When they tell you just give in to the BG's demands....

This is a discussion on When they tell you just give in to the BG's demands.... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Hotguns, Your post(#14) is on the mark. Very well said. I would like to tell that to every lawmaker in the country but sadly they ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: When they tell you just give in to the BG's demands....

Distinguished Member Array RSSZ's Avatar
    Hotguns, Your post(#14) is on the mark. Very well said. I would like to tell that to every lawmaker in the country but sadly they are already the "just hand it over and you wont get shot",weenies that we have come to know. It is the common working man/woman that has to start the "refuse to be a victum" thing.

We need to start publicly saying to the LE community and our poleticians,"I know you can't/wont protect me,now just step outta the way and let me protect myself".

The people that get killed,robbed,raped,car jacked,etc.,without a fight,really amaze me. As I tell my students. You don't have to be fast,strong,well trained,or even brave. All you gotta do is get madder than hell and refuse to be the victum.

I've seen the wrath of some of the ladies that I teach. I can see,have seen,first hand when the fear turns to (simi-controlled)rage. Some can do it.Some cannot. The ones that can,are a force to be recconed with. Now I understand that you can just shoot one. But have you ever tried to grab and hold onto a female that is really (REALLY)pissed. Damn near impossible.

In my area we have bank tellers that turn over the money without ever seeing a weapon. The police have reciently caught a female bank robber that was known as the "telephone bandit" because during her robberies she was reported to be "calmly talking on a cellphone". During her string of 4 or 5 robberies,a weapon was never shown.

To me,the days of "just go ahead and turn over the money cuz it's not yours anyway",are over. Now it's not just about the money/robbery,now it's your life. The days of Bonnie and Clyde are over.

Now, when planning for the heist,the BG's pre plan to kill the witness. As the BG's first walk into the establishment the customers and employee's are already starting to be controlled. As the crap goes down the BG's gain more and more control over their victums. Until,sadly,the BG's have all the people in the back storeroom,on their knees,with their hands in back of their heads. Total submission. A lamb for the slaughter. Sad,real sad. ------

2. Remove Ads

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Crunch
    You better not. Wolves are protected under the Endangered Species Act.
    Only if they find a body. Anyway, the idea is to make human predators just as scarce so that THEY go onto the extinct list.
    Former Army Infantry Captain; 25 yrs as an NRA Certified Instructor; Avid practitioner of the martial art: KLIK-PAO.

Quote Originally Posted by ExSoldier762
    Anyway, the idea is to make human predators just as scarce so that THEY go onto the extinct list.
    Might as well. They're already protected...

KC

Senior Moderator
    Only if they find a body

HotGuns - #14, very well put.

I believe I found this quote on someone's signature on this forumn and it is very to the point:
    "May God be with you and may the devil be crushed underfoot as you march for peace on the skulls of our enemies, for goodwill, security and a quality of life that comes only with democracy, " - Ted Nugent

Self defence is one of the most fundamental pursuits of life. It is survivial. Compliance and complacency only gives power to the BG's.
    "To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." Ted Nugent

SIC VIS PACEM PARA BELLUM.

Me, if it's just property, they can have it. There is no way I will ever let a BG take my weapon, get me to kneel, or tie me up. When the BG tries this I will do what ever it takes.
    Dave

“The highest obligation and privilege of citizenship is that of bearing arms”. General George Patton—US Army

Vis et Veneratio

"So this is how democracy dies: to thunderous applause." Actress Natalie Portman as Padme in Star Wars Revenge of the Sith

If they ask for your property and you just hand it over you have(IMO) already started down the path of submission/compliance. Now you will be chalenged to find out where to stop and start doin' the gettin' pissed thing.

Don't get me wrong. If I simply get pushed,shoved,or some "hey dude" sez get the ___ outta my way,I surly wont draw on him. They aren't predators.

But when some POS want's something,ANYTHING,that is mine,something that I have worked for,he/they sure as hell ain't gonna get it without a nasty,bloody,fight.

Am I right ? Am i wrong? Each one of us will/should do what they have trained for,both physically and mentally. -------
    Last edited by RSSZ; March 24th, 2006 at 07:47 PM.

Senior Moderator
    But when some POS want's something,ANYTHING,that is mine,something that I have worked for,he/they sure as hell ain't gonna get it without a nasty,bloody,fight.

Am I right ? Am i wrong? Each one of us will/should do what they have trained for,both physically and mentally
    Personally, I think you are quite right. In my humble way of thinking the only desicion to make is wherre to draw the line and resist.Like anything else, common sense must be used and a mans' got to know his limitations.

One of the things that makes this board a great one is the warrior attitude that many people display. Although there will always be bleating and hand wringing about what to do by the sheeple out there in the world, we dont seem to get much of that here. To me its kind of refreshing to hear other people NOT advocate automatic submission and defeat in the face of an attack of any kind.

in the jive of Johnny
    when the gun's apointin at me
    someone's restin in peace
    john

Senior Member Array AirForceShooter's Avatar
    here's my reply:
    let me get this straight. If someone demands my money I'm supposed to give ot to them?
    GIMME your Money. NOW!!!

AFS
    Gun control is hitting what you aim at

AFS,

Where are your manners?!?

"GIMME your Money. NOW!!! PLEASE?"

Now, doesn't that sound so much better?

mm
    Political Correctness has now "evolved" into Political Cowardice.

As in another post....I ask>>> If someone walks up to you and simply asks for your money without making a specific threat(no threat at all)and does not show a(has no) weapon and you just hand them your money,WAS THERE A CRIME COMMITTED ??????????? ------

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar

request versus demand

Quote Originally Posted by RSSZ
    As in another post....I ask>>> If someone walks up to you and simply asks for your money without making a specific threat(no threat at all)and does not show a(has no) weapon and you just hand them your money,WAS THERE A CRIME COMMITTED ??????????? ------
    Sounds like begging to me: "Got any spare change, man?" "Will you give me all your cash, dude?"

If I were to give him money, no crime. However, my answer is always "No". If he desists, no crime.

With no weapon visible: "Get out of the car and gimme your keys." No longer a request. I draw, he sees me move and either runs or escalates to a physical threat.

If he runs before I can aim and shoot, fine; I phone in an incident report. If he threatens lethal force or begin to apply it, I reply in kind, (like probably everyone reading this).

Usally the bad guys dont like to leave no witnesses. If it ever happens to me god forbid Ill shoot and hope to leave no bad guys. I consider my guns to be an insurance policy there if I need it but hope to never use it. Stay safe everybody and have a great day Sixgun

Distinguished Member Array Anubis's Avatar

burglary or robbery?

Quote Originally Posted by dpesec
    Me, if it's just property, they can have it.
    Regarding burglary, I agree. If I am in the living room and see a thief running out of my garage with my tool box, I don't chase. If an intruder enters my living area while I and my wife are away, still just burglary.

Regarding robbery, however, I disagree. In a robbery scenario, it's never just property; there's always an accompanying threat of force or actual application of force. If an intruder enters my living area while I am home, I shoot (unless it's a little kid, or there's some other weird circumstance). According to an excellent local law, his mere presence is a lethal threat:

18-1-704.5. Use of deadly physical force against an intruder.
    Statute text
    (1) The general assembly hereby recognizes that the citizens of Colorado have a right to expect absolute safety within their own homes.

(2) Notwithstanding the provisions of section 18-1-704, any occupant of a dwelling is justified in using any degree of physical force, including deadly physical force, against another person when that other person has made an unlawful entry into the dwelling, and when the occupant has a reasonable belief that such other person has committed a crime in the dwelling in addition to the uninvited entry, or is committing or intends to commit a crime against a person or property in addition to the uninvited entry, and when the occupant reasonably believes that such other person might use any physical force, no matter how slight, against any occupant.

(3) Any occupant of a dwelling using physical force, including deadly physical force, in accordance with the provisions of subsection (2) of this section shall be immune from criminal prosecution for the use of such force.

(4) Any occupant of a dwelling using physical force, including deadly physical force, in accordance with the provisions of subsection (2) of this section shall be immune from any civil liability for injuries or death resulting from the use of such force.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Links