Clerk shoots robber

This is a discussion on Clerk shoots robber within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Beaumont,Texas KFDM News This happened in a city about 5 miles from my home. I believe there are more comments from the store clerk at ...

Thread: Clerk shoots robber

Distinguished Member Array mr.stuart's Avatar

Clerk shoots robber

Beaumont,Texas KFDM News

This happened in a city about 5 miles from my home. I believe there are more comments from the store clerk at KFDM.com The clerk stated on a local broadcast he is not going to be shot without a fight.
    Perhaps they will think twice before robbing his store. I do not agree with chasing the BG outside,but it was the clerks call.

BEAUMONT - Beaumont police have found a car driven by a man witnesses say was shot by a clerk while trying to rob a liquor store, but investigators are still searching for the man.

Police received a call about the shooting at 10:38 a.m. Friday at Gulf Street Liquor, 3020 Gulf Street.

Witnesses say a man with a large caliber handgun walked into the store and demanded money, according to Ofc. Crystal Holmes with the Beaumont Police Department. The clerk handed over money and the robber left the store. Holmes says the clerk ran outside with his own handgun and chased the man into the parking lot. According to the clerk and witnesses, the man pointed his gun at the clerk. The clerk fired a number of shots at the man. Witnesses say the man was struck once near his armpit.

The man drove away in a green Mustang with a black convertible top. A witness chased the man in a car but lost him on East Lucas near Helbig.

Ofc. Holmes says at about noon, police found the Mustang in the carport of a home on Landry Lane in north Beaumont. It had several bullet holes in it.

The woman, described as a friend of the suspect, gave officers a consent to search the home.

Three children were inside the home. They were old enough to be home alone.
    According to Holmes, officers found blood clothing inside the home. They also found blood inside his Mustang.

A K-9 track was conducted that led to a dead end on a nearby street. Police say it's possible the suspect may have received a ride.

Police believe he got a ride out of the neighborhood. They say he'd been shot in the torso. They're not sure about the severity of his injury.

The accused robber is a black man, 31 years old, about 5'8" with a stocky build.

Police aren't releasing his name publicly until there's a warrant for his arrest.

Investigators haven't found the gun witnesses say he used in the robbery.

Police consider him armed and dangerous.

If you have information about the man, don't approach him.

Call the Beaumont Police Department at 832-1234.

You'll also be eligible for a Crime Stoppers reward if the information leads to the man's capture.

Six years ago to the day, on August 7, 2003, a manager was shot in the chest during a robbery at the same liquor store. The manager recovered. Police arrested several people.

Stay with KFDM News and KFDM.COM for the latest on the story.

2. Remove Ads

I don't think that chasing the BG who clearly left the store was the proper thing to do, but that was the clerk's choice.
    The 'ventilated' BG is bound to show up at a hospital sometime in the near future.
    Sounds as though the cops have all they need to book this 'felon in waiting'...he'll be getting his long term vacation very soon.
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

This store is in a bad part of the city. It doesn't surprise me that it got robbed. I agree that it not a good idea to chase the guy. You run the greater risk of getting shot or shooting an innocent bystander. That would cost a lot more than the money the BG stole.
    Glock, Colt, S&W,Beretta,ParaOrdnance
    Springfields, Browning, Keltec... to name a few.

TSRA, NRA, IDPA, IPSC, USPSA
    NRA Certified RSO and Instructor
    Certified CHL Instructor in Texas and Lousisiana

Well when the robber left the store the threat was over, unless he was to return, with that said who knows where or what he may have done at the next store he will rob, bc you know he will.

I guess that would be a tough call, even though the safe thing would have been staying in the store.. JMO

Links