Bad situation that could have been worse. - Page 3

Bad situation that could have been worse.

This is a discussion on Bad situation that could have been worse. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Great story, glad everything worked out ok. Thanks for sharing....

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Bad situation that could have been worse.

Great story, glad everything worked out ok. Thanks for sharing.
    Glock 27,Hi-Point .380, S&W 3913, RIA 5" Tactical

NRA Member/Supporter

"Government is not the solution to our problems; government is the problem." - President Ronald Reagan

Quote Originally Posted by NCHornet View Post
    Scary story, as soon as the door gave way I would have been slinging lead. Not sure I would have taken time to see what was in their hands. Glad it worked out for you though. What ever happened to the perp's?
    NCH
    I was thinking exactly the same thing. Guess they are lucky he was there and not us, huh.

What did they get charged with ? Breaking & Entering an occupied house here, carries about twice the time in prison.

I'm betting they think harder about following someone and kicking their door down. I always notice if someone is following, because I dealt with very violent offenders, etc. in the system and my life was threatened often every week. Consequently, there were some times..... I turned it around on them and had them pinned in ..... and here's me with gun drawn & police arriving.

Quote Originally Posted by Patriot911 View Post
    I agreed to let them off with replacing my front door and community service.

They were happy to comply.

Had these been other than drunks from a party gone bad, the results would have been much harder to clean up.
    The Constable knew all three of them. They were construction workers that had lived in the area all their lives. This was a rural area of Connecticut, most of the people knew each other. I did not know very many people, but I had just been transferred into the area a few months before. The Constable said they had gotten into trouble for drunk and disorderly before, but nothing beyond that.

One of the nice things about a small rural community is that everybody knows when you do something stupid. When everybody knows you and they see you doing community service, you never hear the end of it.
    "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

U. S. Navy, Retired
    NRA Life Endowment Member
    Firearms Instructor

Well done, great restraint! I have had dealings with drunks in the past and me taking (repossesing) items that they wanted to keep. I have found that drunks generally fall into one of two categories.
    1- Otherwise "good" people who get loud and act stupid.
    2- Otherwise "shaky" people who get load and act criminal.

I believe alcohol tends to amplify personalities and voices. If I knew these 3 men to be unarmed then I have got to believe/hope that I would show the same level of restraint you did.
    Pray for our nations leaders!

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    Awesome story, thanks for sharing! I think you did the right thing by not shooting when you observed that they were no longer interested in the persuit of the female after seeing what must of looked like a 120 mm cannon! I sure that would not have been the case if they kept comming!

Great decesion making on your part!
    [One Nation Under God]

Great story. Obviously, my comments can't change what happened, but one lesson I think we can learn is that if we receive a call from someone to come rescue them, why not call the police and explain to them what is happening and let them go to the location to retrieve the person in trouble?
    Ben

Cogito, ergo armatum sum. I think, therefore I am armed. (Don Mann, The Modern Day Gunslinger; the ultimate handgun training manual)

maybe your friend should learn getting intoxicated to the point of passing out at a party involving drunk men is ASKING for trouble. She should be very grateful for you.
    Glock 22, 27 Gen 4
    Ruger SP101 .357mag
    S&W 637 Airweight
    Ruger Single Six
    Ruger Blackhawk Bisley 45 Colt
    Mossberg 835 Grand Slam

They get to inpersonate a Police Officer and don't get a ride downtown, uhmmmm.
    Certified Glock Armorer

me
    Quote Originally Posted by bentcursor View Post
    but one lesson I think we can learn is that if we receive a call from someone to come rescue them, why not call the police and explain to them what is happening and let them go to the location to retrieve the person in trouble?
    I don't look at this as the best option. Nothing that he had been told about was illegal or in the realm of police jurisdiction. Dealing with a lot of young people and them all having my cell phone on speed dial I will tell you that I would lose a lot of the trust that my youth students have for me as a youth minister if i were to call the police instead of going and helping them.
    Mark

"The world is filled with violence. Because criminals carry guns, we decent law-abiding citizens should also have guns. Otherwise they will win and the decent people will lose."

-James Earl Jones

Distinguished Member
    Makes me feel good all over. Got an 18" 870 pistol grip with Surefire on my homemade bed rack and my H&K nine mil with Streamlight attached under the bed.

ps. JMO, but when it all shakes out it could have been one drunk girl killing three drunk kids. Not a ton of sympathy for the girl.
    "The heart of the wise inclines to the right, but the heart of the fool to the left." Eccl. 10:2

they had gotten into trouble for drunk and disorderly before, but nothing beyond that.
    Maybe THAT is the problem; they have learned they can get drunk and do anything they want with no consequences; you never discipline the dog he will keep ******* on the carpet.

Quote Originally Posted by aznav View Post
    Makes me feel good all over. Got an 18" 870 pistol grip with Surefire on my homemade bed rack and my H&K nine mil with Streamlight attached under the bed.

ps. JMO, but when it all shakes out it could have been one drunk girl killing three drunk kids. Not a ton of sympathy for the girl.
    You really lost me on this one. The girl wanted to leave and did so. THEY made the decision to follow her and the OP.
    Contrary to what many believe these days, the "Three drunk kids" are responsible for their actions.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sponsored Links