Weird situation .....

This is a discussion on Weird situation ..... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Thanks for all the responses. The thing that gave me the creeps was that all my dogs, 4, were put into our mud room. I ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Weird situation .....

Thanks for all the responses. The thing that gave me the creeps was that all my dogs, 4, were put into our mud room. I didn't hear any commotion in the back yard. None of the breeds are stranger-wary dogs, except for maybe the 2 min pins lol. What the heck would someone want to put all four of my dogs in my mudroom for? Unless the dogs found a way to put themselves in there. Nevada doesn't have the Castle Doctrine yet, its up for vote soon, I've already emailed all my reps about it.
    "People should not be afraid of their governments; governments should be afraid of their people".
    -- V for Vendetta

NRA Associate Member

2. Remove Ads

I would get my shotgun open the door and ask him if he would like to come in. ...Sorry couldn't help myself.

Quote Originally Posted by rottkeeper View Post
    Stay inside and call 911, you only open yourself up legally and for safety reasons if you leave the safety of your home.
    In Washington there is nothing illegal about drawing down on trespassers. I do it every chance I get and post signs promising I will do it to anyone trespassing
    Abort the Obamanation not the Constitution

Those who would, deny, require permit, license, certification, or authorization for me to bear arms are as vile, dangerous & evil as those who would molest, abuse, assault, rape or murder my family

It's more likely that the dogs figured out how to get into the mud room.Then one of them could have bumped the door and it closed or closed on it's own.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    I have a sign on my gate that reads:

Private Property
    No Tresspassing
    Tresspassers will be shot
    Survivors will be shot again

It sure makes people think twice before entering the yard.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

Quote Originally Posted by eddyb45 View Post
    Individual hopping wall would this be common for someone doing work in a related area?? cable/lawn care etc?? If you can see them do they appear to be suspious.. If so, make sure doors are looked, if you feel threatened call 911 and go into orange condition.
    DO NOT EXIT home to investigate.
    +1

I am The Cable Guy. I Do go into your yards to access My Utility and Equipment. It is my right And it is the LAW. I have respect for the homes and property and residents. So before you Sic your assault dog on me or draw down on me, Realize I may just be hooking up your neighbor and you just over reacted to a non threat. Proper evaluation And proper Action. The BG’s are not always after you. Sometimes I feel like I am the sales guy in the movie “Second Hand Lions”.

Quote Originally Posted by rcsnpr View Post
    +1

I am The Cable Guy. I Do go into your yards to access My Utility and Equipment. It is my right And it is the LAW. I have respect for the homes and property and residents. So before you Sic your assault dog on me or draw down on me, Realize I may just be hooking up your neighbor and you just over reacted to a non threat. Proper evaluation And proper Action. The BG’s are not always after you. Sometimes I feel like I am the sales guy in the movie “Second Hand Lions”.
    What breed is an ''assault'' dog? Is it the same as an ''assault'' weapon?
    Does an assault dog have a pistol grip and a high capacity mag? Just wondering as I hear this term too often.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

What breed is an ''assault'' dog? Is it the same as an ''assault'' weapon?
    Does an assault dog have a pistol grip and a high capacity mag? Just wondering as I hear this term too often.
    You hear it too often.... dang it! I thought I made it up. I see you own an "assault dog" by way of your avatar. I thought I made it up based on the Anti crowd labeling any gun that is Black, as an assault weapon. I am truly saddened that I was not the first to come up with it. Oh wait, I just had a glimmer of hope! Did you read it here in another post? Because I used it once before. Please say it was here.

You hear it too often.... dang it! I thought I made it up. I see you own an "assault dog" by way of your avatar. I thought I made it up based on the Anti crowd labeling any gun that is Black, as an assault weapon. I am truly saddened that I was not the first to come up with it. Oh wait, I just had a glimmer of hope! Did you read it here in another post? Because I used it once before. Please say it was here.
    I think I had a valid question to your statement but you want to take your response in a very different direction than I am willing to go.
    You seem to be egging on rather than responding to the questions.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

Stay inside and call 911, you only open yourself up legally and for safety reasons if you leave the safety of your home.
    not here inTexas you dont!
    EDC's Colt Defender 45 acp and S&W 442 .38
    Springfield XD 45 acp
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger Super RedHawk .44 mag
    mossberg 590 12 gauge tactical
    bushmaster AR15-M4

I think I had a valid question to your statement but you want to take your response in a very different direction than I am willing to go.
    You seem to be egging on rather than responding to the questions.
    Well I was just not trying to steal a thread. But if you insist. Here is a link for the definition (I personally like the Saturday night Special that are easy to conceal).
    Assault Dogs

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    Many of the posts in this thread quite understandably presuppose that the fellow is a bad guy. But in the attempt at humor or euphemism some verge on some pretty aggressive saber-rattling. All perfectly reasonable if it really is a bad guy, but Mr. Cableguy here has probably had dogs set on him before - and may have been drawn on - and could be understandably a bit sensitive to such remarks. Please consider his "assault dog" line in light of his possibly perceiving hostility to his legitimate activities. If I were reading this thread and imaging myself as a GG who jumped the fence, I would feel a bit put out being labeled and threatened as a bad guy.

Not to say an installer shouldn't try knocking on the neighbor's front door first or possibly ask the customer to phone the neighbor for him - I should think that regardless of one's legal right under easements and such one should also consider the perception of one's actions and take appropriate precautions. Wearing a tool belt, with ACME CABLE on the back of the shirt, ID card dangling around neck, coil of wire trailing back to neighbor's house (whether or not a wire needs to be trailing back to his house)... I'm just not real keen on putting myself at risk.

Or maybe just bring a trainee along as a helper...
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

Well I was just not trying to steal a thread. But if you insist. Here is a link for the definition (I personally like the Saturday night Special that are easy to conceal).
    Assault Dogs
    After going to that link and reading the irrational blather I can see the rabid fear mongering. Have a good day.

NRA Member

The assault dog letter was hilarious.

Rottkeeper,
    I guess you missed the joke.

Yes I did, I scanned it quick and shook my head. I wish you pulled my head out sooner.

Should have know when I saw the paw printing...

NRA Member

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links