Punks at the 7 Eleven

This is a discussion on Punks at the 7 Eleven within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I took a late night trip to a 7 Eleven after a party at my house. It was about 3am, and a gal I was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Punks at the 7 Eleven

Punks at the 7 Eleven

I took a late night trip to a 7 Eleven after a party at my house. It was about 3am, and a gal I was with was driving. When we pulled into the convenience store there were three 20-something year old males, obviously intoxicated. As we walk into the store, I hear the ring leader saying some derogatory things about the [Edited] from Baltimore" and what he felt about his home town's females. They weren't causing too much of a ruckus, so I just made sure they didn't move while I walked inside. On the way out, they are more rowdy. Their car is the only other vehicle in the parking lot, right in front of the door, and we are about 3 spots over to their left. The king-moron started kicking and punching the trashcan until it fell over and saying some nonsensical things, so I told the girl I was with to sit tight so I could make sure that was all they were going to do. The store owner starts to come out, as they deny doing anything. He asks them to leave. This is when the ring leader starts to tug on the chest of his shirt, pounding his chest, and saying something about jumping the store owner (I'm listening through a closed window). They seem oblivious that I haven't left, that I'm intently watching the situation, and have a cell phone in my hand (the shop keep knows I'm there though). When one of the smarter morons says they need to leave, they hop in the car as we pull out. By this time I'm on the phone with the county, trying to be a good witness. By the time the operator could get my location they had already gone a different direction so I'm sure they gave up on the call. All I could say was "three males, two African-American, one probably Hispanic, silver Toyota, first digits kilo foxtrot golf, heading SB on ******* Rd." I didn't consider drawing, but it was nice to hear everyone on DC's boards whispering "Be a good witness" in my ear the whole time. Thanks guys.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; May 13th, 2009 at 12:53 AM. Reason: Language workaround.

2. Remove Ads

Good job but I'd advise you to steer clear of those stop-n-robs, especially late at night.

Be a good witness.

+1 to that.

Some may say you should of left and distanced yourself and your lady friend.
    I prefer your way and stay, but be safe.

Congrats on the witness stuff.....keeping your mouth closed and being observant is the safe thing to do.

Our local Stop N' Rob almost always has cops hanging around...the shady characters don't stay long.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Ready with the cell phone is the best way to go. Sometimes it can't be helped, but avoiding places like that is a good idea.

Sounds to me like you did good.

I'm impressed. It would have been really easy to just drive away. On the flipside, it also would have been easy to try and play hero. Well played.

The next time someone drops in on a thread and says something like, why do you keep rehashing the same old stuff send them to this thread.

Good job on staying out of the mess and being a good witness.
    For as the lightning comes from the east and flashes to the west, so also will the coming of the son of man be. Mathew 24:27

NRA Member

I'd have to need something pretty bad at 3 a.m. to stop at a Stop-N-Rob that had 3 young male drunks outside and no one else around.

You have every right to stop at the Stop-N-Rob at any time of the day or night. But I wouldn't. If I really needed something under those conditions, the safest thing for me to do would be to drive on to another store, regardless of how inconvenient it was. Those 3 could have turned on you and her in an instant, and finished their job before help could have arrived.

It turned out well for you. You were being aware, and you had your phone ready. But I would have avoided the entire situation.

Distinguished Member Array Rugergirl's Avatar
    Handled very well!
    Personally I might have avoided the place entirely seeing what was going on, if I was alone the parking lot would have looked like a casual turn-around to anyone else watching.
    Disclaimer: The posts made by this member are only the members opinion, not a reflection on anyone else, nor the group, and should not be cause for anyone to get their undergarments wedged in an uncomfortable position.

The "smarter moron" may have seen you on the phone and taken an "educated" guess as to who you were calling. You may have done more to defuse the situation than you are giving yourself credit for. Being a good witness isn't the equivelant to doing nothing. Good job.

Maybe not the best place to roll into, but unless something is REALLY wrong, I'm not the type to let a few guys interfere with my business. If they just kicked the trashcan, I probably would have ignored it, but the clerk coming outside and their reaction made me want to stay. I wouldn't like myself too much if I left the clerk high and dry, ya know?

Good SA for sure though.
    "Anyone worth shooting, is probably worth shooting several times."

Good job! cell phone with a gun as back-up is the way to travel. It's a shame because 7-Eleven has such great coffee even late at night!
    "We deal in lead friend">Steve McQueen The Magnificent Seven
    82d Abn(1983-86)OIF 2007-08
    Glock 19&26/ Colt Gov't & OM/Ruger SP101
    Retired NYS LEO / NRA Life Member
    Still Love Ya Sarah !
    "no kidding,gun slinging,spurs hitting the floor"

Distinguished Member Array TerriLi's Avatar
    The last gas station I worked at closed at 11, and never is there less then 2 people on duty. The one I worked at before that was a true stop and rob, I carried, and wore a vest. Needless to say I finally got a better job and left that. Most of the punks you see run as soon as they see a baseball bat and a big smile.
    I know not what this "overkill" means.

Honing the knives, Cleaning the longguns, Stocking up ammo.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links