How would you react to your wife's warning of danger.

This is a discussion on How would you react to your wife's warning of danger. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; The reverse of: http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ife-react.html Let's say you and your wife are out together, just the two of you, and you're in a restaurant, convenience store, ...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: How would you react to your wife's warning of danger.

How would you react to your wife's warning of danger.

The reverse of:

http://www.defensivecarry.com/vbulle...ife-react.html

Let's say you and your wife are out together, just the two of you, and you're in a restaurant, convenience store, grocery store or whatever. IOW you're out in public at some business establishment or whatever.

You are pre-occupied, looking at something, but she notices some suspicious people who are "casing" the area, though nothing has happened just yet. She gets a real bad feelling about all of this and realize that it is time to slip out an exit, and it must be done quickly. She feels she only has time for a quick word if as the opportunity to depart without drawing attention is closing.

So your wife quietly tells you, "We need to leave now" and gently tug on your arm to reinforce her intention. Would you easily get up to follow or would you tend to delay your action by asking questions, resist the request, or make a scene?

I think I would:

Quote Originally Posted by Thanis View Post
    ... I know I would be startled for at least a second, and might ask a "What?"...
    Because as Tsales points out:

Quote Originally Posted by Tsales View Post
    ...I'll have to admit that on more reflection...she's giving the warning ...I'd be inclined to ask a bunch of questions. I'd rationalize that since I'm the one better equipped to handle most threats I'd need to know from whence the threat is coming. Not saying it's an appropriate response just that it's my most likely response.
    NRA Member
    S&W 642 (no-lock) with .38 Spl +P 135 GR Gold GDHP
    Glock G31 & G33 with .357 Sig 125 GR. SXT Winchester Ranger

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array mathewsman's Avatar
    i would look around and then leave if need be
    NRA sence 2003 Colt defender Taurus .357 mag
    Taurus tcp x box gamer tag mathewsman

I'd leave and ask questions later. As a fighter pilot, I trust my wingman. We're taught to be directive with comm and descriptive later if we see a dangerous situation developing (i.e. "Fury 2, break right" or "Fury 1, climb now!"). I'll do it and find out why later.

I'm sorry I can't say the same for my wifey. She'd put her cranium on a swivel and start asking a million questions, none of which I'd answer. Then she'd get pissed when I get pissed and drag her out of there with our boy in tow. I love her to death, but man, she has to have ALL the info yesterday.

My wife has become much more aware of 'our' surroundings, but I would still probably want to analyze the situation just a bit to make sure that we were not heading INTO the proposed threat...but I do trust her judgement (pretty much).
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by retsupt99 View Post
    My wife has become much more aware of 'our' surroundings, but I would still probably want to analyze the situation just a bit to make sure that we were not heading INTO the proposed threat...but I do trust her judgement (pretty much).
    +1....def listen and check sight lines fo the threat to insure we are both reacting the same direction.
    Friends don't let friends be MALL NINJAS.

I am just as nice as anyone lets me be and can be just as mean as anyone makes me. - Quoted from Terryger, New member to our forum.

I have the most wonderful wife in the world. If she said we need to go I would go and ask questions later.

I trust my wife's judgement. We would IMMEDIATELY leave. Ask questions later. Better to be safe than sorry. This way the threat is not escalated. I have to say, I wish I could convince the wife to apply for a CCWP.

VIP Member
    I would pay very close attention, as my wife isn't always aware of her surroundings, so if she got a feeling about someone, it would raise my alert level immediately.

I would obey.
    oldogy
    Government is out of control
    "If gun laws in fact worked, the sponsors of this type of legislation should have no difficulty drawing upon long lists of examples of crime rates reduced by such legislation. That they cannot do so after a century and a half of trying -- " Sen Orrin G. Hatch

Senior Member Array Phillep Harding's Avatar
    Danger is not the only reason for an immediate exit, or for her to leave /now/. I'd go along and ask why later.

I wish I could say the same of my ex. She'd go most of the time, but my voice drops to total calm and lack of inflection in the face of some dangers, and she never did catch on that I don't talk that way without something serious going on.

Radar and protect/survive modes would go on instantly as I followed her lead.

bosco

I have been married to the same wonderful woman for over 31 years, and in those 31 years, I have foolishly questioned her judgement many times.

There are a few things that I have found out over the years about my wife.
    1) The woman has no fear. I was shocked many times about this. But, she has no known fears (and, I know her quite well and probably better than anyone else) She would go into the den of a tiger and pluck his beard.... Of course, now that she's getting older, she might have to have someone hold the cage door open.

2) She "knows" stuff. I don't mean she is just smart and has learned things over a lifetime or had certain experiences that taught her lessons. I mean the woman KNOWS STUFF that she can't possibly have any way of knowing. (she is also a prayerful woman, maybe there is some connection) She has told me things that I seriously doubted and thought the woman was out in left field.... and, as time passed, SHE WAS RIGHT, dead on accurate.

3) The woman is faithful and determined. I doubt that there is anything or anyone who she embraces that she wouldn't give "her all" for, including her life. Our kids were always safe, in my mind, when out with Momma. This woman has also shown herself to be my best friend, ally and confidante... someone who I know would move heaven and earth to meet our families needs.

So, would I blindly trust her? (As Sarah Palin would say.... ) YOU BETCHA !

In a nutshell, I would say, I trust her judgement more than my own (she has proven herself many times over)

she is condition white all the time. there would be no warning tell it is all over.
    "I cannot undertake to lay my finger on that article of the Constitution, which granted a right to Congress of expending, on objects of benevolence, the money of their constituents." -1792, James Madison
    There are always too many Democratic, Republican and never enough U.S. congressmen.

VIP Member
    OK, I started the other thread "How would your wife react" so I guess I'd be a hippocrite if I didn't attempt to post an answer to this one.

MY ANSWER: I don't recall this actually happening to us, so I have to speculate a little. If she quietly told me "We need to leave now", and tugged on me a bit as stated; I would sure be curious about the details, but I'd leave with her instantly. Even if I felt she had a false alarm about something, I'd still be going with her because I wouldn't want her exiting some building outside into a dark parking lot alone or I'd be concerned she was having a medical event of some sort. I'd definitely be with her, I've been watching her back for 30+ years so it's sort of automatic now.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

Part of this depends on where we are. If we're at a resteraunt, I would have a hard time running for the door without paying. I am just trying to imagine the conversation. "Well officer, we saw a couple of suspicious characters. We thought they were casing the place and getting ready to start shooting. So we decided to dine and dash. We're really sorry. We had no idea that resteraunt did call-and-pick-up orders." However, if we were at a shoe, clothing or jewelry store, just try and stop me from leaving.

I would take her seriously, but I would ask for details. I would like to ananlyze the situation as well. If the best exit is close to the threat, running out the door may not be the smartest thing to do. But I trust her judgemnet enough to take her seriously.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Links