Learning from History | Mumbai terrorist attacks
This is a discussion on Learning from History | Mumbai terrorist attacks within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The trouble with individuals fighting back is that the Gov will place blame not honor on the citizens.
Until the Gov has a change of ...
June 6th, 2009 02:21 PM
The trouble with individuals fighting back is that the Gov will place blame not honor on the citizens.
Until the Gov has a change of heart and starts to fight a "war on terror" and not a "man made disaster" we won't be allowed to act in a reasonable defensive manner which is more offense than defense.
June 6th, 2009 02:21 PM
June 6th, 2009 03:25 PM
When does "self defense" become "vigilante actions?"
I think this is spot on correct. But defensive actions are still better than being slaughtered wholesale. Even if we limit our actions to individual responses to unprovoked attacks, we're still mounting a defense that is viable. While it is still true that anyone who fights a defensive war is doomed to fail (just ask Jefferson Davis) at least this is not wholesale surrender, either.
Originally Posted by twocan
Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
June 6th, 2009 05:02 PM
The Proper Attitude
The way I look at is very simple -
If a Mumbai starts where I am, the fact that I start shooting will make at least Seven things happen:
- The then Active Shooters will be faced with something that they did not expect - somebody out of uniform shooting back.
- This will change their expectation of what will fully happen. This change of environment will upset their plan and their confidence in that plan.
- Any that I hit are out of the fight.
- Dealing with me diverts their attention from general killing.
- More people can flee.
- Others like me with guns can join in.
- It gives more time for cell phone calls to get thru, and thus providing the calvary a better idea what is going on.
Longer term, the effects will be:
- The planners of these events will have to include a study of CCW to determine which states are armed (and to what extent) for their next series of targets.
- More people will start packing more often.
- People's Republics - especially Illinois and Wisconsin - will have some 'splaning to do.
- Restrictions on where you can carry in all states will be put to a severe test.
- Federal receprocity will get a boast.
- Brady and their cool aid drinkers will be speechless for a while.
George H. Foster
June 6th, 2009 09:02 PM
The only part I partially disagree with is "states". As an example; Washington State is a pretty well armed state, but Seattle has a lot of Eloi.
Originally Posted by GHFLRLTD;1176500[*
OTOH, all of Hawaii is a prime target.
June 7th, 2009 03:32 AM
I feel there need to be more training centers that can guide armed citizens in dealing with such situations. I know most libs think we're paranoid when we talk about a scenario like this, but it is possible at any place at any time on US soil. I fear that the no carry states and gun free zones would be the prime targets. The latest attack on the army recruiting center was carried out by a local American citizen who converted to Islam, visited Yemen and Somalia and then came back with a plan to execute unarmed soldiers at a recruitment center.
Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member
June 8th, 2009 11:12 AM
Group Linked to Al Qaeda May Have Killed Minnesota Man Recruited in Somalia - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com
For the naysayers, the reality is almost upon us: "America's chickens HAVE come home to roost" to quote someone else that I despise but it is a very ironic quote. Whether it's Somalis in Minnesota, Arabs in Dearborn MI, Pakistanis in NYC, and the lost goes on. They are training OUR citizens to turn on us from within. DC Shooter, US Army recruiting incident, etc........the tide is building and the left keeps denying the problem. They WON'T even call it a war on terror.
I am no longer paranoid.......I am convinced and have been since 9-12-2001. Keep reading and get yourself ready because IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN HERE sooner or later.
By Coder in forum Home (And Away From Home) Defense Discussion
Last Post: November 18th, 2010, 12:56 AM
By wolfshead in forum In the News: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly
Last Post: July 27th, 2009, 12:07 PM
By Pete in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
Last Post: July 8th, 2007, 03:12 PM
By Bumper in forum Off Topic & Humor Discussion
Last Post: July 26th, 2005, 12:38 AM
By QKShooter in forum General Firearm Discussion
Last Post: May 19th, 2005, 12:52 AM