Restaurant Fight...

This is a discussion on Restaurant Fight... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Several weeks ago my wife and I were out eating Sushi at our favorite joint south of Nashville... for those that don't know handgun carry ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Restaurant Fight...

Restaurant Fight...

Several weeks ago my wife and I were out eating Sushi at our favorite joint south of Nashville... for those that don't know handgun carry in restaurants that serve alcohol has been approved but isn't law until July 14th 2009. So my wife and I (both with HCP's) obey the law and leave our firearms in the car. This place is small... think of somewhere you'd eat in NYC... small width but long place... booths on both sides with 4 top square tables down the middle. We were in a booth on one side...

long story short... toward the end of our meal the couple sitting in the booth directly across the place causes a BIG RUKKUS of glass & plates crashing. I look to my right at their table to see the man throw his glass of water in his gal's face... they then sat there wiping their faces... he had a cut on his forehead - I think she threw her wine glass and hit him in the forehead. Oddly quiet... the restaurant is always quiet - one reason why we go there... but there was no yelling - no emotion whatsoever.

the Man then gets up and heads toward the bathroom. my wife and I have at this point already been talking about the situation and what to do "IF"... I was worried at this point that he would rage up in the bathroom and come out either with a weapon or with his fists... the guy was big.

They paid their bill and before the credit card came back she ditched his butt and left.

We paid our tab, left and didn't have any problems. Driving back toward Nashville we saw his butt walking home...

TWO things I'd like to take from this story... one has to do with another thread here about would my _______ fill in the blank with wife G/F etc... listen to me if I said GET OUT... this incident made us think about that. I told her if he came out of the bathroom in any noticeable change other than normal to tell me and we'd leave. Since then we have come up with a "word" that we DO NOT say unless we mean GET OUT NOW. We both understand that if either of us say this word at any time we are to listen to the other and get the [Edited] out of dodge...

the other thing is to constantly be aware of how we would get out if we needed to. this has taught me to be more in tune to my surroundings not just awareness of the people... but of the exits and how we'd get out if TSHTF.

How would you have handled this situation? we thought at one point that we should've left... stayed out in the car 'til we saw these fools leave and then come back in and pay our tab... I know nobody drew down or anything crazy like that but this was the scariest situation we've been in since we got our Handgun Carry Permits...
    Last edited by Captain Crunch; July 11th, 2009 at 01:18 PM. Reason: Language workaround.

2. Remove Ads

VIP Member
    I know the thread you are talking about. The thread is essentially emphasizing the 7 P's:
    Prior proper planning prevents piss poor performance.

My apologies to the mods in advance if you have to change it to the 6 P's, but I wrote it as I was taught.

I'm glad it all worked at well, at least for yourselves and the other uninvolved diners.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ppkheat View Post
    I know the thread you are talking about. The thread is essentially emphasizing the 7 P's:
    Prior proper planning prevents piss poor performance.

My apologies to the mods in advance if you have to change it to the 6 P's, but I wrote it as I was taught.

I'm glad it all worked at well, at least for yourselves and the other uninvolved diners.
    Funny I learned it as Proper Prior Planning prevent Piss Poor Performance. From my granddad who was a Lt. Commander in the Navy during WW2.

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by shooterX View Post
    Funny I learned it as Proper Prior Planning prevent Piss Poor Performance. From my granddad who was a Lt. Commander in the Navy during WW2.
    I think it depends on whether you're in the northern or southern hemisphere. A navy guy would know that.
    Turn the election's in 2014 to a "2A Revolution". It will serve as a 1994 refresher not to "infringe" on our Second Amendment. We know who they are now.........SEND 'EM HOME. Our success in this will be proportional to how hard we work to make it happen.

VIP Member
    I think it depends on whether you're in the northern or southern hemisphere. A navy guy would know that.
    Good one!!!

The resturant sounds like Ru Sans! Great place. I would have done the same thing. Just up the SA and be aware.

1943 - 2009
    Good one!!!

When you’re wounded and left on Afghanistan’s plains,
    And the women come out to cut up what remains,
    Just roll to your rifle and blow out your brains,
    And go to your God like a soldier.

Rudyard Kipling

Terry

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Where is this restaurant? I'll be in Nashville on business next week, staying near the Cool Springs Mall area. I love Sushi!!!

A co-worker and I would eat breakfast at a place just about every morning. A group of 4 or 5 older men ate at a table near us. One Monday, after a collage football game, one of them jumped up, threw his chair, knocked over his coffee,and started making threats to one of the others. I thought the whole thing was pretty entertaining. That is, until our waitress said "that guy carries a gun". Than it wasn't so entertaining!
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Distinguished Member
    +1 on the secret word. Drill each other on exactly where the exit is.

That's a great reminder for my SA. It's mainly 1) 21' rule, 2) useful cover, 3) exit location.

I like Nashville sushi, too, once I got used to raw catfish (kidding). I'm thinking of a place at the intersection of Sam Ridley Parkway and Murfreesboro Pike (Lowery St in Smyrna) - Minami fits your description - fifteen minutes from my place.
    Americans understood the right of self-preservation as permitting a citizen to repel force by force
    when the intervention of society... may be too late to prevent an injury.
    -Blackstone’s Commentaries 145–146, n. 42 (1803) in District of Columbia v. Heller, 554 U.S. 570 (2008)

the name of this place is Sushi O Sushi out Nolensville road south of Old Hickory blvd...

The threads on "what would you/you spouse do if one of you said 'lets' go" stimulated the conversation at our house. We now have the cash in pocket to throw down and haul the mail. Although we normally use a credit card for eating out, we have agreed to have the resources to use cash and beat feet. This thread just reinforces the discussion....
    When you think of the long and gloomy history of man, you will find more hideous crimes have been committed in the name of obedience than have ever been committed in the name of rebellion. - C. P. Snow

I'm baffled.

The woman bugged out right? Did you think he was going to come back from the bathroom and light up the place?

Possible, I suppose, but was he doing anything to suggest he might be aggressive with anyone besides the woman?

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by LOAF View Post
    the name of this place is Sushi O Sushi out Nolensville road south of Old Hickory blvd...
    Thanks, I'll check it out next week.

Senior Member Array psychophipps's Avatar
    Reminds me of my dad's new wife one time.
    Some big ol' tractor of a guy was being a bit off-color with some advances and had been warned off a few times already. Well, Mr. Charming really turned on the charisma this last time and my dad had called him out on it in a fit of old skool while still wondering how he's not going to get his butt smeared into the small cracks in the hardwood floors by this monster.
    So my dad and this guy start to square off when this bar stool comes out of freakin' nowhere and blows this dude out in one hit. My dad was stunned for a bit until his now-wife said, "Nobody talks to me like that..." So now the bouncer is rolling over and blaming my dad for hitting the guy and it took about six eye-witnesses to finally drive the point home that the buck-ten 5-nothing 50 year old lady is the one who did all that to the 6ft-16 250+lb monster clutching his blown out face.

Needless to say, I don't think that DV will be a problem is his house...at least, not from him.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links