Golf clubs attack

Golf clubs attack

This is a discussion on Golf clubs attack within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Yesterday, My 9 years old son and I went to a place where people playing mini golf. For a while afterwards, we both happens overheard ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Golf clubs attack

Golf clubs attack

Yesterday, My 9 years old son and I went to a place where people playing mini golf. For a while afterwards, we both happens overheard there was couple of teenagers (appox. 14 - 16 yrs old) boys that were roughly playing around with golf clubs ( hitting on the grounds for no reasons, wide swing around, etc) Now and then they were talking out loud and cussing. I got real angry at them because my 9 years old son heard all of those cussing. Took my son away from them to other side of the golfing place. About 15 minutes later, I see couple of employee went up to those teenagers to sort things out ( I think someone made some complain against those teenagers) Seems didnt get it solved and they were still cussing out. I came up to them politely and told them to watch the language, childrens are around, no need to use kind of bad language. A boy told me if they could use my nuts and swing it. I told him if their parents are around that I need to talk with your behavior . They were trying to start the problem with me, they had their golf clubs up in the air fixing to attack with me. Finally people who were witnessed came up and report to manager. This guy, the manager told them that hes going to call the police if the teenagers dont leave. Teenagers got bad mouthing to manager and they threw golf clubs over the fence and left.
    I am not carry at this time because am waiting on CHL

Now, what would you do if your armed. Teenagers going to attack you with the golf clubs. Use your weapon ?

VIP Member
    If they were really trying to hit me and not just acting out heck yes!
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Dunno - a large teen with a hefty club, maybe. But if they're miniature golf clubs (I *think* they're lighter?) probably it would be better to take the first hit while dodging so as to make it very clear that you're reacting rather than getting crazy. Maybe grab the golf club, and clock the kid and his pal with it (or with fists)?

I carry a stick; I would block, jab twice, and take out a knee.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

VIP Member
    It comes out the FIRST time they START to swing. Even a putter is a deadly weapon when swung with force, also with my young son near, there would be no hesitation to draw my weapon.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sigmanluke View Post
    It comes out the FIRST time they START to swing. Even a putter is a deadly weapon when swung with force, also with my young son near, there would be no hesitation to draw my weapon.
    Good point. I had forgotten about the son. And I don't know much about putters.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

To be honest if I was armed and they came at me I
    would have just taken the hit. Sounds like some punk
    kids and I doubt they were out to do any real damage..
    most still know they will get in deep trouble even as a
    juvenile.

On a side note when I was kid I went to a putt putt range
    with some friends. The kid in front of me started swinging
    like he was Tiger Woods, as I was right behind him when the
    club came back it hit me in the throat. Boy..did that hurt.
    I think it hurt every time I swallowed for the next hour.

Clubs are dangerous

Yes I agree with you..Putter is a deadly weapon.

First of all I would of called the cops there is a law againstbeing a public nuisance or disorderly conduct,now if I ask them to chill on the swearing and they raise their clubs in a threatening manner ,even 1 hit in the right spot with a golf club can kill and I'm not taking the first hit to prove intent.They threaten with a club and I'm gonna back up and tell them to lower their club,If they don't and advance and i'm drawing and putting them on the ground til the cops get there.It may clean up their mouths a little
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Do one of yall ever felt about hestiate to draw a weapon towards minor ?

Quote Originally Posted by FireAir7215 View Post
    Do one of yall ever felt about hestiate to draw a weapon towards minor ?
    A 15 year old can killl just as quick as any else, just read the news.

That being said, I think you would have legal issues as you approached them instead of taking yourself and your son out of the situation.
    But, I would have approached them as well to try and quiet them or gotten Mgmt involved sooner.

Quote Originally Posted by ErikGr7 View Post
    To be honest if I was armed and they came at me I
    would have just taken the hit. Sounds like some punk
    kids and I doubt they were out to do any real damage..
    most still know they will get in deep trouble even as a
    juvenile.
    I have to disagree with that. Kids nowadays are different than they used to be. They will kill you in a heartbeat without even thinking about it. I work in a juvenile facility and I see kids come and go quite frequently who were arrested for assault. They are usually out within a few days. Kids don't think about consequences when they do something. One of the first things they told us in the class that I am in now is "Don't turn your back on a kid, they will kill you."

As far as the question the OP asked, if they come at me with a putter, that is considered a deadly weapon when used in that manner. If I am alone or with my children, it will be treated as such.
    Glock 27
    BENELLI NOVA

Quote Originally Posted by itowbigtruck View Post
    A 15 year old can killl just as quick as any else, just read the news.

That being said, I think you would have legal issues as you approached them instead of taking yourself and your son out of the situation.
    But, I would have approached them as well to try and quiet them or gotten Mgmt involved sooner.

Very true.

VIP Member
    Notice... I said DRAW my weapon. I would probably take a hit before firing my weapon. I don't want to kill a kid for swinging, but I will defend myself and my son if I have to.
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    I think I would take them on with my own golf clubs while the police were on the way...I'd only draw as an absolutely last resort or the disparity of numbers greatly favored the BGs.

Rick

Hard to tell but just swinging your cover garment so they could accidentally see your weapon would probably have them messing their pants.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links