saw this on tv how would everyone react?

This is a discussion on saw this on tv how would everyone react? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; ok i saw this on Americas Most Wanted the other day. Its a true story. It happened back in 2003 here in Houston! A guy ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: saw this on tv how would everyone react?

saw this on tv how would everyone react?

ok i saw this on Americas Most Wanted the other day. Its a true story. It happened back in 2003 here in Houston!

A guy and his girlfriend are eating dinner at a restraunt. Girlfriends Ex-Boyfriend walks in and puts a single round into new boyfriends chest and runs! New boyfriend dies at hospital.

Now say you were in the restruant when this went down. You're 2 tables away and you see everything happen.
    What would you do? Engage? Run?

chep
    Dont mistake Kindness for Weakness!!!
    Kimber Ultra Carry II
    Kel-Tec PF-9
    Ruger SP 101 2 1/4" 357 mag

2. Remove Ads

well it depends on how big the guy is before i decide to engage and fight, and it would depend who im sitting with at the table, if im sitting with my wife and kid then i wouldnt do anything cause i wouldnt want to endanger there life and risk them getting shot.
    "When you have to shoot, Shoot! Don't talk."

Probably nothing. If the guy shoots the BF and runs, he's no longer a threat to you. Might be a 'good witness' and follow the guy (at a distance) to see what car he got into, what was on the plates if possible. Probably just stay there and try to help the injured guy as much as possible.

Im with Geronimo. If he runs try and be a good witness and try to keep the guy alive till the EMTs get there.

VIP Member
    I would do nothing. Cpr is no good for a sucking chest wound.
    It is surely true that you can lead a horse to water but you can't make them drink. Nor can you make them grateful for your efforts.

I would call 911... Lay the guy on the floor head elevated (so he doesn't choke if he is bleeding in his lungs). Then apply direct and forceful pressure to all the main arteries I could access. Hopefully slowing down the circulation to the heart just enough to slow it down but not stop it. lol sorry I took a few nursing class. As for the other guy I would probably be praying to hard that he didn't shot me or my child to do much else till he was gone.
    "When a strong man, fully armed, guards his house, his possessions are safe."
    - Luke 11:21

I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen: not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else.
    C. S. Lewis

Nothing you could do but be a witness. I would presume it happened fast and the guy was gone.

Senior Member Array PointnClick's Avatar
    Been there, done that...
    "Who is to say that I am not an instrument of karma? Indeed, who is to say that I am not the very hand of God himself, dispatched by the Almighty to smite the Philistines and hypocrites, to lay low the dishonest and corrupt, and to bust the jawbone of some jackass that so desperately deserves it?"

VIP Member
    PointnClick
    Been there, done that... ?????????

Someone intent on this type of crime is going to be in, done, and out...before you even realize what has happened...call 911.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by Geronimo45 View Post
    Probably nothing. If the guy shoots the BF and runs, he's no longer a threat to you. Might be a 'good witness' and follow the guy (at a distance) to see what car he got into, what was on the plates if possible. Probably just stay there and try to help the injured guy as much as possible.
    Same here, no threat to me and mine. I'll simply try my best to be a good witness at that point. I would most likely go to assist the woman and see fi I can try to console her, but it stops there.
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

VIP Member
    I would be the best witness that I could, can't carry in Restaurants here.

Good witness........and keep a sharp eye out. No telling if the nutjob might come back in to take a shot at the GF too.
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Mods would get me if I posted the question that all guys would want to know.
    Training means learning the rules. Experience means learning the exceptions.

VIP Member
    I'm also with Geronimo45, simply because of the cool Avatar photo.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links