What would you do?

What would you do?

This is a discussion on What would you do? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Multiple deaths reported in Ala. shooting spree - Crime & courts- msnbc.com this happened Tuesday evening in AL over an approx 30 mile radius. what ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What would you do?

What would you do?

Multiple deaths reported in Ala. shooting spree - Crime & courts- msnbc.com

this happened Tuesday evening in AL over an approx 30 mile radius. what would you have done had you encountered this kind of situation? do you think better situational awareness by carrying citizens could have cut this rampage short?

VIP Member
    Take cover unless directly threatened.

If my family was wondering about in the city, I would call and find my family armed. If not, I would warn everyone I know.

CDH
    I would expect the AWB to be put on the front burner.

This is the kind of thing that the Left has been waiting for.

Quote Originally Posted by CDH View Post
    I would expect the AWB to be put on the front burner.

This is the kind of thing that the Left has been waiting for.
    Sad but oh so true...

Quote Originally Posted by tigerwoods View Post

this happened Tuesday evening in AL over an approx 30 mile radius. what would you have done had you encountered this kind of situation? do you think better situational awareness by carrying citizens could have cut this rampage short?
    That is not a fair question. Some states have a must retreat clause.

Here in Arizona we do not.

Muk

Quote Originally Posted by runamuk View Post

Here in Arizona we do not.

Muk

You are correct, I should have elaborated and requested what action would you take you felt necessary and within the statutes of the state you reside in.

Yes, AZ does not have a retreat clause.

Im curious for those in states that have retreat clauses, for example the situation in AL, if someone is on a public street and opens fire on you in your state, is that justification for use of deadly force? Or are you required by statute to retreat without firing back?

There was a report that one of the places that loser was shooting at had a few people who had firearms... and by time they drew their own guns the loser fleed.

IF I were in such a situation the very FIRST THING I would do is TAKE COVER.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Retreat Clause??????????????

Sounds like a stupid question, what is a retreat clause, must be something new because in all my years in LE I have not encountered this.
    Dave
    I carry a gun cause a cop is too heavy.

Get my family to a safe place and do my best to make sure that they stay safe.
    CCW: Never get killed for lack of shooting back!

CDH
    Quote Originally Posted by runamuk View Post

Muk
    Yea, what the...?

I've heard of "shall issue" and "stand your ground", but I have never heard of a "must retreat" clause.

Sure would like to hear more about what state has one of those.

Yea, what the...?

I've heard of "shall issue" and "stand your ground", but I have never heard of a "must retreat" clause.

I googled this -

"NY follows the "retreat" requirement: a person cannot claim self-defense if they did not "retreat to the wall" (first try to escape, unless cornered). There is an exception for a defender in his/her own residence: your home is your castle and you need not retreat out of it. The NY decision says that a person standing in the doorway of his apartment is not "in his castle" and must retreat."

Of Arms and the Law: Duty to retreat

Exclamation

Yea, what the...?

Before present MI castle law you had a legal duty to retreat unless you were in the home, or were unable to due to physical, or other limitations.

Thank God they fixed that, now it you can "stand your ground" any place you have a legal right to be, and in many such scenarios retreat could easily put you at great risk of injury or death. This guy would have been just as happy shooting you in the back as in the front...

But this still holds true in a great many states, when under attack you have a legal duty to retreat if at all possible.
    "The sword dose not cause the murder, and the maker of the sword dose not bear sin" Rabbi Solomon ben Isaac 11th century

I googled this -

"NY follows the "retreat" requirement: a person cannot claim self-defense if they did not "retreat to the wall" (first try to escape, unless cornered). There is an exception for a defender in his/her own residence: your home is your castle and you need not retreat out of it. The NY decision says that a person standing in the doorway of his apartment is not "in his castle" and must retreat."

Of Arms and the Law: Duty to retreat
    And get shot or stabbed in the back no dought... IMHO those who write this sort of pig droppings are the biggest defenders of those who wish to do us harm... Maryland has the same "retreat" garbage... some guy has a gun in your house and kicked down your door, you better run first and hope you don't get shot before you are "cornered!"
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

In N C you must retreat,unless the BG is using deadly force, in this case you are justified to use deadly force to protect yourself or others.
    Well You Boys Gonna Pull Them Pistols, Or Whistle Dixie.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Sponsored Links