Close Call in Fatalville nc

This is a discussion on Close Call in Fatalville nc within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; Myself and a few friends had been out the other night after a day at the range. We stopped in the Closed down Circuit city ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Close Call in Fatalville nc

Myself and a few friends had been out the other night after a day at the range. We stopped in the Closed down Circuit city parking lot where all of the other car people meet up. We sat there chatting about all the things paratroopers talk about and directly in front of us about 25 yards away a rather large IE fat black man was threatening a 20 something year old white guy walking across the parking lot with his 2 year old looking son. The guy with the kid was moving with a purpose to get to his vehicle and the other guy was telling yelling " I'm going to come to your house and bury your whole family" ect That caught us all pretty off guard, and atracted alot of attention. then we saw the Man pull a pistol and start moving towards the man and his kid.Thegun was behind his back and out in plain sight.

I didnt really know what had started the confrontation, if it was on going or what the problem was. But Ididnt like that a kid was in the middle of it. One of the guys called 911 to let them know what was happening. and gave them the lic plate number of all 3 cars that were with the guy that started the confrontation. While the other 3 of us who had Conceiled pistols positioned ourselves to help if we needed to protect the kid and his un armed dad.

Took the cops less than 5 minutes to get there. and as soon as the came in the the man gave the gun to his gf, who tried to speed off but was caught by cops blocking the exit. and the man was picked out of the crowd. We were on our way after that so I dont know what else had gone down and didnt see anything in the paper.

Just wanted to let everyone know keep an eye out theres no tellign what may have started this but people really dont give a damn about kids inthe middle of situations such as this.

Robbie

I think that's close to earnin' a CIB....

Seriously, when someone is mouthing those words and draws a gun, it's "showtime"!

I am glad you guys called it in...if justice is served it should be a felony ride.

Way to go trooper!
    "It's a big gun when I carry it, it is also a big gun when I take it out” – Clint Smith

The only reasonably innocent one in this situation is the 2 y/o IMHO.

That may be a situation where I may do something, as kids should get a chance to grow up, as not all of them turn into prisonbound punks.

Even bad things happen to bad, and not so bad, people in the nicest of places. It's best to be prepared.

Biker

The world is full of crazy people, you never know where the will just pop up!!!

Lucky for the father and child you guys were there....

No telling what he might have done.

Distinguished Member Array Arko's Avatar
    Yeah, who knows what started this, or what crap the father is into, but seeing as how the actor escalated the situation while the father retreated, I too MAY have moved to the ready to protect the child. That generally violates my "me and mine" protection rule, but it's a different game when kids are in the middle.
    "Don't Tread on Me"

Coming from the Monday morning QB chair, it sounds like you and your friends did the right thing. You observed a situation escalating to a potential shooting, called 911 , gave a solid descriptions, and got your selfs in a ready position if things got worse.

Thank god for that child's sake you all were there.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Sound like everything turned out a OK. Hopefully BG goes away on an extened trip.

Great use of your brain and cell phone. The 'little guy' is certainly a bad situation, and you stayed around to keep an eye on him.
    Many individuals in a parking lot may not have even noticed the trouble brewing.

Stay armed...stay alert...stay safe!
    The last Blood Moon Tetrad for this millennium starts in April 2014 and ends in September 2015...according to NASA.

Certified Glock Armorer
    NRA Life Member[/B]

Wow, sounds like a pretty tense situation. How far away were you? Were you close enough to take a clean shot?
    Pray for our nations leaders!

God knows I love living in Fayettenam, NC.
    "Without fear there can be no Courage!"

Senior Member Array 2ndsupporter's Avatar
    Good job, Robbie!
    [One Nation Under God]

Quote Originally Posted by JimmyC4 View Post
    I think that's close to earnin' a CIB....

Seriously, when someone is mouthing those words and draws a gun, it's "showtime"!

I am glad you guys called it in...if justice is served it should be a felony ride.

Way to go trooper!
    ive got one of those lol. well 2 whatever 2 different countrys same CIB.

Quote Originally Posted by Dal1Celt View Post
    God knows I love living in Fayettenam, NC.

You know it. Its just getting worse here pretty bad when the Mayor has to write in the paper " Remember youlive in a city where 90% of the people are military which are 100% armed"

We were within 25 yards in a parking lot, 1 moved right up behind the perps car so within 10 feet.

Still dont know what started it but the kid was the main reason we did what we did. Thanks for the replies everyone.

Robbie

If the guy with the kid was shot by the thug....what would you have done?

since this is the senarios section....

Quote Originally Posted by JSlack View Post
    If the guy with the kid was shot by the thug....what would you have done?

since this is the senarios section....
    To be 100% honest with you. Had he pulled the weapon from behind his back ( the father knew he had a weapon he yelled out loud he has a gun!) and stanced to train the weapon onto the father I would have Shot him. I had a Sig 229 in .357 I regularly shoot in the range I was to the man and there was nobody directly behind him in my line of sight. Had I not had a clear shot. I wouldnt have shot unless I could repositionmyself. My other friends had another angle at the man from about 10 feet away would have did the same.

Check your CCP booklet too, I believe it is in there. IIRC, If you start the problem you lose the ability of self defense unless.... you attempt to retreat and are followed. At which point you regain your ability for self defense after a reasonable attempt at retreating, and a third party would also be justified. Just an FYI.

But that whole scenario is what gives me the whillies about getting involved with a 3rd party situation that I was not a witness to the beginning of. I would have probably tried to do something similar. You still don't want to be seen as initiating or escalating the problem.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Sponsored Links