Where do you stage your pistol while asleep.

This is a discussion on Where do you stage your pistol while asleep. within the Carry & Defensive Scenarios forums, part of the Defensive Carry Discussions category; I was reading a thread the other day that had me thinking about where some folks keep their defense pistol when they're asleep. Thought this ...

View Poll Results: Where do you stage your defense weapon while you're asleep

Voters
411. You may not vote on this poll
  • On your nightstand

165 40.15%
  • In your nightstand

74 18.00%
  • In a safe on your nightstand

28 6.81%
  • In a safe in the same room

41 9.98%
  • Under your pillow

22 5.35%
  • on your person

4 0.97%
  • other

77 18.73%
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

I was reading a thread the other day that had me thinking about where some folks keep their defense pistol when they're asleep. Thought this would be an interesting poll to conduct.

Where do you keep your home defense pistol?
    "He that hath no sword, let him sell his garment, and buy one." – Luke 22:36

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Distinguished Member Array pcon's Avatar
    i don't have a night stand, so mine is on the floor right next to me. the bed is also on the floor :-D the wife and i haven't gotten around to buying a bed frame yet.
    Μολὼν λαβέ

memento mori

Ron
    In a mini gun safe on my night stand with the door of the safe open for ready access to the gun and tactical flash light.

We have grandkids who live nearby and visit regularly, so the safe gets closed up and put back up on my clothes chest first thing upon waking up.
    "It does not do to leave a dragon out of your calculations, if you live near him."

J. R. R. Tolkien

Quote Originally Posted by pcon View Post
    i don't have a night stand, so mine is on the floor right next to me. the bed is also on the floor :-D the wife and i haven't gotten around to buying a bed frame yet.
    Been there... Slept that way for most of my single life. cheers!

"If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." – Thomas Jefferson

Mine is within my immediate reach on the nightstand next to the surefire 6P; within 3 feet in the closet, door cracked is the Benelli and the AR, both ready to go with Streamlights mounted on both......
    "Guard with jealous attention the public liberty. Suspect everyone who approaches that jewel. Unfortunately, nothing will preserve it but downright force. Whenever you give up that force, you are inevitably ruined". - Patrick Henry

Distinguished Member Array Rcher's Avatar
    No kids in my house. I keep my HD pistols far enough from the bed that I would have to get up to access it. It sits on the dresser across the bedroom. I feel that this would give me enough time (hopefully) to wake up, assess my surroundings and then make a clear headed decision first.

I used to keep it on the nightstand until one night my wife said; "Honey, turn of the TV please" and I almost grabbed my gun instead of the remote.
    "Government is not the solution to our problem; government IS the problem". - Ronald Reagan 1981

Senior Member Array Hydrashok Glock's Avatar
    On the night stang with surefire x200 spare mags and streamlight led
    The choices you make today define you of who you are tommorow

When you see the light at the end of the tunnel your life is not over..... it is just about to begin

COPS Protective Services

VIP Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Rcher View Post
    No kids in my house. I keep my HD pistols far enough from the bed that I would have to get up to access it. It sits on the dresser across the bedroom. I feel that this would give me enough time (hopefully) to wake up, assess my surroundings and then make a clear headed decision first.

I used to keep it on the nightstand until one night my wife said; "Honey, turn of the TV please" and I almost grabbed my gun instead of the remote.
    I do the same thing, for the same reasons, and because of my kid. I keep my surefire next to the bed.

Lightbulb

I have this huge king size waterbed... bookcase and all, I've had since the 70's.
    I have a Uncle Mikes holster mounted on the wooden side rail on the wall side so it can't be easily seen. Very fast access and an extra mag pouch on the holster. This keeps it off the headboard where I also keep the Tv remote.
    “Put your pain in a box. Lock it down. No man is stronger than one who can harness his emotions.” -Act of Valor

On my bedside shotgun rack.

EdC
    Next to my bed, on the floor, in a DAC push button safe. I also need some time to wake up and come to my senses. After looking at some other posts here, maybe putting in a drawer where I just have to get out of bed might be better.

On the nightstand right beside me when im home,
    where im at here,,,, well she's usually in the bed with me.

I can and do wake up at the drop of a hat so to speak, and I have to be ready right then,, so clearing the cobwebs is not an issue with me.

I chose safe in the same room. Not an option for me, with the little ones and all.
    My wife made it clear, no safe, no guns.
    Don't believe what you hear and only half of what you see!
    -Tony Soprano

Quote Originally Posted by kellyII View Post
    I can and do wake up at the drop of a hat so to speak, and I have to be ready right then,, so clearing the cobwebs is not an issue with me.
    Same here. I can be what I feel is wide awake in just a few seconds, depending on the sound that woke me up.

I went with other. I have my 870 under the bed on my side and my M&P on a bookshelf that is right next to my bed. As to waking up quick I know what you mean, if I wake up normally and am getting ready for work it seems that I'm still asleep for the next hour or so. If I wake up to something strange I'm instantly alert.

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Links