Scary day at work/school.

This is a discussion on Scary day at work/school. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Well as yall know from my previous thread that there is an issue with another work/study and her boyfriend. http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...my-1911-a.html Well today we found out ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Scary day at work/school.

Scary day at work/school.

Well as yall know from my previous thread that there is an issue with another work/study and her boyfriend.

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...my-1911-a.html

Well today we found out there was reason to worry. The girl left him yesterday. She tried the day before to go and get her things but law enforcement would not go out to her house to help her get her things since there was no official report or something of that nature. We felt it a bad idea to go with her since we know he is armed and not right in the head. Plus putting ourselves in that situation would look bad in court should a shooting happen.

She didn't go home lastnight and so today we took turn guarding her since we have no campus security of any kind. All the higher ups knew about the situation. About an hour and a half ago we see him walk in. I bolt to find the girl and my friend who was guarding her. The friend guarding her is the one that is getting involved with her and has already been a target of the crazy boyfriend for a while. He's hard headed and wouldn't leave. While I went to find them, my other friend went to find our boss. When my boss found out he txted the friend watching the girl and he locked the door in the study room where they were tutoring. No sooner than he had locked the door the boyfriend kicks the door and starts screaming to let him in and that he is going to kill them. I met up with my boss in the hallway as we're entering the area where this is all going on. By this time there are several people there blocking him from kicking in the glass to the room and higher ups were on the phone with the police. My boss waved me off so i went outside to wait for police. While I was outside the guy took a swing at my boss and they had to put him down and pin him until police arrived. He was arrested.

What worries me is what this guy is going to do when he gets out. I'm pretty sure a restraining order is/has been filed and i'm sure he is going to be expelled and banned from the campus. I felt no need to retrieve my weapon since so many people are there but it makes me nervous not having it once he gets out.

2. Remove Ads

If the girl is smart, she will clear out her things while the crazy dude is "enjoying the county's hospitality" and lay low for a while. As they're both students, that may be problematic, though. I assume this is college, right? Is the semester over yet? If not, perhaps she can explain the situation to her various professors and work something out? If it is, things are much easier - and she might consider taking on-line courses next semester, so crazy dude will have a harder time finding her.

And she really ought to consider some self-defense / carry classes - sounds like she might have cause to use them.

It's not over yet......and Restraining Orders mean absolutely nothing, nada, zip, zero...
    Be very careful.

This girl need to disappear for a while.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Put two rounds in his chest and one in the brain pan the next time he comes around; He has already proven his intentions are violent and no one needs to negotiate with him anymore.....
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Put two rounds in his chest and one in the brain pan the next time he comes around; He has already proven his intentions are violent and no one needs to negotiate with him anymore.....
    I suspect this is exactly what's going to be required. The felon sounds like a murderous powder keg about to blow. He has stated his intentions; he's acted out on his intentions, though he's been stopped so far; and everyone around him is hearing and fearing the same thing. No telling what he's going to do the instant he gets out of jail. However, everyone can easily see what's highly likely to come ... and it ain't spreadin' Miracle Grow on the roses out of the goodness of his heart.

Time to do a few things:
    • Move, now, while he's unaware of where y'all are going.
    • Make it absolutely clear to police that you MUST be informed if/when this felon gets out.
    • Go armed ... your life might well depend on it, with this guy around.
    • Have some discussions with your attorney, as the temperature is rising on the risk.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    It's not over yet...
    That's right.

She needs to be armed. Period. Or get her affairs in order.

Her choosing any other option, other than being armed and willing, will likely get her dead.

How bad does she want to live? Bad enough to arm herself? She can't depend on others' security forever. There will come a time when it's the two of them together, no one else... If she's not prepared to deal with the threat, then her life depends on whatever thoughts are going through his sick, twisted mind.

Fox, if she won't arm herself, and you continue to provide security for her, I suggest you talk to your lawyer now about issues resulting from a shooting. If you don't have a lawyer you can call anytime day or night, who is experienced in self-defense cases and the law on protecting others, I strongly suggest you put everything else on hold until you find such a lawyer. Then program his/her number into your cell phone.

Things may get noisy, and you need to be prepared to protect yourself legally.

fox2102,

Does your buddy really want to risk his life and his freedom for a woman he's "getting involved" with?
    Do you really want to risk your life and freedom for your buddy's not-really-girlfriend?

Think about it.

Watch your back man, be safe.

Where is his (the BG's) gun? Shouldn't all his weapons be taken away during the TRO?
    NRA Life Member

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bacon View Post
    Where is his (the BG's) gun? Shouldn't all his weapons be taken away during the TRO?
    They should be, but that doesn't mean they will be. Also if he's determined enough that he's going to go on a shooting spree he will get a gun one way or another.

My advise to her would be transfer to another school and don't tell anyone where she has gone. Not even your friend.I don't see anything good coming from this situation.

Greatest State in The Union, Pennsylvania
    In many states once a protection order, or a PFA is filed, the person who has the restraint against them is ordered to give up all firearms until the situation has been resolved. Look into it.

Well she has left for florida to stay with her dad. I'm not sure how long she will be gone. I stay armed 24/7 except in the one place I need to be. In the school building. I would think while he is in jail the police will go to collect her belongings. A plan is in progress to get her a job out of town and transfer schools but no idea if anything has been put into motion. My friend is willing to put his life on the line for this girl. This guy is like my brother so yeah i'm willing to defend him and myself since he does not carry and is nearly cripple by his back. I fear that we both have become targets (primarily him) and so getting out might not be an option. He does not know where we live so I am safe at home seeing as how i live 2 hours from where i go to school. I dont suspect they will hold him very long seeing as how the only charge i think they can pin on him is harassment and assault. What makes it worse is that this guy was obviously on drugs when this incident occured. I'm going to find other ways to arm myself in school but if he does bring a gun i'm basically screwed. I mean I could risk carrying on campus but if i do i risk my entire education. If I dont I risk my life. So i'm kind of between a rock and a hard place. There is no security at all in this building. Not even any working security camera on the inside. Usually this place is pretty safe but I find it rather negligent of the school to not protect the students that could be caught in the crossfire.

From what I know his gun is at his house. To be totally honest I'm not sure he didn't have it with him today in his car. I dont believe they searched it.

It's time to call a lawyer. What's the penalty for carrying in a no-pistol zone? What's the likelihood you'll get caught if you don't need to draw?

If it's a fine only, or a temporary revocation, I'd cary it. Permanent revocation, probably not.

Quote Originally Posted by fox2102 View Post
    What makes it worse is that this guy was obviously on drugs when this incident occured.
    You know this for fact, or is this assumed? Either way, he threatened and was getting frightfully close to murder.

I mean I could risk carrying on campus but if i do i risk my entire education.
    Not at a school in a state that supports carrying by adult students who have a CHL (ie, Univ. of Utah).

Usually this place is pretty safe but I find it rather negligent of the school to not protect the students that could be caught in the crossfire.
    Nobody, from the courts down to the lowliest staff of the University, will see it that way. Though, I agree with you, that places of forced disarmament create this situation and are held to zero level of responsibility for it. I believe that's criminal behavior, for what it's worth (not much, but there it is).

Good luck with everything. Time for some tough choices.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Quote Originally Posted by fox2102 View Post
    He does not know where we live so I am safe at home seeing as how i live 2 hours from where i go to school.
    Does the school have your home address? Do you think this guy has any friends with access to the school records?

Does he know your name, or can he get it from a school yearbook?

Try searching for yourself (first name, middle initial, and last name) on zabasearch.com to see how hidden you are.

Not all safe from the internet any more. I can't believe it but I didn't come up. Lots of people with my name did though.
    2 Chronicles 7:14 If my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin, and will heal their land.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links