This is a discussion on Learning from History | Mumbai terrorist attacks within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The trouble with individuals fighting back is that the Gov will place blame not honor on the citizens. Until the Gov has a change of ...
The trouble with individuals fighting back is that the Gov will place blame not honor on the citizens.
Until the Gov has a change of heart and starts to fight a "war on terror" and not a "man made disaster" we won't be allowed to act in a reasonable defensive manner which is more offense than defense.
Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.
The way I look at is very simple -
If a Mumbai starts where I am, the fact that I start shooting will make at least Seven things happen:
- The then Active Shooters will be faced with something that they did not expect - somebody out of uniform shooting back.
- This will change their expectation of what will fully happen. This change of environment will upset their plan and their confidence in that plan.
- Any that I hit are out of the fight.
- Dealing with me diverts their attention from general killing.
- More people can flee.
- Others like me with guns can join in.
- It gives more time for cell phone calls to get thru, and thus providing the calvary a better idea what is going on.
Longer term, the effects will be:
- The planners of these events will have to include a study of CCW to determine which states are armed (and to what extent) for their next series of targets.
- More people will start packing more often.
- People's Republics - especially Illinois and Wisconsin - will have some 'splaning to do.
- Restrictions on where you can carry in all states will be put to a severe test.
- Federal receprocity will get a boast.
- Brady and their cool aid drinkers will be speechless for a while.
George H. Foster
The only part I partially disagree with is "states". As an example; Washington State is a pretty well armed state, but Seattle has a lot of Eloi.Originally Posted by GHFLRLTD;1176500[*
OTOH, all of Hawaii is a prime target.
I feel there need to be more training centers that can guide armed citizens in dealing with such situations. I know most libs think we're paranoid when we talk about a scenario like this, but it is possible at any place at any time on US soil. I fear that the no carry states and gun free zones would be the prime targets. The latest attack on the army recruiting center was carried out by a local American citizen who converted to Islam, visited Yemen and Somalia and then came back with a plan to execute unarmed soldiers at a recruitment center.
Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member
Group Linked to Al Qaeda May Have Killed Minnesota Man Recruited in Somalia - International News | News of the World | Middle East News | Europe News - FOXNews.com
For the naysayers, the reality is almost upon us: "America's chickens HAVE come home to roost" to quote someone else that I despise but it is a very ironic quote. Whether it's Somalis in Minnesota, Arabs in Dearborn MI, Pakistanis in NYC, and the lost goes on. They are training OUR citizens to turn on us from within. DC Shooter, US Army recruiting incident, etc........the tide is building and the left keeps denying the problem. They WON'T even call it a war on terror.
I am no longer paranoid.......I am convinced and have been since 9-12-2001. Keep reading and get yourself ready because IT IS GOING TO HAPPEN HERE sooner or later.
2A is not negotiable