Loony Tune Express

This is a discussion on Loony Tune Express within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Howdy. Just thought I'd pass on just a couple of my experiences while riding public transportation. Tampa, Florida: "Disheveled" type male on bus loses footing ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Loony Tune Express

Loony Tune Express

Howdy. Just thought I'd pass on just a couple of my experiences while riding public transportation.
    Tampa, Florida:
    "Disheveled" type male on bus loses footing while changing seats and starts talking about killing the driver. Had been spouting off about the forces that were out to get him. I mentioned something about blowing his brains out and he exited at the next stop.
    Dallas, Texas:
    Caloricly enhanced WT female starts a yelling match with a male stranger. Another female objected to her yelling in her ear. Both got in WT ladies face, threatening bodily harm. I noted the onboard camera recording what they were doing and everybody went back to their corners.
    Guy sits down next to female passenger. Puts his hand on her leg. She objects to his advances. When I figured out he wasn't her mate, I told him to knock it off. He talked trash as he moved elsewhere on the bus. "Talk while you walk, just keep walking" is a reasonable outcome to me.
    Drivers and passengers have been murdered on public transportation across the country. Here in Dallas you won't find the bus cops actually riding a bus or checking out the hubs. They prefer to ride the trains (Yuppie transport for the most part) or driving their cool motorcycles aimlessly about the metroplex.
    I usually keep to myself and become the invisible man. Sometimes NOT doing something is a mistake. The drivers may as well be robots. They are certainly not the captain of the ship.
    Watch your six fellow travelers.

2. Remove Ads

It's not a whole lot better outside the bus. Dallas is now crowned the 2nd angriest driving city in the nation, behind NYC.

We are angrier drivers than Detroit, don't these people riot when they win something?
    "Don't hit a man if you can possibly avoid it; but if you do hit him, put him to sleep." - Theodore Roosevelt

-Paco
    http://www.shieldsd.net

Quote Originally Posted by Paco View Post
    It's not a whole lot better outside the bus. Dallas is now crowned the 2nd angriest driving city in the nation, behind NYC.

We are angrier drivers than Detroit, don't these people riot when they win something?
    Don't have to even be in a car...look at MSU (MI ST UNIV) students after winning a championship.

To the OP...lots of crazies on buses......and you can't CCW (unless you're a criminal, BG's have special rules).
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Never saw a sign forbidding CCW on the buses.
    I go about my business prepared to survive. The mandates of some bureaucratic troll are not the guiding force in my day to day activities.

Quote Originally Posted by ferretray View Post
    I mentioned something about blowing his brains out and he exited at the next stop.

I noted the onboard camera recording what they were doing and everybody went back to their corners.

When I figured out he wasn't her mate, I told him to knock it off.

I usually keep to myself and become the invisible man.
    The first three statements contradict the last statement. Hearing the first statement would have put me on high alert.

Quote Originally Posted by NavyLT View Post
    The first three statements contradict the last statement. Hearing the first statement would have put me on high alert.
    When an obviously mentally disturbed street rat starts telling you he's going to stab the bus driver to death, what would you say to him, if anything?

fm2
    I go about my business prepared to survive. The mandates of some bureaucratic troll are not the guiding force in my day to day activities.
    That's not a bad way to live.

When an obviously mentally disturbed street rat starts telling you he's going to stab the bus driver to death, what would you say to him, if anything?
    I don't think I would mention "blowing his brains out".

VIP Member
    It would seem reasonable under certain circumstances. He says " I'm going to go stab the bus driver!" You say "If you do that I'll blow your brains out." It's not the best "phraseology", but it gets the point across to the sicko that his violence will have consequences.
    Mark Twain:
    The government is merely a servant -- merely a temporary servant; it cannot be its prerogative to determine what is right and what is wrong, and decide who is a
    patriot and who isn't. Its function is to obey orders, not originate them.

VIP Member
    Never fear... BUS COP is here!

Seriously man, it sounds like having a CCW has given you a false sense of bravado. You are not a cop. There's plenty of trouble looking for you already, don't you go looking for it!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I mentioned something about blowing his brains out and he exited at the next stop.
    Think how your 20 witnesses will report having just heard your statement, keeping in mind that 15 of them might well not have heard any of the rest of the altercation/threats:
    • Any attempt to violently harm someone is going to be stopped ... immediately.
    • Do that, and I'll blow your brains out.

The ones who simply heard your statement will report that's exactly what they heard, and they won't tie it to any justifiable action on the part of the other. They'll see the dead guy, know what they heard you say, and will be telling the same story to the investigators and Grand Jury. Bad juju ... even in TX, I'd suspect.

In regards to stopping a violent felony right in front of you, I would suggest that there's a marked difference between having a witnessed, stated desire to stop the crime and having a stated desire to kill the perpetrator.

Something to think about.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Beware of the....

BUS NINJA!
    "I didn't do it, nobody saw me do it, you can't prove anything!" Bart Simpson

Quote Originally Posted by atctimmy View Post
    It would seem reasonable under certain circumstances. He says " I'm going to go stab the bus driver!" You say "If you do that I'll blow your brains out." It's not the best "phraseology", but it gets the point across to the sicko that his violence will have consequences.
    In many states, yes I know Texas is NOT one of them, the verbal threat of deadly force such as this would be illegal and probably a felony. Also, there may be local laws making verbal threats illegal as well.

And I would agree with Thumper, ccw9mm and especially BradyM77

I swear some of you don't have a clue. Its sad, really.
    I worked a Salvation Army that had all of their "Programs" onsite.
    The clients ran the gamut, male and female. These flolks had every possible combination of mental issue and chemical dependancy. They even pick up convicts straight out of Huntsville.
    When the incompetent staff (Many were "Graduates" of their programs) managed to piss them off I would be called in to deal with the situation. I've probably got a better feel for dealing with these folks than most. The typical client should, in a just world, be in a secured environment receiving appropriate care. Thats not where the monies going.
    The local public hospital, with its psych ward, is right across the street. The local LEO's have transported many clients directly from the SA to that ward.
    I've traveled the planet more than once, from Egypt to Japan, and many points in between. I deal with what life hands me, in the way I see fit.
    The lady getting groped by a stranger was most likely one of the many illegals here who will put up with insult that your typical office worker would go ballistic over, to avoid interaction with the authorities. I despise a bully who would take advantage of a woman and won't stand for it. YMMV.
    I recall one client who showed up cut to ribbons by a fellow homeless guy (The BG used a cheap box cutter, which seems to be the current favorite of street wacko's) over an apple or some such. A couple of months later the victim ID'd his assailant at the facility. The BG acted like it had never happened. Life means nothing to many of these folks.
    The administration at that facility decided to unplug the metal detectors as they were too time consuming. So much for the safety of the staff.
    Yes, I warned the nutjob that I would blow his brains out. It was the right call for those circumstances and it had the outcome that I'd hoped for. I'll make my judgement calls and you make yours.
    If you had to go from point A to point B in a "Contested" area, you would want me covering your six.

I swear some of you don't have a clue. Its sad, really.
    Few are unaware of how seedy "public" transportation can be, as well as the nether regions of most cities. It's not a mystery. Clueless? Uh, no.

The question is: what are you justified in doing; what will a Grand Jury see as justified.

Yes, I warned the nutjob that I would blow his brains out. It was the right call for those circumstances and it had the outcome that I'd hoped for. I'll make my judgement calls and you make yours.
    And the Grand Jury will make its own, in situations where someone lies toes-up and an explanation needs to be found. That's the point of restraint in what we say and do, in response to verbal threats or otherwise.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links