Fake kidnapping? - Page 2

Fake kidnapping?

This is a discussion on Fake kidnapping? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by retsupt99 Fox News just ran a story about this today. It covered a new type of teen prank where teens pretend to ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Fake kidnapping?

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Fox News just ran a story about this today. It covered a new type of teen prank where teens pretend to be kidnapping someone (a friend...in on the joke) to get a rise from those around. They usually tape the incident and then put it on the iNet.

Some of the tapes shown looked obviously stupid, but some...where a girl is being kidnapped...could end up pretty badly if an armed citizen were nearby.

Could end up being a 'deadly day' for a prank.
    Just happened here locally at a small college...bunch of friends, wearing hoodies, gang tackled their classmate at the school parking lot, then threw him in the trunk and took off. A teacher saw it and called police. They pulled the security tapes and had an all points bulletin and local news, showing the tape.

A number of hours later...one of the "kidnappers" saw the news and confessed to his parents. I know the mother. They are concerned about reinbursement costs to the authorities.

Rick

2 guys went to a party some friends were at, and put on hoods over their heads and toy guns..... and went walking in telling everyone "this is a hold-up". The problem was that they person having the party didn't know them and was armed with a 1911-45 cal..... and pulled it when he had the drop on them.

No one got shot, but his comment was..... I was actually pulling the trigger when I realized their guns weren't real and stopped just in time before shooting them.

Quote Originally Posted by Bark'n View Post
    what are your real chances of being involved in a kidnapping?
    100%, if it's happening right then.

Observe and Follow The Rule of 3 Stupids

1) Avoid Stupid People
    2) Do Not Perform Stupid Acts
    3) Stay Out of Places of Stupidity
    Yup.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by Eagleks View Post
    2 guys went to a party some friends were at, and put on hoods over their heads and toy guns..... and went walking in telling everyone "this is a hold-up". The problem was that they person having the party didn't know them and was armed with a 1911-45 cal..... and pulled it when he had the drop on them.

No one got shot, but his comment was..... I was actually pulling the trigger when I realized their guns weren't real and stopped just in time before shooting them.
    This type of story and the others you guys mentioned are exactly what I am wondering about. People need to realize that their stupid actions like that could get ugly, but they are sheep so really don't know better most of the time. Good thing is, I only hang around my mature friends anymore, being only 23, those are sometimes hard to find though! I don't think I know anybody that would do something that stupid. This topic was just going around in my head so I thought I would bring it up on this site that is very helpful. Thanks guys
    I know what you're thinking, "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself...you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk? - Dirty Harry

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    The 'kidnapping' you witness could be bail recovery or any of several other actions that do not threaten your safety or the safety of others (if you feel you must protect strangers). The fake armed robbery however cannot be dismissed as non threatening.
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    Practical Jokes are against the law when the endanger others well being. Its in PA Statute atleast.

Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    Doesn't matter. Sorry your "friends" were so stupid... but kidnapping is certainly a forcible felony, and that is one area where even the police will tell you to fight back. Shoot.

And get new friends.
    I don't feel like I need to add anything to this.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    Fox News just ran a story about this today. It covered a new type of teen prank where teens pretend to be kidnapping someone (a friend...in on the joke) to get a rise from those around. They usually tape the incident and then put it on the iNet.

Some of the tapes shown looked obviously stupid, but some...where a girl is being kidnapped...could end up pretty badly if an armed citizen were nearby.

Could end up being a 'deadly day' for a prank.
    What would you do if you were the armed citizen (for all to answer)?

Quote Originally Posted by FreeDelivery View Post
    What would you do if you were the armed citizen (for all to answer)?
    If I don't know the person, I am not sure I would get mixed up in it and risk my own life. I would for SURE be on the phone with the police and giving them every detail I could about everything I saw.
    I know what you're thinking, "Did he fire six shots or only five?" Well, to tell you the truth, in all this excitement I kind of lost track myself...you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk? - Dirty Harry

Quote Originally Posted by paramedic70002 View Post
    The 'kidnapping' you witness could be bail recovery or any of several other actions that do not threaten your safety or the safety of others (if you feel you must protect strangers). The fake armed robbery however cannot be dismissed as non threatening.
    Depends a lot on the person being taken. A 16 year old girl probably doesnt have a warrant out for her arrest.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Sponsored Links