Kinda strange event happend today.

Kinda strange event happend today.

This is a discussion on Kinda strange event happend today. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; So I want to hear your feeling on this. My wife and I were headed home from her families house this evening (10:00 pm). We ...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Question Kinda strange event happend today.

So I want to hear your feeling on this.

My wife and I were headed home from her families house this evening (10:00 pm). We went from Brigham city, UT. to Tremonton, UT which is about a 20 mile drive. Just outside Brigham there is a small town calle Corrinne. A sheriff was parkedat the fuel station there and pulled out behind us, we are in separate vehicles, and followed us the ENTIRE way. As we got closer to our house we were thinking it was weird. Even my wife noticed and she isn't in code yellow all the time like myself.

So we start taking random turns with her following me and the sheriff is still behind us until we take the turn to go past the Tremonton police station. I called dispatch and they hadn't heard anything so its not like he was seeing suspicious activity and he didn't report to Tremonton when we got close so he really had no reason to follow us. I also have a tail light out and he followed us that far with out anything not even running the plates.

Then when we went home finally we saw him at a local fuel station and there are a LOT of better ways to get there than the way we went and he was at a fuel station when he pulled out behind us.

I thought this was very strange and kinda worried my wife and myself. What do you guys and gals think? Anyone in Utah law enforcement have any insight?

Thanks in advance all.

Get out your timfoil hats there coming,he was probably just on routine patrol and just happened to be going the same way,and then checked the gas station due to them being easy robbery targets,and open at all hours.When I was an LEO I made it a point to check up on all the open businesses on my sector frequently to deter robberies,and the clerks appreciated it
    "Outside of the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the country,"
    --Mayor Marion Barry, Washington , DC .

Thats kinda what I was thinking but its better to check and be safe. You never know what kind of whack jobs are out there.

Fix your stupid tail light! That's one of the most common PC issues out there.
    Treat me good, I'll treat you better. Treat me bad, I'll treat you worse.

I had a car problem on the turnpike and was on the side. An LEO in a SUV, lights, County Sheriff on the side, etc. stopped ... talked to us a second, etc.... and then left.

Then a Hwy Patrolman pulls up... as we are talking ... I mention it weird that a County Sheriff's officer was on the turnpike. He lit up like a Christmas tree... and began radioing in, etc. There was NO County Deputy in that area or that had been in that area. He then advised me that someone had been in that area posing as an LEO and robbing people when he pulled them over, and had raped a few woman.

Ya never know for sure, huh.

Quote Originally Posted by AZ Husker View Post
    Fix your stupid tail light! That's one of the most common PC issues out there.
    Easy buddy I didn't even know that it was out until that night when my wife called me and let me know. was I supposed to rush to the store and get a bulb and fix it right then in the dark? I planned on getting it done today.

Sorry that my light bothers you so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustinmk4 View Post

I also have a tail light out and he followed us that far with out anything not even running the plates.

I'm curious, how do you know that he didn't run your plates? That information can be accessed via his laptop, can it not LEO's?
    "Far better it is to dare mighty things, to win glorious triumphs, even though checkered by failure than to rank with those poor spirits who neither enjoy much nor suffer much, because they live in a grey twilight that knows not victory nor defeat."

Theodore Roosevelt

Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by David in FL View Post
    I'm curious, how do you know that he didn't run your plates? That information can be accessed via his laptop, can it not LEO's?
    Yes, it can be. I'll follow somebody who has my curiosity for as long as it takes for the information to come back on the computer, or until I'm satisfied they are not up to anything sinister. I wouldn't worry about it to much.
    "Just blame Sixto"

Distinguished Member Array orangevol's Avatar
    Sounds like undue paranoia. If you are not breaking the law, what difference would it make if he followed you into the next state? Would you have reacted the same if it had been a bald guy in a white Toyota, a blond woman in a green Honda, or a teenage kid in a blue Chevy?

Didn't mean to bust your chops, just don't understand why you would go to the extreme of calling the dispatcher over a situation like this.

I sometime think aliens are following me...but when I turn around they're gone.
    Proud NRA member

my thoughts exactually, I wouldnt sweat it. Maybe he was just checkin you out, all turned out well

Administrator
    So were you OCing, or was it just the deputy?
    "Just blame Sixto"

A few weeks ago an LEO in patrol car came up behind me and then stayed in my blind spot for several blocks, matching my speed exactly, up or down. He even stayed in my blind spot at traffic signals instead of pulling up to the line. It was rather unnerving. Suddenly he turned away. I guess he was running my plates and after I came back clean he lost interest? It was strange though that he clearly made a deliberate effort to stay in my blind spot, as if I wouldn't notice he was following me.
    Last edited by cz2075bd; August 13th, 2009 at 10:19 AM. Reason: fixed typo

He may have noticed that you were following another car and wanted to make sure nothing was going on such as road rage, etc..
    "I like pigs. Dogs look up to us. Cats look down on us. Pigs treat us as equals." - Sir Winston Churchill

cj
    Quote Originally Posted by spooter66 View Post
    He may have noticed that you were following another car and wanted to make sure nothing was going on such as road rage, etc..
    Just what I was thinking. It may have started with him noticing that you were following 'a woman in her car' (from his point of view).

So were you carrying?
    Be not far from me, for trouble is near; For there is none to help. psalm22:11

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Links