What would you do?

This is a discussion on What would you do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Georgia, Floridia and Tennessee (I believe Tn, anyway) only passed "Stand Your Ground" legislation in recent years. Before that you were supposed to attempt retreat ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What would you do?

HKR
    Georgia, Floridia and Tennessee (I believe Tn, anyway) only passed "Stand Your Ground" legislation in recent years. Before that you were supposed to attempt retreat before you could use deadly force to protect yourself.

Georgia's law also gives you protection from criminal prosecution and civil liability actions as long as you are in a place legal to have the firearm and are not committing a crime when the shooting takes place.

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by CR2008 View Post
    And get shot or stabbed in the back no dought... IMHO those who write this sort of pig droppings are the biggest defenders of those who wish to do us harm... Maryland has the same "retreat" garbage... some guy has a gun in your house and kicked down your door, you better run first and hope you don't get shot before you are "cornered!"
    Yeah, but you're talking about a state where the MOB is cleaner than the politicians....yes I can say this... I grew up in Baltimore.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

yeah...whether the locale has "duty to retreat" laws is going to be the first thing on my mind when someone is shooting at me with a rifle...
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Quote Originally Posted by CR2008 View Post
    And get shot or stabbed in the back no dought... IMHO those who write this sort of pig droppings are the biggest defenders of those who wish to do us harm... Maryland has the same "retreat" garbage... some guy has a gun in your house and kicked down your door, you better run first and hope you don't get shot before you are "cornered!"
    Well put. My sentiments exactly.

Muk

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links