saw this on tv how would everyone react?

This is a discussion on saw this on tv how would everyone react? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Originally Posted by Geronimo45 Probably nothing. If the guy shoots the BF and runs, he's no longer a threat to you. Might be a 'good ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: saw this on tv how would everyone react?

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo45 View Post
    Probably nothing. If the guy shoots the BF and runs, he's no longer a threat to you. Might be a 'good witness' and follow the guy (at a distance) to see what car he got into, what was on the plates if possible. Probably just stay there and try to help the injured guy as much as possible.

+1

I don't know the particulars, or who is involved.

Plus, I'm probably not working, as the nicest place I eat when I am working is a Fast Food Greazy Burger Joint with Heart Attack inducing fries.

If I'm working then I'll do what is required of me and I won't discuss what I do when I'm working on a forum.

Biker

2. Remove Ads

I would try to be a good witness and call 911 The deed is already done and the guy with the gun is running away. I would try to help the victim. If you try to shoot at the shooter while he is running away you will be putting other people in jeopardy and making your self libel if you start a gun fight.

1943 - 2009
    Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    Been there, done that...
    Quote Originally Posted by ccman View Post
    PointnClick
    Been there, done that... ?????????
    Indeed. Enlighten us, please.

Quote Originally Posted by semperfi.45 View Post
    Mods would get me if I posted the question that all guys would want to know.
    And that question would be...?

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

VIP Member
    Only thing to do in this situation is be a good witness.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    Same here, no threat to me and mine. I'll simply try my best to be a good witness at that point. I would most likely go to assist the woman and see fi I can try to console her, but it stops there.
    Yep!!
    CCW permit holder for Idaho, Utah, Pennsylvania, Maine and New Hampshire. I can carry in your country but not my own.

Stuff like that will happen incredibly quickly. By the time you just realized what happened, the guy will already be walking/running out the door. However, now that you're aware of such a situation, you can run through a few scenarios in your head so that in the unlikely case that such a thing ever happens, at least you hopefully won't freeze up and can be a good witness.

If you're feeling especially invincible I suppose you could always follow the dude outside, carefully, to try to get a vehicle description and travel direction. However, I would strongly advise against such an action... but of course, situations are dynamic. Use your best judgment and don't expose yourself to risk needlessly.

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    I would do nothing. Cpr is no good for a sucking chest wound.
    But if you are going to administer first aid to a person who has a sucking chest wound (Exactly what it sounds like) you can cover the wound (front and back of torso) with plastic and apply pressure to try and slow or stop the bleeding.

While you're doing that try and remember what the guy looked like that just shot your victim.
    "Words can be as lethal as bullets; Choose them carefully, Aim them well & Use them sparingly."

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    CCMan sez...

Been there, done that... ?????????
    Yeah, I got shot on a date several years ago, very similar to the situation posted above... My date's ex-husband showed up to finalize his divorce. I posted about it before...

Ever been shot...?
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by PointnClick View Post
    Yeah, I got shot on a date several years ago, very similar to the situation posted above... My date's ex-husband showed up to finalize his divorce. I posted about it before...
    Sorry I remember Your story now and reread it. Glad Your here.
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; May 31st, 2009 at 01:20 AM. Reason: Fixed quote tags.

I think that if the shooter still had his gun in his hand (not dropping it at the scene), he would still present a potential and significant threat. If I saw the whole scene develop and had my gun in my grip, I think that the decision of whether to shoot or not would depend on the danger to any others (especially any dining with me) at the scene. If the restaurant was relatively empty, more likely. If very busy, probably not. Since seconds would make all the difference in this scenario, I expect that what any of us predicts they would do could be very different from what each might actually do. Just have to be there...

What would I do?
    First make sure my family is under cover and out of harm's way. Tell them to STAY THERE.
    Second, make sure the shooter is gone then go to give aid. Keeping a eye out to make sure the guy doesn't come back.
    Third, be the best witness I can for Law Enforcement.

Whether armed or not...it would not be my place to go after the guy or involve myself in a fire fight unless the man returned and was a direct threat.

This is my opinion.
    A woman must not depend on protection by men. A woman must learn to protect herself.
    Susan B. Anthony
    A armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one has to back it up with his life.
    Robert Heinlein

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by M203Sniper View Post
    But if you are going to administer first aid to a person who has a sucking chest wound (Exactly what it sounds like) you can cover the wound (front and back of torso) with plastic and apply pressure to try and slow or stop the bleeding.

While you're doing that try and remember what the guy looked like that just shot your victim.
    Ok you got me. I was lazy about typing so I should have said normal cpr is no good.

Well I guess I could get out my ID and some tape to seal the ID to the wound on three sides. Leaving the bottom side open of course to let the blood out but still creating a seal so he can breath in through his mouth, not through the wound. Then rolling the victim on his side with the good lung up so it doesn't fill with blood giving him a fighting chance. The big problem is not the bleeding outside but the bleeding in the lungs.

Now with all of that combat cpr stuff out of the way I would do nothing.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

Quote Originally Posted by chepo06 View Post
    ok i saw this on Americas Most Wanted the other day. Its a true story. It happened back in 2003 here in Houston!

A guy and his girlfriend are eating dinner at a restraunt. Girlfriends Ex-Boyfriend walks in and puts a single round into new boyfriends chest and runs! New boyfriend dies at hospital.

Now say you were in the restruant when this went down. Your 2 tables away and you see everything happen. What would you do? Engage?Run?
    Ask the girl for her phone number, and what's she's doing Friday night.

Administrator

McDougal

I should delete that as being off topic to the thread but, I won't....'cause it's funny in a warped sort of way.

Even though you really deserve a for that comment.

"Ask the girl for her phone number, and what's she's doing Friday night."

How would you know it was a crazy ex boyfriend and not another Luby's psycho?...If shooting started i might be forced to draw to defend my family and friends.
    USMC 1984-1992
    To err is human.
    To forgive is divine.
    Neither of which is Marine Corps policy.

"It's all about shot placement."- David (Slayer of Goliath)

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links