Someone breaks into your home, neighbor calls 911

This is a discussion on Someone breaks into your home, neighbor calls 911 within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; You're at home watching soaps in your underwear when 2 men break through your front door. They instantly see you, you have no idea what ...

Thread: Someone breaks into your home, neighbor calls 911

Someone breaks into your home, neighbor calls 911

You're at home watching soaps in your underwear when 2 men break through your front door. They instantly see you, you have no idea what their intentions are.

Of course, this is during the day, you're sure a neighbor watched these men break into your home. You decide to calmly wait for the police to arrive. This is the neighbor's call: YouTube - 911 Caller: 'They Were Pushing the Door In' .

You'll be ok, right?
    Crime should be outlawed.

2. Remove Ads

what an airhead caller

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by narcberry View Post
    You're at home watching soaps in your underwear when 2 men break through your front door. They instantly see you, you have no idea what their intentions are.

Of course, this is during the day, you're sure a neighbor watched these men break into your home. You decide to calmly wait for the police to arrive. This is the neighbor's call: YouTube - 911 Caller: 'They Were Pushing the Door In' .

You'll be ok, right?
    Actually I have a VERY good idea of what their doing. Since even at home I am armed, or have a gun within arms reach I'm drawing and using whatever force is required to stop the home invasion that is taking place.

OK, I'm at home in my underwear with a Kimber in my hand as two individuals kick in my door.

(Immediately the two individuals will be confronted by the sight of me in my underwear and my Kimber...either one is pretty scary.)

As my gun is always near me at home, and no neighbors or relatives would dare kick in my door (they know why), I will be stopping the threat as the molding starts flying.

When you start kicking my door, I already know that your intentions are to do great bodily harm...no questions need be asked.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

I have a gun within arms reach in my house,there have been numerous home invasions here by guys posing as DEA agents,There is absolutely no reason for anybody to kick my door in and I will stop the threat,
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

In Delaware, East of the Mason Dixon Line.
    I think you are all missing the point no one was home at the house, the woman is a by-stander a neighbor, she does not have a dog in the hunt. This is the recent situation with Professor Henry Louis Gates, Jr breaking into his own home.

Cheers,
    "To believe that social reforms can eradicate evil altogether is to forget that evil is a protean creature, forever assuming a new shape when deprived of an old one." - SAT

Never argue with an idiot - they'll bring you down to their level then beat you with experience.

Quote Originally Posted by YouTube
    Cambridge police released a copy of the 911 call that led to the controversial arrest of black Harvard scholar Henry Louise Gates Jr. and a resulting national debate about racial profiling. (July 27)
    - Janq
    "Killers who are not deterred by laws against murder are not going to be deterred by laws against guns. " - Robert A. Levy

"A license to carry a concealed weapon does not make you a free-lance policeman." - Florida Div. of Licensing

To be honest, any further discussion about the meat of the matter here would probably violate the "no politics" rule.

Quote Originally Posted by narcberry View Post

You'll be ok, right?
    So, how do ya know that?
    Calmly wait for the police to arrive after two men force themselves into your home?

What is the real reason here?

Well, I would just wait for the press to handle it!
    Certified Glock Armorer

I don't think that this situation is at all political...how the press handled it on the other hand...

If I see a couple of guys forcing their way into a home you had better believe that they will be visited by the boys in blue. If I am seen "forcing" my way into my own home I would hope that more than one of my neighbors would see it and call 911. When the police arrive, I would simply do as they say and when asked what I am doing there I would tell them what I was doing...I was "stupid (word used intentionaly and that may be political) for locking myself out of my own home and I doublt that my neighbors would call 911 if they saw someone get the spare key from under the fake rock (not where mine is BTW) and proceed to calmly enter the house and turn on lights.

The actions that caused the call were EXACTLY actions that warrent a call to 911. PERIOD and this is regaurdless of what side of the isle you are on.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Story ends with free beer
    (well, taxpayer-bought beer. So probably the most expensive beer ever. But free for the drinkers.)

Links