Golf clubs attack - Page 4

Golf clubs attack

This is a discussion on Golf clubs attack within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Jumping in a little late here in the discussion, but if I really felt imminently threatened by them, I would be backing up and preparing ...

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Golf clubs attack

Jumping in a little late here in the discussion, but if I really felt imminently threatened by them, I would be backing up and preparing to brandish and/or use my OC spray on them. That's why I carry it, for situations that aren't unequivocally at the threshold of deadly force. I'm saying this with the luxury of thinking about it in the abstract and not actually being there, but for me I like to think that I would have a much lower threshold to give somebody a face full of Fox Labs Mean Green than draw a gun if provoked.

Best to remove yourself from the situation:The headlines would read: "Angry man guns down children at golf course in front of son"

Quote Originally Posted by itowbigtruck View Post
    Just because you don't have a legal duty to retreat doesn't mean it isn't the right thing to do. Use your head first and your weapon as a LAST resort.

Also, You shouldn't draw to de-escalate. If I point that .45 at you, I have every intent to stop you.

+1.....That says it all!
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Sponsored Links