Able vs Disabled

This is a discussion on Able vs Disabled within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I may have said this somewhere before, but let me relate my experiences with OC. I have used OC on many suspects while I was ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Able vs Disabled

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    I may have said this somewhere before, but let me relate my experiences with OC.

I have used OC on many suspects while I was a security officer. I have occasionally been the recipient of OC overspray.

Even a little bit is not fun, but doesn't take you out of the fight.

Of the suspects, all but one either fell to their knees with large amounts of tears and snot production, and respiratory compromise, or ran away with large amounts of tears and snot production, and respiratory compromise.

The only anomaly was this one gentleman who, after taking a good long hit in the face, shook his head and calmly said to me, "I;m going to the bathroom to wash my face." I said, "Yes Sir, it's right over there." Turns out this guy was a Marine Embassy Guard that was about to ship out to Japan for duty.

So, I have confidence that my OC will work in most cases. And, I have learned to wash my hands thoroughly after using the OC before I go to the restroom. Some areas are more sensitive than others...
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

2. Remove Ads

I have had my Left Hip replaced FIVE times, it dislocated one time and I was screwed until I got to the Hospital.
    I have had a botched Neck surgery and they will not operate anymore because of the HIGH Risk of being paralyzed, I have four 13 inch scars on my Right arm where they had to put plates and screws to keep my shattered arm together, I am also Blind in my Left Eye hmmmmm I think I fall under the disabled list and after the dislocation of my hip I will NOT tussle with anyone, I will walk away but if they persist then he will have problems.
    I talked to a Defense Attorney one time at a Hospital, we talked about Self Defense because he knew I had my CCW, I told him my health problems and he said MAN, I don't think you would ever have to worry about a Jury convicting you and he laughed.
    The area I live in, we are just a bunch of Hillbillies and we have a different outlook on things and even without the injuries a Self Defense shooting would sit well with our people.
    I hope I NEVER have to find out personally but the Drug dealers are starting to hang out in the local town so who knows?
    By the way, I love this site here

Distinguished Member Array Paymeister's Avatar
    DeathSmack, welcome to the group! Rough history you've described; glad you're still with us.
    Recently updated website: http://www.damagedphotorepair.com

you hang in there deathsmack, and welcome to the forun
    EDC's Colt Defender 45 acp and S&W 442 .38
    Springfield XD 45 acp
    Ruger SR9
    Ruger Super RedHawk .44 mag
    mossberg 590 12 gauge tactical
    bushmaster AR15-M4

Thanks guys
    I still try and do stuff like I was 21 and back in the Military, it is just now setting in that I can't do the same stuff I use to do.
    Pride is a good thing, sometimes

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Links