In the WalMart parking lot.

This is a discussion on In the WalMart parking lot. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Last month the son and I headed to WallyWorld as the son needed some school supplies at the last minute. It is about 20:30 when ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: In the WalMart parking lot.

Last month the son and I headed to WallyWorld as the son needed some school supplies at the last minute. It is about 20:30 when we arrive. We leave the store and as usual I scan the surrounding area. I always park out in the south forty at large parking lots to keep the doorbangers from banging my doors. I look to my left and see an adult male looking around the parking lot like he is searching for a victim to prey upon. The son and I are about 50 yards from the truck. I get eye contact with this guy that is 75 yards from us and he has a steely eyed stare and heads straight for us eyes glued on me and walking VERY fast. He gets about 50 yds from me and I stop turn and look him in the eye and he stops. It is like something grabbed him. He stops and looks at me and them just as fast truns around and slowly walks back towards where he had first spotted us. I am so glad that I had the XD45 Tact on me.

We get into the truck and my son asks, what was that about?
    Keep your powder dry

He must of saw it written on your face that you were ready to use deadly force to defend your son and yourself. Very happy you didn't have to and that everything turned out okay. Wal-Mart has always been a sketchy place in my books. Lots of creepers hanging about.
    AT3 (O-Level) United States Navy - NRA Life Member
    "Molan labe! Just try... I'll show you the strength of my conviction... and I'll sleep well that night..."

That was me

Quote Originally Posted by Hotbrass View Post
    Last month the son and I headed to WallyWorld as the son needed some school supplies at the last minute. It is about 20:30 when we arrive. We leave the store and as usual I scan the surrounding area. I always park out in the south forty at large parking lots to keep the doorbangers from banging my doors. I look to my left and see an adult male looking around the parking lot like he is searching for a victim to prey upon. The son and I are about 50 yards from the truck. I get eye contact with this guy that is 75 yards from us and he has a steely eyed stare and heads straight for us eyes glued on me and walking VERY fast. He gets about 50 yds from me and I stop turn and look him in the eye and he stops. It is like something grabbed him. He stops and looks at me and them just as fast truns around and slowly walks back towards where he had first spotted us. I am so glad that I had the XD45 Tact on me.

We get into the truck and my son asks, what was that about?
    That was me, I forgot where I parked. I have CRS (Can't Remember Squat). I got halfway to the end of the lot and realized I parked closer and two rows over. I am at Walmart so much all the parking spaces start to look alike.

Just kidding, sounds like he could tell by your posture that you were not to be messed with! They say criminals learn to read body language.
    Last edited by Miggy; March 27th, 2009 at 09:46 AM. Reason: Language Workaround

At 75 yards you could see his eyes and noticed that he had a steely eyed stare and while walking straight at you he had his eyes glued on you. Then at about 50 yds you stop turn and look him in the eye and he stops, all at 8 pm probably in the dark or at least twilight? Man I got to get my eyes checked.

No harm intended with the post I am just saying.

More people should have that attitude and take that posture. Too many would run scared. My wife tells me that I am a bully with thug-like young men, but they just amuse me when they masquerade as tough guys.

(my weakness, I am working on getting better for her)

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    More people should have that attitude and take that posture. Too many would run scared. My wife tells me that I am a bully with thug-like young men, but they just amuse me when they masquerade as tough guys.

(my weakness, I am working on getting better for her)
    I to get accused of this by my wife and I am also trying to correct my bully ways.

Years ago when I was still breeding pit bulldogs, a friend stopped by with his doberman in the truck with him. My buddy hopped out and started walking up to the house and the dobie took off down through the yard straight to a 50 pound ball of dynamite named Honey. He looks around and says "Oh No, Bobo loves to fight!" Well Bobo got to about 15 feet from Honeys cable run. He was stalking up to her like a cat, she was standing frozen staring a hole through him. They stare at each other for about 20 seconds, Bobo then howls, spins around and runs like a rabbit back to the truck and safety. Sounds like this is what happened here as well

Cowards do not like confrontation.
    They do, however like domination.
    Square off and give em a good stare down, and they know they can't dominate you.

You did good.
    It’s so much easier now days, to "Love and honor" my wife, when she is armed, and shoots a better group than I do. (Till death do us part, eh?)

“The way you get shot by a concealed weapons permit holder is, you point a gun at him,” the Sheriff said.

Want to go the the thug and dirtbag zoo? Drive through a WW parking lot.

To the OP...

Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

+1 with Omega's post. The BGs know when they no longer have a target.
    Expecting a carjacker or rapist or drug pusher to care that his possession or use of a gun is unlawful is like expecting a terrorist to care that his car bomb is taking up two parking spaces.-Joseph T. Chew

Senior Member Array threefeathers's Avatar
    One of the most dangerous places in the world is a parking lot of a major store or Mall. Think OODA loop all the time.

Late one night I had the exact same thing happen with 2 guys approaching me. I stopped like you and gave them a look..... and they did the same thing... leaving rather quickly.

My hand was back by my wallet as they got close, I swear, it was by my wallet.... that's my story & I'm sticking to it.

Of course, my gun is right next to my wallet.

The "icy stare" technique can deter alot of BGs. Of course, I prefer the "icy stare" combined with the "strong hand resting upon concealed holster" technique.

KEEP WATCHING! STAY VIGILANT!

"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government" - Thomas Jefferson

"The patriot volunteer, fighting for country and his rights, makes the most reliable soldier on earth." - Stonewall Jackson

Thumbs up

Save a Greyhound. Adopt one.

Sometimes you guys sound a bit paranoid to me lol. "O my god, someone was walking in my direction and i got ready to draw my weapon and he left" lol.
    Just sounds funny to me. 50 yds is a long ways man.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links