Incident with crazy driver yesterday

This is a discussion on Incident with crazy driver yesterday within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was almost run off the road yesterday and I did absolutely nothing except call 911. Here is what I sent to the local PD: ...

I was almost run off the road yesterday and I did absolutely nothing except call 911.

Here is what I sent to the local PD:

"Yesterday I was on my way to work and I usually take MLK way to Interurban Avenue. This guy in a black Escalade EXT stops next to me and starts honking loudly. He yells,"Yo Cop, are you a f***ing cop, b***?"

My car looks like a police car but I have had it since 2 years and have never ever impersonated a police officer. So I politely said no to him.

The light turns green and I start moving. At this point he cuts me off from the left making me hit the brakes and pulls up to my right again cutting me off. Mind you the traffic behind me is now completely stopped in the middle of the road. He then says "why you being disrespectful? You want to arrest me? I'll sue Renton PD, I'll call Gates and Sharpton and sue your a**"

I asked him why he cut me off and started to call 911. At this time I asked him which part of I am not a cop did he not understand?

During this entire ordeal I tried to remain calm and didn't draw my weapon. I carry concealed and I have a CPL.

When he noticed me calling 911 he sped off.

I'm not sure who this jerk is or why he is against LEOs. I counted to 10 this time before reacting to his dangerous road rage.

The next time he pulls a stunt like this to harm me, I don't know if I will be as nice.

He is a black male with dreadlocks, about 250 lbs, couldn't gauge his height, probably 6'. His girlfriend was African American as well about 300lbs."

There have been 2 cases of attacks against officers in the past few weeks-one in Olympia WA and the other in Lakewood, where an LEO's cruiser was set on fire outside his home and gang signs were sprayed over his house. I'm not saying these incidents are related, but this guy seemed like he was inching for a fight.

Of course , this weekend all the cops are busy managing SeaFair and other events along the water.

I kept in mind what Biker RN said and didn't react. So thank you again, sir!
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

Self-righteous dingus running 22's and an attitude, committing vehicular assault with 4500 lbs of steel ... Someone will meet up with him who won't be so pleasant or accommodating, you can be assured of that.

Almost all you can do is: remember that you're the good guy, you're neither cop nor felon, and your primary goal is to make it home alive to your family tonight.

Kudos on keeping your head.
    Your best weapon is your brain. Don't leave home without it.
    Thoughts: Justifiable self defense (A.O.J.).
    Explain: How does disarming victims reduce the number of victims?
    Reason over Force: The Gun is Civilization (Marko Kloos).
    NRA, SAF, GOA, OFF, ACLDN.

jfl
    Andy of OPS keeps saying:
    - avoidance
    - deterrence
    - de-escalation

You did very well in my opinion.
    The first rule of a gunfight: "Don't be there !"
    The second rule: "Bring enough gun"

jfl
    (NRA Life Member/Instructor - GOA - IDPA - GSSF - ex-IHMSA)

Many of our less intelligent inner city brethren are using the recent Gates / Crowley affair to justify their own criminal actions.

In short, it's become "Open Season" on LEO's. It started, for what it's worth, the day the current president won the election. Now it seems the "race card" is being played more and more frequently too.

Avoid, De-escalate, deter. That seems like a good plan. With this current administration I look for a lot more U.S. Attorney involvement in Officer Involved Shootings and prosecutions of officers.

Biker

License plate number?

VIP Member
    In the future, try and avoid confrontation by not acknowledging or otherwise answering any questions. As for the subject’s comments regarding suing, etc., we have obama to thank for that.

His most recent controversy ignited a racial firestorm and it has effectively divided our country based on his personal prejudice. For this, you and your family and friends, can vote against his party whenever possible.
    Regards,
    “Monsters are real and so are ghosts. They live inside of us, and sometimes they win.”
    ~ Stephen King

I gave the plate number to the 911 dispatcher but failed to write it down. My bad. She put me on to a state trooper who notified me that there were no units in the area at the time and that he will get to it sometime soon.

I am not sure what they get by creating a sensational news story when there isn't one. This guy obviously wanted to make a big deal out of nothing. Then he'd be all over the news if he was arrested claiming racism.

I want to see him try that with a real LEO. Then again, the LEO may get in trouble.
    Vince K

I want to see him try that with a real LEO. Then again, the LEO may get in trouble.
    Sgt Crowley is a REAL LEO.

Biker

Blaming the President for this incident because he is black is a stretch. Idiots and folks itching for a fight come in all colors and shapes. You did well to control your anger.

Quote Originally Posted by BikerRN View Post
    Sgt Crowley is a REAL LEO.

Biker
    I didn't mean that in the Gates-Crowley case, I meant that in regard to the crazy driver in the Cadillac Escalade.

Respectfully,
    Vince K

Always try to ignore...it's difficult at times...I wish I could follow my own advice 100% of the time.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Quote Originally Posted by keboostman View Post
    Blaming the President for this incident because he is black is a stretch. Idiots and folks itching for a fight come in all colors and shapes. You did well to control your anger.
    The Prez said he didn't have the facts, then proceeded to assume what must have happened and to jump on the LEO.

It speaks to the quality of the decision-making we will get when really important things crop up, like Iran testing nukes. We got someone who has never made an important decision in his life. Now that he has to do so, he gets to learn on the nation.

I hope we survive such inexperience.
    He is no fool who gives what he cannot keep to gain what he cannot lose. - Jim Elliott

The world is a dangerous place to live; not because of the people who are evil, but because of the people who don't do anything about it.
    Albert Einstein

VIP Member
    Sounds to me like you did pretty well... I can't for the life of me understand how someone can be such a low life but I do understand there's a whole lot of these kind of people procreating.

Stay safe!
    ALWAYS carry! - NEVER tell!

"A superior Operator is best defined as someone who uses his superior
    judgement to keep himself out of situations that would require a display of his
    superior skills."

I can't believe you told the cops he was black. You're a racial profiler. I jest, good job keeping your cool.

Quote Originally Posted by 98LSWON View Post
    I can't believe you told the cops he was black. You're a racial profiler. I jest, good job keeping your cool.
    In this day and age you don't even have to mention race to be a racial profiler, just ask Lucia Whalen!
    "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both." Benjamin Franklin

Steps in the stripping of State's Rights/Sovereignty
    1. War of Northern Agression 2. Coersion to ratify the 14th Amendment 3. Ratified 17th Amendment

Links