Gunshots inside oprymills mall-nash. Tn

This is a discussion on Gunshots inside oprymills mall-nash. Tn within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; This happened about close to 2years ago, my wife, me and our children were dooing some shopping inside Oprymills mall in Nashville TN. we had ...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Gunshots inside oprymills mall-nash. Tn

Gunshots inside oprymills mall-nash. Tn

This happened about close to 2years ago, my wife, me and our children were dooing some shopping inside Oprymills mall in Nashville TN. we had just entered into a store when all of a sudden there was two shots fired right outside the store, now keep in mind the mall was packed with shoppers.

At that time it was like a heard of cattle running and screaming, I took my family into the back of the store and put all of them inside of a changing room and told my wife to shut and lock the door. Which she did at that time, I told her that I was going to stay outside and move a little closer to the entrance of the store.

I was not trying to be a hero, but I figured that if anybody was going to come into the store and start shooting people, well I wasnt going to let them get inside and get anywhere near my family, so another gentleman and myself posted security at the front of the store when all of a sudden the gunfire started again. At this time all hell broke loose inside the mall and now the cavalry was there and running rampid, which was a good sign to see.

Long story short, 3 gangbangers shot a guy inside the mall, my thoughts here are this, nomatter where you go and how simple the day seems to be, it can turn to crap in a heartbeat. Im just thankful I didnt have to resort to defending my family and myself. My family turned out to be fine, however they were very shooken up, that being their first experience with hostile gunfire..

2. Remove Ads

I carry at opry mills everytime i go. Ive even seen a few guys open carrying there.

well I havent been back there for quite some time now, but I assure you I will always carry when I go inside.

You handled yourself well IMO. Very cool head. But then looking at your profile, it appears you have experienced gun fire before and have training on how to react. Thinking of your family's safety first is first priority. Good job..
    Glock, Colt, S&W,Beretta,ParaOrdnance
    Springfields, Browning, Keltec... to name a few.

TSRA, NRA, IDPA, IPSC, USPSA
    NRA Certified RSO and Instructor
    Certified CHL Instructor in Texas and Lousisiana

I am glad you and your family are safe. I was watching a program on the History Channel the day before yesterday on TN gangs. The Bulldogs are supposedly dominant.

Stay safe!
    Vince K
    Aerospace Designer, Freemason, NRA member

yea Opry Mills has really gone south over the last few years. Even with their beefed up "security", there seems to be a violent crime every weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by wolfshead View Post
    I am glad you and your family are safe. I was watching a program on the History Channel the day before yesterday on TN gangs. The Bulldogs are supposedly dominant.

Stay safe!
    Really? I was watching Gangland the other night and they started in Fresno. Mexican gang and they don't have any type of head leadership

Good job buddy,get family in a safe place,and take up defensive position to stop the threat,kinda makes you wish you had an AR or AK right about then
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Interesting...my wife and I are going to Nashville tonight after attending a wedding in Jackson, TN. We are staying in Franklin and plan to go by OpryMills mall tomorrow before we head back home. I was curious to know if the mall was posted.
    Proud NRA member

well its been a while since i was last there, with that said, last time I was there, there were no postings against carring inside the mall. Im not sure now however. The other issue with the gangs, yes they have really started to grow in terms of numbers and members.

Orangevol, what part of TN are you from? I live close to Jackson TN.

The thing that makes me very angry is the closest mall to my home has a history of some violence. They also have posted sign indicating that guests are prohibited from carrying with or without a permit.
    "Bravery is the capacity to perform properly even when scared half to death." -- General Omar Bradley

well then, thats just one mall I would have to avoid

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by kellyII View Post
    well its been a while since i was last there, with that said, last time I was there, there were no postings against carring inside the mall. Im not sure now however. The other issue with the gangs, yes they have really started to grow in terms of numbers and members.

Orangevol, what part of TN are you from? I live close to Jackson TN.
    Kelly II...I live in Collierville, east of Memphis. Trip to Opry Mills mall was uneventful. I carried my G 27 OWB under an untucked golf shirt as my wife and I walked around the mall for over 4 hours. I saw no postings as I entered the doors by the Rainforest Cafe'. Saw a few gangbanger types, but mostly average folks shopping.

Stay safe and thanks for your service!!!
    Proud NRA member

I remember this incident I am a frequenter of that mall that carries also good to see fellow volunteers in here.

I was wondering it Opry Mills was no carry. I'm glad to hear that they aren't. Good job on protecting your family.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Links