When they tell you just give in to the BG's demands....

This is a discussion on When they tell you just give in to the BG's demands.... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; "If someone points a gun at me I think it wise to assume imminent death and react accordingly." Agreed. But I didn't see a single ...

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: When they tell you just give in to the BG's demands....

Responding

"If someone points a gun at me I think it wise to assume imminent death and react accordingly."

Agreed. But I didn't see a single tactical response proposed. At gunpoint, the moment you go for your gun, assume you'r dead.

Here are my ideas for crititicism: I have no exerience, just a brain, which is your only immediately available weapon in the scenario. Use it.

Assuming hand-to-hand isn't an option, you have find a way to gain draw time.

Try to create a ruse. (Or both). "Better look behind you, Buddy" is worn out. Better would be a sudden change in expression, looking off to the side of him with jaw dropped and a fixed stare. He may not be able to resist a glance.

Draw time may still be insufficient. A secondary ruse may be effective while he glances away. If he is close enough, can you knck him off balance? Dive for cover, knock something over, throw something that makes a noise behind him.

Handing over your wallet might be an effective ruse, especially if you "manage" to drop it.

You get the idea. Invent more.

Play for time, especially if you can't create a ruse. The more time passes with apparent compliance, the more relaxed the BG may become. Make him more relaxed by acting scared and compliant. Offer him anything he wants. Especially to fetch the keys to the safe; (movement creates opportunity).

If you are isolated in an open space, your options are more limited. Duck, run and dodge, drawing as you do may be be your only, risky bet.

I agree, never let yourself be forced into a position of submission, unless you can't gain a draw opportunity. Better tied up with a chance for life, than shot during a hopeless draw.

These responses take presence of mind and courage. How well would I handle it? No idea.

Just my 2 cents.

C

2. Remove Ads

If they threaten me with deadly force, I'm going to remove the threat.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Links