4 on 1 gunfight? - Page 3

4 on 1 gunfight?

This is a discussion on 4 on 1 gunfight? within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Trust in God you are doing the right thing,then engage in tactical order....

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: 4 on 1 gunfight?

Trust in God you are doing the right thing,then engage in tactical order.
    It is pardonable to be defeated but never surprised.
    2 Ruger alaskan .454s
    Ruger P95
    Rem 870
    Barrett .50BMG

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gogriz91 View Post
    If the bunny says you're a wimp and have a responsibility to respond by drawing and shooting...
    Make no mistake, I might call Mr. Bunny many things, but never "wimp" and I'm not the type to egg anyone on, especially in an unknown violent scenario. I can't even harass him well enough to get him to eat Arugula! (It's a salad green.)

Quote Originally Posted by oldogy View Post
    Strongly suggest that Mr Bunny go back and take the rest of his CCC or HCC, whatever they call it where you live. You know, the part that tells you some of what you can and can not do legally.
    Been doing that. This actually came about because he took 1/2 of the CCH class so far (long story) and one of the videos we watched was about this guy who pissed off this girl in line at a bank or something, so she went and got her 400 lb felon-on-parole boyfriend, and he beat the guy into oblivion while onlookers tried to watch paint dry.

It was a video to illustrate "disparity of force" and "lethal force."

Mr. Bunny was thinking about the video and did a make-your-own "what if" from that, which then became the scenario I posted in the OP.
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    When you get an answer from the experts please post it, I'm sure the rest of us would like to read it as well!
    Let's see...

An "EX" is a has been and a "SPURT" is a drip under pressure. I actually might just qualify!

Seriously though, that's a tough scenario but I am sure of one thing... the ONLY time I will draw my weapon is when I firmly believe that threat to my life or severe bodily harm is eminent.

I would probably want to help but, drawing my weapon will never be to threaten, scare, warn etc.
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

Thumper, you would not draw / shoot to protect family?

Quote Originally Posted by Bunny View Post
    We're in the car yesterday, and Mr. Bunny --bless his heart-- actually wanted to talk firearms! Seems maybe the 1/2 of the CCH class he took actually stuck with him! :)

Anyhow, he said "I have a scenario for you, I was thinking about this, what would you do?" And here it is:

You're in a bad area of town. He chose Trenton, NJ for this scenario, but pick your own. You see 5 guys, kicking and beating the living snot out of one guy, who is now on the ground, fetal position, possibly unresponsive. What do you do?

At this point, Mr. Bunny suggested that in this scenario, he would want to help the guy being beaten, so he would most likely pull his gun, which leads to the 2nd part of his hypothetical situation...

You pull your gun and yell to the guys to stop. And then you see that 4 of the 5 bad guys pull out THEIR guns, what do you do next?

Getting into a 4 on 1 gunfight is a great way to die.

Laudable as wanting to help someone else is...You have to help yourself first.

You don't know what's going on. If you want to get involved in a gang initiation, drug debt collection or general thugging...go ahead.

Me?

No. Thanks.

Arrow

Quote Originally Posted by OffDutyCCWNY View Post
    Mr. Bunny Rabbit is crazy. Just because you possess a CCW permit and hangun does not make you a LEO. Please do not try to stop crime that you incounter in the street that is not directed to you or your loved ones. Get descriptions, locations, number of perps and run for cover(leave scene). Then call the local LEO agency. DO NOT take the Law into you own hands by playing Rambo and taking on a gang assult.
    even if i didn't have a gun i would have said/done something. If i was the one on the ground getting the sht beat out of me i would want someone to help me out. Maybe a yell from a passer by would be enough to stop the beating... or not... but worth a try...

Quote Originally Posted by MitchellCT View Post
    Getting into a 4 on 1 gunfight is a great way to die.

Laudable as wanting to help someone else is...You have to help yourself first.

You don't know what's going on. If you want to get involved in a gang initiation, drug debt collection or general thugging...go ahead.

Me?

No. Thanks.
    didn't think of that... (insert face-palm smiley here) for some reason there isn't one...
    Glock 19 in a Crossbreed supertuck EDC

Ruger LCP W/ CT "the go anywhere gun" EDC

"ALWAYS carry!NEVERtell!" Thumper

If for some reason, after trying to avoid this situation, you manage to find yourself witnessing someone getting assaulted, I think you would be in the wrong to pull your gun and yell at them. This would portray you as looking for the fight, and them defending themselves. One thing I should preface with is that we are assuming the victim is an innocent victim of a random crime, for example, an elderly person. Not a gang-style "jumping in" or something of that nature. Personally, I would have a hard time living with myself knowing that an innocent person was seriously injured or killed and I could have done something about it. How would you feel if it was you getting pummelled? Wouldn't you want someone to help ya out?
    1- call 911- tell them everything you see, get yourself on the record as trying to help the victim. 2 position myself to escape/hide, continue to be a good witness. 3 IF and only IF I felt the person being assaulted was in absolute dire straits and in danger of being killed/severely injured, I would let the 4-5 assaulters know (yell from a good distance) that the cops are coming (in the effort to get them to stop pounding the guy). Chances are that this would get them to at least stop for a second and probably split. At this point, if they point their weapons AND fire, you should still be in a position to escape. NOW the firearm can come out: 4 - if they chase and corner you, then you return fire.. and defend yourself. They may not anticipate you having a firearm, and at this point you may still surprise them with returning fire, which would get them to split/run for cover. If they continue to seek you out, then you'd better hit your marks and pray you brought a spare mag along, still back-peddling for cover and escape routes. JMHO, based on the few facts given in the original scenario.
    funwitHK
    Aim Low, don't be Disappointed, and Reach your Goals.

A lesson I've learned from being in the court system: Today's victim is yesterday's & tomorrow's suspect.

If 4 people are beating the stuffing out of someone...ask why, and also ask how they would react if you decided to interfere.

Also I should add, even if I didn't have a firearm, I would at least try to do something, at the very least call 911, and be a good witness, have an escape route, and maybe yell at them as I'm running the other way.
    funwitHK
    Aim Low, don't be Disappointed, and Reach your Goals.

While reading this and wondering just what I would do, another question came to mind that might would change the way I answer this.

Suppose I was the one being beaten and you came to help me. And thennnnnn the big one. Suppose it was you being beaten and I arrive and am wondering if I should help you????? Gosh. Now I have to do all I can.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

VIP Member Array paramedic70002's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by McDougal View Post
    And when you call the police, you're told there are already 5 off-duty officers on the scene, apprehending a witness to last night's beating of a witness by police.

(Just kidding, I love NJ!)
    Dang you beat me to that one!
    "Each worker carried his sword strapped to his side." Nehemiah 4:18

Guns Save Lives. Paramedics Save Lives. But...
    Paramedics With Guns Scare People!

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by United93 View Post
    Thumper, you would not draw / shoot to protect family?
    Of course. Heck, prolly even to protect you if you weren't as fast as me!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

get Mr. Bunny to finish his class. then it is only 2 on 4 not 1 on 4. you odds more then doubled with that.

(that argument might work)
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

Im going to call 911. Stay with the wife and make sure she and i are safe.

Distinguished Member Array Bunny's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tbrenke View Post
    get Mr. Bunny to finish his class. then it is only 2 on 4 not 1 on 4. you odds more then doubled with that.

(that argument might work)
    He refuses to finish the class, shoot at the range, OR carry. Back to 4 on 1 again :(
    Don't frisk me, I am the weapon.

Sig Sauer P239 DAK (9mm)
    NRA Member & Pistol Instructor

www.vanguardnc.com

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links