Defensive Carry banner

It Can Happen Anywhere

1K views 9 replies 10 participants last post by  knifeone 
#1 ·
This morning there were deputies all over our neighborhood. This is not the hood, the houses start around $300k. Turns out a convict, out for about a week, tried to rob a landfill worker (crooks are stupid) about 2 miles from here. After a couple of hours of chasing and tracking with dogs, he was captured in the back yard 3 houses away.

Things can happen anywhere, anytime. Never let your guard down. The wife has increased the amount of places she carries and I almost have her convinced she needs to carry at home. Now the family understands a little better when I tell them to close the garage door, lock doors when they come in and other things.

York Co. landfill worker hurt during attempted robbery | The Herald - Rock Hill, SC

#2 ·
Friday, Feb. 20, 2009
York Co. landfill worker hurt during attempted robbery
By Jason Foster - The Herald

YORK -- A Rock Hill man was arrested Thursday after police say he assaulted an employee at a county landfill during an attempted robbery.

Ronald Charles, 25, was charged with attempted armed robbery and assault and battery with intent to kill after the 6 a.m. incident at the York County landfill on Public Works Road.

Authorities say Charles walked up behind the landfill employee as he was opening for the day and hit him in the head from behind, according to a York County Sheriff’s Office report. Charles also tried to take the employee’s wallet, the report states.
Quantcast

The 59-year-old employee got up to run to his truck and Charles ran away, according to the report.

The Sheriff’s Office’s K-9 unit tracked Charles to the Derby Downs subdivision, where he was arrested.

The landfill employee was taken to the hospital with minor injuries, the report states.
I like the fact they added the "with intent to kill" on the assault and battery charge.
We all know his lawyer will argue there was no intent to kill, but as far as I'm concerned, you strike someone in the head from behind, the intent was there. Hopefully they will keep the dirt bag locked away for a long time.

#4 ·
This is not the hood, the houses start around $300k.
Which is irrelevant, of course. Why? The criminal had a car and two legs.

Lesson, as you've seen: anytime, anywhere. "Hood" or "Hills," it doesn't matter, since criminals are mobile. So are pursuits.

#6 ·
Glad nothing bad happened with you and yours. This is definitely an opportunity for you to heighten the family's awareness and put an exclamation point on good defensive practices, as you mentioned.

#9 ·
I ageree bad things happen everywhere, the price of your home has no reflection on crime rate. Around me there are homes for 50K, but the crime rate is almost nothing, while in some areas 300K is the ghetto. No place is safe, as soon as you believe you are in a safe place is when you are likely to be a victim. Maybe this time they will keep him in jail.

NCH

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.