Stupid kids (real)

This is a discussion on Stupid kids (real) within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My aunt was home alone when something crashed into her front door. It scared her so she called the police who came, found nothing and ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stupid kids (real)

Stupid kids (real)

My aunt was home alone when something crashed into her front door. It scared her so she called the police who came, found nothing and left. The crash happened again an hour or so later - same routine with the police.

The third time, she was pretty freaked out and called her neighbor across the street. Turns out that the neighbors son was having a party and the kids were having fun 'door crashing' - a variation of ring the doorbell and run away.

I guess the kids were forced by their mom to visit and apologize that night. They put two and two together when my aunt answered the door with a shotgun. Had one of them actually broken down the door, they would have been perforated, so to speak.

2. Remove Ads

Glad nobody got hurt. My friends have told me stories about how they would get drunk and go "door crashing" as you say. I voiced to them very strongly that they are probably very likely to get shot or get a bat to the face doing something so stupid. Went on to say the first thing I would grab when hearing something like this is my shotgun. They just laughed at me and said I was just a paranoid freek. Oh well, I tried but apparently the rule applies... ya can't fix stupid.
    AT3 (O-Level) United States Navy - NRA Life Member
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

Totally stupid thing do. May just end up shot or worse, like that trick or treater kid a few years back that went to the wrong house doing the wrong thing and was meet by a gun holding home owner. Teens do MANY stupid things, thinking it is funny and they are invincible.

VIP Member
    I would have been out with a gun long before the third time, but then again, she is probably slower than me
    "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time with the blood of patriots and tyrants."
    Thomas Jefferson

On top of that I would add a destruction of property charge and force them to replace my entire door/frame/ the works for an extra 10 years worth of abuse it just took all in one night.
    "My God David, We're a Civilized society."

"Sure, As long as the machines are workin' and you can call 911. But you take those things away, you throw people in the dark, and you scare the **** out of them; no more rules...You'll see how primitive they can get."
    -The Mist (2007)

Some teenagers will always push the envelope of stupidity.
    "The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

"The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth." - Stonewall Jackson

Quote Originally Posted by oldnonry View Post
    Some teenagers will always push the envelope of stupidity.
    Often far into adulthood.
    AT3 (O-Level) United States Navy - NRA Life Member
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

After the second time I'd reinforce the door, and drive the longest nails that I could through the door. That way they get stuck and cant run away.
    Note: This post may contain misspellings, grammatical errors, disorganized sentence structure, or may entirely lack a coherent theme. These elements are natural to the process of writing, and will only add to the overall beauty of the post.

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    After the second time I'd reinforce the door, and drive the longest nails that I could through the door. That way they get stuck and cant run away.

hahaha

Quote Originally Posted by jbone View Post
    Here's some music to play while they "hang around"
    YouTube - lionel richie - Stuck On You - Back To Front
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

I would have waited by the door...and as they came to crash it... open it real quick...

Or maybe gone and buttered the front step...
    "carrying a gun is a lot lighter than carrying a cop in your pocket" -MrTwice99

Distinguished Member
    Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    Totally stupid thing do. May just end up shot or worse, like that trick or treater kid a few years back that went to the wrong house doing the wrong thing and was meet by a gun holding home owner. Teens do MANY stupid things, thinking it is funny and they are invincible.
    You may not be including the case in your characterization of "stupid", but if you're thinking of the Japanese exchange student, there's good info on Wikipedia.
    Salient facts are that Yoshi, a 16-year-old, 130-pound boy, was not wearing a mask or sneaking around or crashing doors but he (with his American sponsor) rang the front doorbell. His death was a tragedy probably owing to a language and culture barrier more than anything. The Baton Rouge homeowner, Peairs, a 6-foot-2, well-armed man was remorseful and was eventually acquited under Louisiana's "Kill the Burglar" statute but was found liable in civil court for $650K. The civil judge found "no justification whatsoever" for Yoshi's killing.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

That man murdered that kid in Baton Rouge. He probably had connections or money changed hands. That's how it worked in Louisiana, probably still does.Pathetic but true.

Quote Originally Posted by sass20485 View Post
    I thought he ment this story.
    Kid Killed While Trick-or-Treating - Central Florida News 13

SUMTER, S.C. (AP) -- Police in South Carolina said a 12-year-old trick-or-treater was killed when a convicted felon fearing a robbery fired nearly 30 rounds with an assault rifle from inside a house.

Sumter Police Chief Patty Patterson said T.J. Darrisaw died Friday evening after being shot multiple times. His father and 9-year-old brother were also shot, but were treated and released.

Quentin Patrick was charged with murder and assault and battery with intent to kill. Police said the 22-year-old ex-convict told them he'd been robbed and shot in the past.

Police said T.J.'s family attended a Halloween celebration in downtown Sumter, 45 miles east of Columbia, then stopped at Patrick's house because the porch light was on. Two other siblings were with them, but weren't hurt.

But I like the one about the nails in the door best.
    jbone Said.. After the second time I'd reinforce the door, and drive the longest nails that I could through the door. That way they get stuck and cant run away.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PNUT View Post
    That man murdered that kid in Baton Rouge. He probably had connections or money changed hands. That's how it worked in Louisiana, probably still does.Pathetic but true.
    This shooting, like others, was a tragic mistake. Rodney Peairs was given the appropriate charge of manslaughter, what happened didn't fit the definition of murder as you stated. He was acquitted of manslaughter in a criminal trial by a jury. I doubt if this "grocery store employee" had the money or connections to sway a jury, and I doubt if he'd attempted it anyway. Yes, apparently money did change hands though, Rodney Peairs lost a civil trial to the sum of $650K. I'd never suggest that Yoshi's parents (from Japan) had connections or paid off someone to win this civil trial.

Questionable shootings don't just happen in Louisiana.

In Michigan:
    Coincidentally, a similar Halloween-related shooting took place within two weeks of the Hattori slaying, but with slightly different results. In Grand Haven, Michigan, a homeowner named Todd Vriesenga shot a teenager through a window set in his front door. Vriesenga was tried in March on charges of open manslaughter and faced a maximum of 17 years in prison. After a six-day trial, the jury discarded the maslaughter charge and convicted Vriesenga of a misdemeanor, the reckless use of a firearm resulting in death.

In Texas:
    Joe Horn, 62, shot the men on Nov. 14 after he called authorities and declared his intention to open fire on the suspects with his 12-gauge shotgun.

The 911 audiotape captured multiple warnings by the dispatcher, asking Horn to stay inside and telling him that "property's not worth killing someone over." However, Horn grew agitated because the men looked to be getting away before police arrived. As the tape rolled, Horn went outside, shouted "Move, you're dead!" and fired his weapon.

Many defense lawyers had predicted that a grand jury indictment would be unlikely in Texas, where many citizens strongly believe in their right to fire weapons in defense of home and property.

"This office will continue to aggressively prosecute anyone who illegally engages in the use of force, deadly or otherwise, against another," Magidson said in a statement. "In this case, however, the grand jury concluded that Mr. Horn's use of deadly force did not rise to a criminal offense."

In Tennessee:
    No charges for trucker who shot, killed burglar

By Don Jacobs - KnoxNews
    Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Prosecutors opted against filing charges against a trucker who fatally shot a burglar entering the trucker’s parked rig in West Knox County.

“Our recommendation is not to charge that gentleman,” said John Gill, special counsel to Knox County District Attorney General Randy Nichols.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links