A guy cant even relax in his house on a Sunday!!!

This is a discussion on A guy cant even relax in his house on a Sunday!!! within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I live in a small residential town, well within city limits. The houses in my neighborhood are all VERY close together. My parents had ...

Thread: A guy cant even relax in his house on a Sunday!!!

A guy cant even relax in his house on a Sunday!!!

So I live in a small residential town, well within city limits. The houses in my neighborhood are all VERY close together. My parents had just left on their way back home an hour away from a wonderful visit and dinner made by my beautiful girlfriend. I had just changed in to my basketball shorts and took my shoes off. I had unholstered my EDC, a G23 and laid it on my nightstand with the Surefire x200 attached. GF said something and I came to the living room without my gun which I usually bring in and lay on the end table. I just got comfortable and heard Bang....Bang...Bang!!! I immediately came out of Condition Soft Yellow and went to Condition Orange. I ran to my room and grabbed my trusty sidearm. As I was exiting the Bedroom, I heard Bang....BangBang. It was echoing off of the houses, and closer than the first string. I immediately went to my front door and looked out to the street for any signs of danger. I then shut off the interior lights and stepped out to the porch. Left the light off as not to be back lit. Hairs were up on my neck. I didnt hear it anymore and called 911, Police came by but found nothing. My girl was scared the rest of the evening...I gotta get a little farther out of town.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

2. Remove Ads

Glad to hear you are both ok.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Firecrackers?

At least you were prepared.

Stay armed...even at home...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Glad you're alright and everything turned out ok. "Walked out onto the porch..."
    "In God we trust, as for the rest of you... keep your hands where I can see them" - Unknown

I am a probation officer and former investigator so I tend to be looking in to things a little too quickly I know I should have not went out but just my nature, and quite franly I was a little ticked this was going on in my neighborhood. My Next door neighbors have weekend long parties and the guests are not pillars of the community with a lot of Booze and "other" things going on. I thought there was possibility it was over there. and wanted to know if a threat was that close. Def not fireworks etc. I know that sound, I was an or nery kid. It WAS gun shots...
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

Your post reminded me of this post: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...rue-story.html

Sunday afternoons are considered a good time for break-ins by some criminals because of the likelihood of people being home and alarms being turned off, or so I have read.

I always carry at home. Always. Unless in bed or the shower. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but I'll be ready if my home is ever selected.

Glad everything worked out. You can never be to careful.

I am the OP gf. I was def a little scared. We have a picture window in our living room and I immediately got up and went in the back of the house so I wouldn't be in front of the window. I was like don't go outside...haha, but he felt the need to investigate and make sure everything was ok and that we were both safe.
    "Gun control has not worked in D.C. The only people who have guns are criminals. We have the strictest gun laws in the nation and one of the highest murder rates. It's quicker to pull your Smith & Wesson than to dial 911 if you're being robbed." -Lowell Duckett

Quote Originally Posted by grady View Post
    Your post reminded me of this post: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...rue-story.html

Sunday afternoons are considered a good time for break-ins by some criminals because of the likelihood of people being home and alarms being turned off, or so I have read.

I always carry at home. Always. Unless in bed or the shower. My wife thinks I'm crazy, but I'll be ready if my home is ever selected.
    I just read the post you linked. All i can say is hell yeah! Super post. Gave me chill bumps as i read it.

Quote Originally Posted by chenemf View Post
    Firecrackers?
    Likely.

Around July 4th plus/minus 5 days, it's entirely likely to be fireworks, particularly if there are no corroborating elements such as banging on the door, breaking glass, shaking of the walls of the house, etc.

Glad it wasn't anything more than noises.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

The days before the 4th of July, I have to take my handgun and put it up when I'm home ..... have to... because if I hear a loud bang (like a gun), I have a reaction to draw first and ask questions later. Comes from my old job....

So seriously, I park my handgun in the safe while I'm at home.... and park the shotgun instead during this time period.

Links