Empty box

This is a discussion on Empty box within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by CDH Hate to be the spoil-sport here, but... A piece of trash in one's front yard isn't, by itself , anything to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Empty box

Quote Originally Posted by CDH View Post
    Hate to be the spoil-sport here, but...

A piece of trash in one's front yard isn't, by itself, anything to go into DefConRed over. C'mon, man, it's trash.

Would the reaction have been the same over a bubble gum wrapper?
    ... a Coke can?

I carry 24/7, but when I find a piece of trash in my front yard that the wind blew in, I just pull out my piece and blast it over into the next yard.

Well, no. Seriously, what I typically do is to... pick it up and throw it into a trash bag.
    I think the main thing here wasn't the fact it was trash,but the location and diatance from the street,criminals do stupid stuff and might of dropped a pack of cigarettes etc. while casing the house looking to break in.It's better to go with a hunch and check it out than to assume it must be just trash that blew in and walk into a burglary with your family.
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by dukalmighty View Post
    I think the main thing here wasn't the fact it was trash,but the location and diatance from the street,criminals do stupid stuff and might of dropped a pack of cigarettes etc. while casing the house looking to break in.It's better to go with a hunch and check it out than to assume it must be just trash that blew in and walk into a burglary with your family.
    agreed...if it was where I live now, I wouldn't think much of it. But if it was where I grew up, well...I'd freak out because we were over 100 yards away from the street. Depends on the situation of his property. Better to be a little paranoid and alive, than trusting and dead.
    Smith & Wesson M&P9cCrossbreed Supertuck
    Ruger LCP
    Nitecore EX10 R2
    SOG Access Card 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by CDH View Post
    Hate to be the spoil-sport here, but...

A piece of trash in one's front yard isn't, by itself, anything to go into DefConRed over. C'mon, man, it's trash.

Would the reaction have been the same over a bubble gum wrapper?
    ... a Coke can?

I carry 24/7, but when I find a piece of trash in my front yard that the wind blew in, I just pull out my piece and blast it over into the next yard.

Well, no. Seriously, what I typically do is to... pick it up and throw it into a trash bag.

One thing i forgot to mention, we got home that evening around 9:30PM... if it was day time no big deal, but since we got home at night then I figured I'd do what was best for my family..

If you go and read my story you will understand why I probably went this route.

Kind Regards,
    Read my story.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ed-1994-a.html

Pictures in page 5 & 6

Quote Originally Posted by Rugergirl View Post
    Good SA for noticing the cig pack.
    I might have set off my own car alarm just before calling 911 instead entering myself, while taking a position of cover and watching any exit points, and looking around for any vehicles that don't belong in the neighborhood.
    That's a good idea. Clearing a house, even your own, by yourself is never a good idea. Glad it worked out okay for you, though.
    Be Safe,
    Chuck

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links