Planning on going to a town hall meeting...

This is a discussion on Planning on going to a town hall meeting... within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; My local (Democrat) Congressman is having a town hall meeting soon. I was thinking of attending. Being a vocal right wing radical conservative, I was ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Planning on going to a town hall meeting...

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar

Planning on going to a town hall meeting...

My local (Democrat) Congressman is having a town hall meeting soon. I was thinking of attending. Being a vocal right wing radical conservative, I was thinking of politely but firmly expressing my opinion.

There have been various national news articles of people being beaten and spending days in the hospital. These were mild mannered people. Well, I may not be so passive, but if people start attacking me (generally not likely in Oregon) and I draw my weapon, you want to talk about making the national news. This may not go well for the cause and lots of other negative repercussions.

Knowing the stakes, would you NOT defend yourself to the full extent under these circumstances? Perhaps less lethal means like pepper spray, etc.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

2. Remove Ads

Distinguished Member Array SonofASniper's Avatar
    If you fear you may be attacked, then you should not go. If you go, then you should remain the peaceful nice person you are, but be prepared to use the legal full extent of your abilities to protect yourself.
    I will support gun control when you can guarantee all guns are removed from this planet. That includes military and law enforcement. When you can accomplish that, then I will be the last person to lay down my gun. Then I will carry the weapon that replaces the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by SonofASniper View Post
    If you fear you may be attacked, then you should not go. If you go, then you should remain the peaceful nice person you are, but be prepared to use the legal full extent of your abilities to protect yourself.

Knowing the stakes, would you NOT defend yourself to the full extent under these circumstances? Perhaps less lethal means like pepper spray, etc.
    Knowing the stakes I don't go where there is the likelyhood of death and dismemberment when I am not working.

Biker

Watch out for the SEIU thugs.

To go or not to go, that is the question.

Whether tis nobler to uphold ones convictions and make public ones opinion, or knowing that one has avoided being used as a pawn, be intimidated into silence...

Pardon that outburst

Many of us are wrestling with this question. We all know the reason for these meetings. It is to grab media attention of one of two things.

1. The public agreeing with all of this garbage and saying "All hail, our great leader... the bringer of change!!!

2. Capture video of us evil right wing, armed, fanatics doing violence to the peaceful liberals.

This is a catch 22 situation. No matter what we do, we lose something. Our income, our freedom to choose, our right to bear arms, our self respect...the list goes on...

At the risk of sounding like a conspirator, I think I would want to make sure there was someone there with a video camera representing my side of the situtation. We have already seen examples of trouble makers coming in and instigating a situation, just so it can go on the news to show how quick tempered those who opose the democrat plan are.

This way if someone did provoke a situation, the evidence of them starting it could also be brought forward. Rather than the carefully edited "See how violent these people are!" video being all there is on the news.
    "We sleep safely in our beds because rough men stand ready in the night to visit violence on those who would do us harm."

U. S. Navy, Retired
    NRA Life Endowment Member
    Firearms Instructor

VIP Member
    Knowing there is a possibility that I may be attacked I would not go. Why put yourself in harms way when it can be avoided?

Distinguished Member Array kazzaerexys's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by archer51 View Post
    Knowing there is a possibility that I may be attacked I would not go. Why put yourself in harms way when it can be avoided?
    Because to avoid the place for fear of attack is to be intimidated into a failure to exercise political rights. This is a case where avoidance might be the greater evil.

Go get 'em, EMP!
    “What is a moderate interpretation of [the Constitution]? Halfway between what it says and [...] what you want it to say?” —Justice Antonin Scalia

SIG: P220R SS Elite SAO, P220R SAO, P220R Carry, P226R Navy, P226, P239/.40S&W, P2022/.40S&W; GSR 5", P6.

Make sure you're dressed like a Mob guy.........and have your swastika, so Pelosi and all those liberals know who you are...jk
    "Life's hard, it's even harder when you're stupid."John Wayne

NRA
    IDPA

VIP Member Array ExactlyMyPoint's Avatar
    Well, here is a quote from his web site:

Democrat Party of Washington County

Please try to attend these town halls and support our Congressman. Plan to get there early and take the front seats if possible. If you have video cameras to record the events, please bring them. We need to counter the rabble-rousers and elements of the far right who are trying to hijack these meetings.
    A rabble-rouser? Yup, that is me. I think I will avoid the one held at the police station...just in case.
    Preparing for the Zombie Apocalypse or Rapture....whichever comes first.

rabble rabble rabble rabble...

go and be heard, however id personally find a less then lethal means of protection to defend. I am pro gun 1000%, let them look like rabble rousers...

If you don't go then keep your mouth shut when Obamacare gets passed and we lose some more rights. I feel it is our duty to go and be heard at these events, even if there is a little danger to ones self.
    I disagree w/ those who would stay home and because of the intimidation of the congressmans people. Its our country - sometimes its a little dangerous - but only becoming more so everytime strong, good people stay home and watch the news on the couch.
    Speak up!!

If someone tries to shank you, yeah you do what you gotta do. At a town hall though, I wouldn't expect anything worse than shouting or pushing.

There may be people that are itching for a fight. That's why we have to hold ourselves to a higher standard so we don't get goaded into doing something that we regret later.

Quote Originally Posted by larefugee View Post
    If someone tries to shank you, yeah you do what you gotta do. At a town hall though, I wouldn't expect anything worse than shouting or pushing.

There may be people that are itching for a fight. That's why we have to hold ourselves to a higher standard so we don't get goaded into doing something that we regret later.
    If you get punched and kicked by 3 SEIU thugs, you'll be "goaded". Oh yes you will!

1) Bring someone to videotape
    2) Bring your cellphone with your lawyers number on it.
    3) Become the victim of an unprovoked attack
    4) Become a millionaire after the lawsuit.

No, seriously, be careful. They're Øbsessive nutz. On carrying a gun; it's your choice to make. Use your own judgment. Hopefully, the gun will not be needed.
    III

Keep this in mind if you decide to go. If you seriously hurt someone,even if it was self defense,and the D.A. read your post off of your computer,he could try to use that information in a prosecution by saying perhaps you were looking for trouble. Don`t get me wrong,I get mad when I hear about the shenanigans that have been going on, but keep a cool head and beat them with the truth. Don`t let anyone cause you to get in a world of trouble.
    My child is a Honor Student at Camp Polk Correctional Facility.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links