Defensive Carry banner

Simple Shoot - No Shoot Test Online

20K views 265 replies 248 participants last post by  tpG23 
#1 ·
Got this from another forum. Interesting play!

shooter001

My score/reaction...........

Your Score: 620
Average Reaction Time:
Black Armed: 710.2ms
Black Unarmed: 809.88ms
White Armed: 708.96ms
White Unarmed: 806ms

Keep in mind this is registering reaction times for both good AND bad guys.

#2 ·
Your Score: 540
Average reaction time:
Black Armed:809.36ms
Black Unarmed:904.68ms
White Armed:798ms
White Unarmed:895.48ms

interesting that it takes longer to determine that someone is 'unarmed'. I guess that is good... if someone is not armed it doesn't hurt to wait a bit longer to holster.

I am a bit slower then First Sgt., but the difference in armed/unarmed is pretty much the same :)

#4 ·
Ok that was fun but I hate the idea that gun = bad guy. Here is my score.

Game Over
Your Score: 565
Average reaction time:
Black Armed:651.76ms
Black Unarmed:788.8ms
White Armed:707.4ms
White Unarmed:740.48ms

Why do you suppose they include the black/white component of the evaluation? I am troubled by my score in that respect, I wonder is this a completely fair test, if it is fair I need to better understand my subconscious attitude.

Regards,

#7 ·
Why do they give you more points for shooting a bad guy than they do for not shooting a good guy? And how do we know the guy with the gun is not a law abiding citizen? How do we know that the guy with the book isnt going to use it as a weapon, or a diversion to approach and overtake you?

#166 ·
And how do we know the guy with the gun is not a law abiding citizen?
:yup:

That's why I failed.

I saw a bunch of Condition Red situations, but no USMC "Condition Black."

#8 ·
Game Over
Your Score: 625
Average reaction time:
Black Armed:717.12ms
Black Unarmed:810.04ms
White Armed:687.32ms
White Unarmed:777.04ms

I don't like the premise of the test. I don't know about you guys but I was not even looking at the race of the subjects... It was all I could do just to determine if they were holding a weapon or not.

These are the kind of tests which can easily skew the true facts of the situation.

#9 ·
Game Over
Your Score: 450
Average reaction time:
Black Armed:621.32ms
Black Unarmed:680.36ms
White Armed:597.4ms
White Unarmed:699.44ms

looks like I need some work....lol

#10 ·
Game Over
Your Score: 410
Average reaction time:
Black Armed:729.64ms
Black Unarmed:879.24ms
White Armed:778.32ms
White Unarmed:816.8ms

#13 ·
I think I'll skip. The site is hosted on the U of Chicago servers. I'm too paranoid, but I can see them using something like this for NAACP talking points about how white people shoot black people even in a game

#14 ·
Interesting game. I wish there were places where civilians could practice this with life-size laser guns and targets.

Is everyone posting their very first try at the game? I did. I would guess you could improve quite a bit the second or third time.

Your Score: 555
Average reaction time:
Black Armed:719.8ms
Black Unarmed:778.56ms
White Armed:744.6ms
White Unarmed:777.16ms

#16 ·
University of Chicago? Sounds like secret research ;)

Thanks for posting. It's loading right now so no results yet!

Interesting game. I wish there were places where civilians could practice this with life-size laser guns and targets.
That brings up an interesting point. I know there's a video of practicing against a knife attack, but it'd be interesting if someone made a few, good quality videos of some various scenarios, with simulated strike points (where you would be in real life, so that you know when you've been "hit") and someone can then practice at home, with their computer, drawing and "firing", or not, with their unloaded pistol or practice simulation gun like a bluegun or air pistol.

#15 ·
As we used to say in the Marine Corps.....

"Shoot 'em all. Let God sort 'em out"! :image035:

#17 ·
I guess this alright. Hard to see sometime if its a gun or not
Your Score: 500
Average reaction time:
Black Armed:672.04ms
Black Unarmed:744.64ms
White Armed:621.4ms
White Unarmed:700.2ms

#20 ·
Game Over
Your Score: 640
Average reaction time:
Black Armed:621.04ms
Black Unarmed:707.36ms
White Armed:642.36ms
White Unarmed:670.92ms

#22 ·
I stopped. The reaction keys are at either end of the keyboard, so considering most are right handed the results will be skewed towards shooting or faster decisions to shoot rather than holster. Also, even the people with guns are holding the guns in non-threatening manners/off to the side.

#23 ·
The test is based on some test I learned about last semester in a MGMT class. I can't remember what it is called, but it is based on people making decisions w/o consciously thinking about them. They are usually split into two opposing categories: black white, male female, republican democrat. It's a bunch of hippie psychology crap.

#25 ·
The test is based on some test I learned about last semester in a MGMT class. I can't remember what it is called, but it is based on people making decisions w/o consciously thinking about them. They are usually split into two opposing categories: black white, male female, republican democrat. It's a bunch of hippie psychology crap.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

#24 ·
Done:

Game Over
Your Score: 585
Average reaction time:
Black Armed:537.84ms
Black Unarmed:620.4ms
White Armed:570.48ms
White Unarmed:603.76ms

Not too shabby:comeandgetsome:

#27 ·
Game Over
Your Score: 725
Average reaction time:
Black Armed:611.4ms
Black Unarmed:708.24ms
White Armed:608.24ms
White Unarmed:697.48ms

I shot a good guy :twak:

It seems I shoot whites faster then I do blacks. But it takes me longer to figure out the black is not a threat. :confused:

#29 ·
Maybe I shot too many civilians, the cops just showed up at my house...:gah::gah::gah:

#46 ·
As intrusive as they are getting on the internet, that almost isn't funny.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.