Straight From Local News Tonight

This is a discussion on Straight From Local News Tonight within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; (emotionally speaking) after he hit me a few times then took off after my wife "boom, thump" definitely comes to mind. now i hope emotions ...

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Straight From Local News Tonight

(emotionally speaking) after he hit me a few times then took off after my wife "boom, thump" definitely comes to mind.
    now i hope emotions would be overridden by common sense to do a few things first. 1-dragging him down the wall with him hanging outta my truck comes to mind first. save wife from being involved to begin with. 2- chase his "punk-a$$" down and show him age and treachery can overcome youth and enthusiasm. i don't fight fair..i fight to not get hurt...too bad or at least not the worst (after several fights rarely did i come out of one where the next morning i felt i "really" won) 3- run him over with my truck if not endangering wife or by-standers.
    getting over the issue of "don't hit another car" is tough. i'd hit the car in front of me in a second to end something like that.
    of course anything you do that involves a weapon, be it gun or vehicle, will be frowned upon by the courts..especially done to a teenager.
    mess with a mans kids, wife or dog and yer asking...no begging for trouble.
    R1

This is mine. That is yours.

Lets keep it that way.

2. Remove Ads

start slamming his head into the steering wheel/dashboard.
    them thump him a few times with the club. it's not just for locking steering wheels.

start slamming his head into the steering wheel/dashboard.
    them thump him a few times with the club. it's not just for locking steering wheels.
    So THAT'S why they call them that.

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

mik
    Like everyone else, I'd be wailing on him like no tomorrow. BUT ... the instant he attacks my wife, his tomorrows are in serious jeopardy. Beware the anger of a patient man. He would have an ambulance ride in his immediate future and I gaurantee he'd never have kids. I'd never draw in this case ... the beast would come out and I'd want the pleasure of dealing with him with my bare hands.

The troubling thing here is: your kids work at BK and say they have a hard time not doing the same thing to their customers? This is disturbing. Talk to them. Please.

If he is a small guy and unarmed then he is not a serious threat to myself and I would not draw. If he went for my 110lb fiance that would be a different story, I wouldn't hesitate to shoot if I had a clear shot. But he'd be between me and her and that would be a no-go for a shot. I'd probably punch him in the ear and push him down. Once he was down I'd put a boot to his head. Sounds bad but it would probably end to conflict. Then I'd have to resist the urge to take him for a long ride tided to the back of my 3/4 ton Silverado.

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Feeling like leaping through the drivethru and knocking some sense into someone, is one thing. Actually doing it, is something else entirely.

Living by our wits, with self control, and a healthy respect for others, is what seperates the sheepdogs, from the wolves.

Well said!

mm

Senior Member Array GoodSamaritan's Avatar
    Thank you...
    Now where is that smiley taking a bow...

Bryan

VIP Member
    I took out the triple tap there Bryan.

First I would roll up the window. Our boy isn't likely to weigh enough to stop it.

Next begin wailing on the window jumping idiot. No idea what I would do, but it would hurt a lot at a minimum and possibly be fatal to him if he continued to struggle.

Assess possibly injuries to myself and the the window jumping idiot.

Call police and ambulance.

If he should somehow get the better of me my wife would shoot him. She might shoot him anyway. The only reason she would leave the vehicle is if she thought she could get a better angle to shoot him.

-Scott-

Thumbs up Kudos to the wife!

Quote Originally Posted by Scott
    If he should somehow get the better of me my wife would shoot him. She might shoot him anyway. The only reason she would leave the vehicle is if she thought she could get a better angle to shoot him. -Scott-
    ~SIGH~ I wish MY wife still thought that way. She does not. But she used to, one reason I married her. She no longer even expresses any interest in shooting with me or going to the range at all. We used to go all the time. I don't know what to do.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Ex,

Have her read this thread. . .

mm

Wink Gotta Be Subtle When Dealing With the CFO.

Quote Originally Posted by madmike
    Ex,

Have her read this thread. . .

mm
    Not subtle enough. It'd make her mad. It would start an But I might use Scott's comment on HIS wife as an opener.....
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Hmmmm. . . Looks like a "lose-lose" situation.

Oh what the heck, go for it!

mm

Hey Ex: Just remember those words of wisdom you shared about spousal relationships a couple of weeks ago....."Yes, Dear...."

That was pretty good then.......

This is one of those situations where I'd be so mystified it was happening I'd just get my face pounded for a few. But once he got on after the wife, I'd go completely nonlinear on him, leaping around like a deranged baboon with a shark on its back, just screeching and chomping everything in sight.

I'd probably forget I had a gun.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Links