Question scenario...

This is a discussion on Question scenario... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; A good reason not to say anything to investigators is that your body will be doing about 150 mph following the adrenaline dump. You won't ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Question scenario...

MJK
    A good reason not to say anything to investigators is that your body will be doing about 150 mph following the adrenaline dump. You won't remember the details, you had tunnel vision, etc. Your best option is to politely point at that you were the innocent victim of an unprovoked attack, want to file a complaint against the BG and talk to an attorney before saying anything more.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    Ask about Algol when you arrive, most restaurants have it.

In Georgia that changed some laws relating to carrying a firearm inside a restaurant such a place that offers beer etc, as long as you don't have a drink, you're fine.
    http://www.bloombergfightbackfund.com/
    Sig P220R/Sig P239 (9mm)/ S&W 640/ Ruger Single Six Hunter (.22LR/Mag)/ CZ 452 Varmint .22LR/ Lee Enfield No4 MK2 sporterized dated 1959/ Mosin Nagant M90-30 dated 1942/

Let your lawyer do the talking...
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Administrator
    Man up and take the hit for carrying where you were not supposed too... you are alive.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Move to Texas or someplace else that doesn't have silly laws, then you don't have to worry about it.

Other than that, I believe that during the investigation it will be found that you were in the restaurant. Whether you try to convince them or have your attorney try to convince them, that you went to your car and then armed yourself after eating and then got back out of the car and had an altercation resulting in your shooting someone is going to be a pretty hard sell.

Your more than likely going to get burned for having carried your gun into the restaurant. Just be prepared to deal with that aspect. It probably will be the lesser of your worries in your state.

I'm really glad most of your concerns are of little concern to me here.
    Just remember that shot placement is much more important with what you carry than how big a bang you get with each trigger pull.
    www.ddchl.com
    Texas CHL Instructor
    Texas Hunter Education Instructor
    NRA Instructor

Quote Originally Posted by Precision View Post
    call your lawyer and STHU to the cops.

Same thing you should do ANYTIME you use your firearm in self defense.
    exactly!
    "Being a predator isn't always comfortable but the only other option is to be prey. That is not an acceptable option." ~Phil Messina

If you carry in Condition 3, you have two empty chambers. One in the weapon...the other between your ears.

Matt K.

Missus Mac and I eat out often. Almost any place that isn't fast food or a family joint like Cracker Barrel serves booze. Sadly, in NC, I must disarm before entering if I want to be legal.

I was once caught off guard in a VA hotel lobby area while having breakfast and noted they had a bar that served alcohol at night in an adjacent room. All the bottles were locked up and no beer taps were visible as they only served bottled beers.

I felt I could make a case if need be, but finished my breakfast and left quickly. You do what you need to do.

One rule: if it's any type of eating estsablishment above a McDonald's or some AARP buffet, they likely serve alcohol.

Distinguished Member Array bandit383's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by wine6978 View Post
    If there is no 51% sign then why would you worry about it? Doesn't that mean that the company does not make more than 50% of their income on alcohol? So, you would be ok to carry in there? Atleast that is how I have read the law in TX!!!
    Come on guys...I just don't get it when one state trys to impart their knowledge of their state's law on another state's situation/scenario. It muddies the waters. He/She is Ohio...legitimate question. Do you have something to say about Ohio if you live in Texas about their laws? Disregard your state's laws...what would you do under the circumstances he/she outlined?

I'm with the talk to a lawyer crowd first.

Rick

I'd go to McD's and with all the cash that the nice restaurant saved me I would buy more ammo... If they don't allow my gun, they don't get my hard earned money.
    Duty, Honor, Country...MEDIC!!!
    ¡Cuánto duele crecer, cuan hondo es el dolor de alzarse en puntillas y observar con temblores de angustia, esa cosa tremenda, que es la vida del hombre! - René Marqués

Quote Originally Posted by nosights View Post
    If you "admit" to the LEO that you were carrying illegally, that could/would be used against you in court.

I would quickly finish my meal and leave.
    Make that CAN and WILL.
    "Don't be afraid to see what you see.
    -Ronald Reagan-

Michigan Law is simple: "28.425o.amended Premises on which carrying concealed weapon prohibited; “premises” defined; exceptions
    to subsection (1); violation; penalties.
    Sec. 5o. (1) Subject to subsection (4), an individual licensed under this act to carry a concealed pistol, or who is exempt from
    licensure under section 12a(1)(f), shall not carry a concealed pistol on the premises of any of the following:

A bar or tavern licensed under the Michigan liquor control code of 1998, 1998 PA 58, MCL 436.1101 to 436.2303, where
    the primary source of income of the business is the sale of alcoholic liquor by the glass and consumed on the premises."

Now if you are going to a Medium to High class restaurant that dose serve Alcohol you are fine as long as it is NOT THE PRIMARY SOURCE OF INCOME.....So going to TGI Fridays, Red Lobster you should be OK just do not drink with dinner.

Then with the given scenario If the restaurant dose NOT have a sign stating NO FIREARMS you would be in the right and perfectly legal.

Where is there a restaurant that isn't adorned externally with things like golden arches and inhabited by irritating clowns that doesn't serve alcohol?

You have to presume anything above fast food serves alcohol.
    If that is then against the law in OH, leave it in the car, or don't go.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by Dark Wolf View Post
    Michigan Law is simple: "28.425o.amended Premises on which carrying concealed weapon prohibited; “premises” defined; exceptions
    Sec. 5o. (1) Subject to subsection (4), an individual licensed under this act to carry a concealed pistol, or who is exempt from
    licensure under section 12a(1)(f), shall not carry a concealed pistol on the premises of any of the following:

A bar or tavern licensed under the Michigan liquor control code of 1998, 1998 PA 58, MCL 436.1101 to 436.2303, where
    the primary source of income of the business is the sale of alcoholic liquor by the glass and consumed on the premises."

Now if you are going to a Medium to High class restaurant that dose serve Alcohol you are fine as long as it is NOT THE PRIMARY SOURCE OF INCOME.....So going to TGI Fridays, Red Lobster you should be OK just do not drink with dinner.
    Thats really neato, but we are talking about Ohio.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Quote Originally Posted by cobrar97 View Post
    Here's a hypothetic situation I question:

Let's say you go with a loved-one to a new restuarant you've never been to before...and your carry (as usual). It's a nicer resturant known that's nicer than average. Upon arrival, there is no gun-prohibited signs, no alcohol advertising signs, and no bar that you know of.

You go in, and there is no evidenace of alcohol at all. You are 3/4 way through your meal and you see a waiter walk buy with a beer to serve someone. You NOW know they servce alcohol.

Of course, most people aren't going to jump up and go to the car to stash their piece. So you simply finish your meal, pay, and leave.

In the parking lot, you are assault by someone for some unknown reason, but it becomes a SHTF situation and you kill or injure someone.

The police come and want the story. The shooting occured in a parking lot and was justified...but if you say you were walking from the resturant, it will be known you had a weapon in an alcohol-serving facility...and that's a violation. You can't say you saw trouble and went to you vehicle for a gun, because not only is that a lie, but that shows you may have had time to get away if you had time to get a gun from your car.

Some people may say...you should have taken your weapon to the car as soon as you saw alcohol in the restuarant. If that's the stance, then say the assault happened as you were taking the gun to the car then.

Hmmmm???
    "SIXTO

Quote: Originally Posted by Dark Wolf

Thats really neato, but we are talking about Ohio."

Ok Show me where in the Original post he said anything about being in OHIO....

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links