shooting vid

This is a discussion on shooting vid within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; this file is of a guy from another forum i blundered across while surfing , appairently the ccw is a .40 glock , b/g was ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: shooting vid

VIP Member Array Redneck Repairs's Avatar

shooting vid

this file is of a guy from another forum i blundered across while surfing , appairently the ccw is a .40 glock , b/g was armed with a .45lc revolver but it doesnt really show anyway watch it and monday morning quarterback lol http://media.putfile.com/How-To-Make-Swiss-Cheese80

edited to add

if you want to down this to burn to disk ect.. i belive http://x1200.putfile.com/videos/b3-6314135890.wmv should get it if not let me know and ill put it on rapidshare or something

2. Remove Ads

wow, he took a huge risk, he shot really close to that little girls head, and the BG was turning to run away, I would have still fired because you couldnt tell if he was pointing the gun back at you while he was running or not, but wow pretty intense.
    I carry because I care.
    "An armed man is a citizen. An unarmed man is a subject."
    "Cling to the Father and His Holy name, and don't go riding on the Long Black Train" - Josh Turner

Just to throw in a few facts before too much monday morning quarter backing starts.....
    He is 22 years old.
    He is an NRA instructor.
    Says he's put 10's of thousands of rounds downrange.
    He didn't produce or post the video. His roomate did.
    He was using a Glock 27 with 165 grain Golden Sabers.
    They overpenetrated twice and the third stuck in his shoulderbone.
    He's switching to 155 grain Gold Dots.
    He yelled at the guy and the Perp raised his gun. That is when he starts to duck-flinch and starts shooting.
    His co-worker wants to get her CCW now and he hopes to be the one to sign her off for it.
    He didn't get sued or prosecuted.
    Says the Police and prosecutor were pretty supportive.

He says and i belive him the apparent nearness of the child is due to camera angle .

Wow. That is intense. It all happened so fast. I am mentally staggered. Need more coffee and a cigarette!

From the Galleryofguns.com:

Motel Clerk Shoots Would-Be Robber
    by
    NCB4i (Columbus, OH)
    Category: News Center
    August 7, 2005

Man To Be Charged With Aggravated Robbery
    COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Police said a desk clerk shot a man who was attempting to rob an east side motel on Saturday night.
    Officers said that shortly before 9:30 p.m., a man walked into the Super 8 Motel, located at 2055 Brice Rd., showed a gun and demanded money.
    Police said the desk clerk on duty then shot the alleged robber, Antoine Stephens.
    Stephens, 20, was transported to Grant Medical Center and was in serious condition on Sunday morning, NBC 4 reported.
    Police said he would be charged with aggravated robbery.
    The motel clerk's name was not released. It was unclear as to whether he would be charged.
    Anyone with information about the crime is asked to contact the Columbus police detective bureau at (614) 645-4624. Anonymous calls can be made to Central Ohio Crime Stoppers at (614) 645-8477

Now, just add Redneck_Repairs' comments to that, and you pretty much have the whole story.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

Distinguished Member Array jarhead79's Avatar
    I like the way he used the coworker to cover his draw. He played that well. That's very quick thinking on his part.
    www.ubgholsters.com short wait times. Use 'defensivecarry' as a coupon code for a discount to your order.

If I were that guy (the good guy), I absolutely would not have let the roommate produce and post that video. It makes him look like a "Dirty Harry" kind of character, in addition to putting his face out there for the bad guy's buddies to see.

That was obviously a high pressure situation. There's no way I would Monday morning quarterback his performance. I thought it was smart the way he made his draw while concealed behind the other employee.

I thought the look on the mother's face after the final shot was priceless. I'm sure she was shocked, but the expression looked like "What the **** was that all about?!?"

Interesting video. Would have been better for educational puposes with the original audio instead of the heavy metal song. I would like to have heard what was being said prior to the start of the "action," what was said on the phone, etc.

SSKC

Assistant Administrator
    ''Intense'' is certainly the word - showing what we pretty much know. These things occur in seconds.

Unusual to have hi-res vid in such situations. I can see that camera angle did somewhat exaggerate proximity to little girl but I daresay things sounded awful loud in there.
    Chris - P95
    NRA Certified Instructor & NRA Life Member.

"To own a gun and assume that you are armed
    is like owning a piano and assuming that you are a musician!."

http://www.rkba-2a.com/ - a portal for 2A links, articles and some videos.

Quote Originally Posted by madmike
    COLUMBUS, Ohio -- Police said a desk clerk shot a man who was attempting to rob an east side motel on Saturday night....<snip>...The motel clerk's name was not released. It was unclear as to whether he would be charged.
    Don't you love that little dig at the end? If the clerk hadn't acted, there might have been four murder victims and a successful robbery. Instead of giving him credit for being a stand-up citizen, the report has to imply that he could be charged. It's ridiculous.

SSKC

Distinguished Member Array 4my sons's Avatar
    Looked like he was on the ball and kept his cool. Kudos to him on that. I'm sure he would have rather the child not have been there, but she was and it could have easily if the BG wanted it to have turned into a hostage situation with the little girl. The potential for bad things to happen to good people was everywhere. So glad to see that it turned out the way it did. All the GG's went home.

"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia,(D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]
    If I have to explain it, you wouldn't understand

DC Founder
    Good example of just how fast things happen and exactly why we all carry. I bet the guy was absolutely worn out after the adreneline dump started wearing off....
    Bumper
    Coimhéad fearg fhear na foighde; Beware the anger of a patient man.

Yea you can really see the adreneline in action with his " uber tactical " stroll over to check the b/g LOL but hey he did maintain coverage of the b/g untill he had assessed him as no longer harmfull.

is there some place where i can download it. the link doesn't work and i only see the first 30 sec.

ill upload it to rapidshare and edit this post when its finished

edited to add scroll down , click free, put inn the security code when the site gives it to you ( in caps ) http://rapidshare.de/files/14946166/...shoot.wmv.html tested and works here
    Last edited by Redneck Repairs; March 7th, 2006 at 03:54 PM.

I'm still trying to dl the video. Is it the incident I posted about
    Thread - page 3

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links