Disasters and property defense? - Page 3

Disasters and property defense?

This is a discussion on Disasters and property defense? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Wait til go back inside for another load and steal their van. But seriously, call police, get good descriptions of BGs and vehicle. I have ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Disasters and property defense?

Senior Member Array Stirling XD's Avatar
    Wait til go back inside for another load and steal their van.

But seriously, call police, get good descriptions of BGs and vehicle. I have considered blocking their vehicle with mine, but then I might wind up having to repair my truck and replace my TV.

as noted in a disaster most likely 911 is not even an option more likely cell phones not an option either. I would get on the HAM Radio attempt a contact to the police or anyone in the area to assist and then go hunting; the comment about rotting bodies there are plenty of places to put those out of my house....

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac00 View Post
    I would bet, simply driving up the driveway will set the BG's to running. if they are actually stupid enough to stay, I would engage them with a verbal warning (with my hand on my gun) then THEY have a choice to make. They can either run, obey my commands or they can die right then and there.
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Quote Originally Posted by Jmac00 View Post
    I would bet, simply driving up the driveway will set the BG's to running. if they are actually stupid enough to stay, I would engage them with a verbal warning (with my hand on my gun) then THEY have a choice to make. They can either run, obey my commands or they can die right then and there.
    Just curious, but as it has not been specified by the OP, how many of the three looters burglarizing your home are armed?
    Infowars- Proving David Hannum right on a daily basis

As far as im concerned they are in my house commiting burglary. I would give fair warning to leave and if they tried to escalate the situation with force i would return the favor.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    Just curious, but as it has not been specified by the OP, how many of the three looters burglarizing your home are armed?

thats something that would have to be assessed at the time of engagement.

If they are really stupid enough to be armed, then you have no choice and they just gave you justification to use deadly force.

But if your smart about what your doing, I would give them an escape route. You have there vehicle tags number and you know what they look like.

Give them an "out" to minimize the threat to you or your family. If they run away without there vehicle, that means it's probably stolen to, you get to keep your stuff, and there stuff to. if they decide to fight, it's good bet they don't practice as much as me, so there are probably going to loose. they probably won't have as much ammo as me to, so thats another strike against them.

Of course these are a lot of assumptions. Your just going to have to make a judgment call at the time
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by paul34 View Post
    As far as shooting, Florida law does not allow me that, but I think in a real disaster scenario with widespread looting, it may be understood. But then again, "understood" doesn't translate very well in all courtrooms. Regardless, if they're in an attached garage, I personally consider that as my actual home and as such, I would consider it part of the "castle."
    very true on the understood part

Texans FYI...attached garage is considered part of the house
    LEO/CHL
    Certified Glock Armorer

"I got a touch of hangover bureaucrat, don't push me"
    --G.W. McClintock

Independence is declared; it must be maintained. Sam Houston-3/2/1836
    If loose gun laws are good for criminals why do criminals support gun control?

how about sneaking up to thier vehicle and disableing it? a couple flat tires come to mind. or see if the keys are still in it and take them. the bad guys might get away but it won't be with your stuff.
    Quando Omni Flunkus Moratati

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'm going to quickly pull up to their vehicle parked in my garage...it's not going to move out of the driveway. The wife is already on the phone to 911.

I will be trying to walk into my home and Mr. Kimber will point the way...these guys are already IN MY HOME...the garage is attached.

I hope that they just lay down as directed to do...if they should try to run at me or a weapon is visible things will get noisy, I will be forced to engage. I will not let someone, who is inside my home, have a second to think about what they want to do. I am willing to create a problem if it is problems they want.

I would not react this way out on the street, but my home is a different game...I will protect it with a vengeance.
    When I think about what brazen things thugs attempt to do to the elderly, to the weak, to the misinformed, to the general populaton...

The stuff they are taking is MY STUFF, in MY HOME...no one is leaving unless they go through me...I know that things may go badly, I understand that I may be held responsible for my actions...I accept that. I am 62 years old, fed up with the world's scumbag thieves...I refuse to be a victim...I will defend myself, my family, and my home.

There are many things I can walk away from out in my car, out in public, but when in my home, everything changes for me.

Stay armed...defense of one's home is important...stay safe!

Some day when I get to know you fellows better, I'll tell you how I really feel.
    +1...could not have put it better! Will be 61 in July, so guess I fall into the fed up with the world's scumbag thieves" category.
    Sometimes in life you have to stand your ground. It's a hard lesson to learn and even most adults don't get it, but in the end only I can be responsible for my life. If faced with any type of adversity, only I can overcome it. Waiting for someone else to take responsibility is a long fruitless wait.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    I'm going to quickly pull up to their vehicle parked in my garage...it's not going to move out of the driveway. The wife is already on the phone to 911.

I will be trying to walk into my home and Mr. Kimber will point the way...these guys are already IN MY HOME...the garage is attached.

I hope that they just lay down as directed to do...if they should try to run at me or a weapon is visible things will get noisy, I will be forced to engage. I will not let someone, who is inside my home, have a second to think about what they want to do. I am willing to create a problem if it is problems they want.

I would not react this way out on the street, but my home is a different game...I will protect it with a vengeance.
    When I think about what brazen things thugs attempt to do to the elderly, to the weak, to the misinformed, to the general populaton...

The stuff they are taking is MY STUFF, in MY HOME...no one is leaving unless they go through me...I know that things may go badly, I understand that I may be held responsible for my actions...I accept that. I am 62 years old, fed up with the world's scumbag thieves...I refuse to be a victim...I will defend myself, my family, and my home.

There are many things I can walk away from out in my car, out in public, but when in my home, everything changes for me.

Stay armed...defense of one's home is important...stay safe!

Some day when I get to know you fellows better, I'll tell you how I really feel.
    Amen.

Refuse to be a victim. I'll sign on that line.

When everything is at risk and it could take MONTHS to get insurance money, I'm taking action. There could be very limited rule of law at this point and with things still in chaos I'm not going to let a thug take everything from me.

Could you imagine a Katrina type event hitting several major cities in an area due to a natural disaster, terrorist attack, or economic crisis? I'm not goint to sit around and wait for help that's for sure.

If my wife and children where in the car I would observe from a safe distance. If I came back into town by myself I would call 911, park to block them in and hold them at gunpoint till the police arive. I would put my phone on speaker and stay on the line with 911 the whole time.-Jay
    "The price of freedom is the willingness to do sudden battle anywhere, any time and with utter recklessness." -Robert A. Heinlein

So living in Va, if garage is attached, its covered under castle doctrine, but if not attached its protecting "property"? I understand Va law to not use deadly force to protect property, unless under a physical threat to your life. I would at least draw low, command and hold until threatened myself. Besides thats where my 66 nova wagon sits and I am VERY protective of her, 2 cold winters on my back, on concrete fixing her up. Also, I am not 60+, but also fed up with scum!
    <-------------------Isnt she nice
    CHP holder. EDC G27. I support VCDL, so glad to have them fighting for my rights.

Administrator
    You cannot use deadly force to protect personal property in Pennsylvania.

Quote Originally Posted by QKShooter View Post
    You cannot use deadly force to protect personal property in Pennsylvania.

same in NY, In NY (when it comes to property) your first duty is to retreat and call Andy-of-Mayberry
    HAPPY NEW YEAR
    INFIDELS

Quote Originally Posted by mcp1810 View Post
    If cell phone service has been restored I would call the local constabulary and see if they had someone available to respond. If not, I would probably set up 100-200 yards out and engage with a rifle. It is not my job to try to take them into custody, and in this situation I am not that big on sportsmanship.
    Just what I was thinking. I know my rifle is with me in my bug out bag, so...

The problem with calling the police, is in that scenario, the reaction time will likely be measured in DAYS. I live in Florida, we have castle doctrine, they are looting and by Florida law have signed up for what they get. Having said that, the number of BG's would be my mitigating factor as well as who is with me.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Sponsored Links