difuse the situation.

55 85.94%
  • I fired one or two shots.

2 3.13%
  • I fired multiple shots.

2 3.13%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: For Those That Have Drawn Their CCW

For Those That Have Drawn Their CCW

I'm interested in taking a poll for those of you that have drawn their weapon in defence of their life or those of others.

Clarification - If you are a LEO, only answer for when you have drawn your weapon not in the line of duty.

2. Remove Ads

This subject has allready been overdone here, You might want to check our Archives in the thread history. Welcome to you and good luck.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Quote Originally Posted by enigmaone View Post
    This subject has allready been overdone here, You might want to check our Archives in the thread history. Welcome to you and good luck.
    Thanks for the thump on the head. I feel welcomed.

Wasn't Picking on you , Sorry if your Ego was bruised This subject really has been overdone here I was just trying to be friendly.
    quis custodiet ipsos custodes?

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    Welcome, yes I did draw, Hometown Buffet 4 years ago. I documented it here. This is a great site and we get hot at times but sort of like family.

1943 - 2009
    We are currently discussing this topic, but without the poll.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...not-fired.html

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

The reason I posted this WITH the poll is to get an idea (statistically) of what happened after the weapon was drawn. I recently went to carrying a S&W 642 revolver. I really like this gun, but the big drawback I see is that I only have 5 rounds. I'm trying to determine if my worries are unfounded or if I need to seriously consider packing a speed loader or maybe carry my Kel-Tec P3AT also.

No, my ego is not bruised. I realize that things get hashed and rehashed multiple times on this board, but sometimes updated information is needed. Is that Taurus PT145 review from 2 years ago valid any more? What about all the updates and modifications that Taurus has made since then. New perspectives from new and old members are important as laws, society, ammo, guns and equipment changes.

I like the subject with the poll.

I think it will bring to light how much good just having the option of a sidearm does.

Without the loss of life a CCL holder can in a dire situation, use such presentation to prevent a crime, battery, or even murder.

I would take the poll, but you do not provide an answer for me. I drew my weapon, but didn't fire. My GSD alerted to something, or someone in the brush late at night when I was working on my car. Because I heard people walking, talking, I knew someone was in an area they should not be. I holstered my weapon after the GSD moved into a relaxed state. I moved back from the shadows and continued to work on the car. 4 kids walked by the house a few minutes later.
    Did I overreact. I don't think so. So, no poll answer for me.

RIA45 - Sorry the poll did'nt fit your response. Thanks for sharing your experience.

GL

Yes I drew my weapon and did not fire it. I had a vehicle in front of mine stop for no apparent reason late one night. The car sat idle for a few minutes and then both front doors opened and two men came towards me. My wife and I were the only ones in my vehicle, so I drew my pistol and had it pointing up to the roof by the steering wheel so that the two individuals could see the weapon and that it was not pointed at them. Whatever they had on their mind was quickly forgotten and they returned to their car and left. I reported the incident to the PD just in case they called in and said I was threatening them with a gun.

Nothing more ever happened about the incident.
    God bless our troops!

I drew my weapon the day I came home during lunch break from work, and found that my front door was unlocked...

I was pretty sure I had locked the door, but when I walked down the hall I noticed the window in the kitchen was open, and the screen was pushed-in and bent up! (This was January in Ohio!) at that point I didn't know if someone was in the house or not.. So I drew my weapon, and did a quick retreat to my van!

Locked the van doors, and called the police. They sent 2 policeman over to check out my house.. After the all clear.. The only thing we could figure was that whoever climbed in the window, most likely heard my 80+ pound lab start barking from the other room, and made a quick exit themselves!! (Good Boy!!!)

Nothing was taken but I did go through the house and check all the windows, and doors before I left!! Must have left the window unlocked!
    I wear a seatbelt, but I hope to never need it, I use smoke detectors in my house, but I hope to never need them, I carry life insurance, but I hope to never need it, I carry a weapon, but I hope to never need it.

Quote Originally Posted by gwlammers View Post
    RIA45 - Sorry the poll did'nt fit your response. Thanks for sharing your experience.

GL
    no problem. but you can add my account into your stats where you see fit. it's your poll. hope i helped you make a tally.

It was late at night, my girlfriend and I had just gone to bed upstairs, the dogs (2 boxers) were sleeping on their bed on the floor. All of a sudden the house alarm goes off......I grab the shotgun from under the bed and me and the dogs fly downstairs, I run through the kitchen and living room ,don't see anyone, I catch a flash of someone running past a side window, I 'm out the door running,me and the dogs. I'm butt naked,in the middle of winter chasing a guy down the street. He made it to a car and it took of, he had a driver. I ran my cold butt back to the house,got dressed,and had to get in my truck to round up the dogs. I was a lot younger than , in great shape,a body -builder and very fast. The guy that outran me grew wings...lol. I'm guessing that fear made him a track star.
    I'm glad that I didn't catch him. I wasn't thinking, just reacting. As a soldier I was trained to kill my enemy,so that's what I was looking to do.
    The guy had set off the alarm by pushing up on a window, it moved enough to go off,it wasn't even noticeable. The cops came out but there wasn't really anything they could do other than take a report.
    I also used to work as a bouncer at a very popular bar on Bourbon St in New Orleans. We closed usually around 5 a/m, at that time there are only predators and prey on Bourbon St. Right before I went to work there they were robbed after closing ,by 3 guys with AK47s wearing clown masks.So precautions were taken. My best friend was managing the place , I'd stay with him and we'd leave last after doing the paperwork and closing up. Many times there were shady characters hanging around by the font door that we left through. I carried a gym bag over my shoulder with my hand on the gun,ready to go. If I didn't like the vibe, as soon as I hit the front door they'd have a .45 stuck to their forehead ,and be told to get the hell up the street. Since no one ever really complained, I'm guessing that they were hanging around with bad intentions, hoping to catch us slipping.I never had to shoot anyone.

Interesting numbers. Look like they fit into about what Lott's surveys have found. Over 90% of the time, the display of a gun is enough to stop a BG.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links